Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah
Short version, I've accumulated lots of postcards of various sizes, shapes, and styles. I'm also trying to purge extra things that I don't need to still own.

If you'd like a postcard, post here then e-mail your mailing address to jbone@thefinalact.net (sorry, I don't have PMs) and I'll send you a postcard.

I'll write something on the postcard to you. It might be something related to the picture on the card. It might be a story related to true or imagined adventures where the card may or may not be from. It may be something about how much I miss you and savor your sweet, sweet embrace. Who knows!

Once you get the card, please post pictures in this thread (and of course blur out your/my personal details).

Cards will be mailing from the Washington, DC area. International addresses OK.

Depending on how popular this gets, I can't guarantee everyone replying will get a card, but I do have kind of a lot of postcards... have I mentioned I've accumulated lots of postcards?

Edit to add: And greeting cards! I almost forgot, I also have lots of greeting cards! I'll probably send out some of those, too.

---

FAQ:

N. Senada posted:

Can I get 8 of these cards?
You can get 1 of these cards.

jbone fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Does nobody want one of my fine postcards?

I understand, sometimes folks just need a little tease to whet your appetite - an hors d’œuvre, if you will.

Allow me to share with you a postcard I previously sent to my friend SmileyPonderosa:

Handwriting aside, I hope this sample helps ease your mind that I do, in fact, have postcards to give away.

Please help me get rid of these postcards? I have so many postcards.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'll take a postcard! I absolutely loved my visit to DC 2 years ago and if nothing else it'll weird Mrs. Slidebite out who picks up the mail every day. The stranger the better. Email on its way.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

You're on.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

I assure you, sir, I am not "on" anything.

Also, both cards went out today.

Loora
Jan 22, 2004

I love Greg almost as much as I love Wiggles. Almost.
Oh cool I love postcards!
I have some lying around so I'll totally reply to you even though that kind of ruins the idea of getting rid of stuff you don't need...

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Loora posted:

Oh cool I love postcards!
I have some lying around so I'll totally reply to you even though that kind of ruins the idea of getting rid of stuff you don't need...

That's okay, I can just stick an address label over the old one and send it out again, pretending it was me who wrote it all along!

Also, yours went out.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Awesome. I can't wait for the inevitable WTF is this from Mrs. Slidebite.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I like this idea!

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

N. Senada posted:

You can get 1 of these cards.

southpaugh posted:

I like this idea!

Address received!

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
I would Love one I will e mail you my address.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I'd like a card too if you're still doing this! Sending an e-mail now.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

All the latest requests went out today. Cheers!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I worked with a guy named Jbone once. No joke. Jared Bone. Also, email sent. I look forward to my postcard from the internet.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I will do the scan and post tomorrow, but today was a genuine WTF day from Mrs. Slidebite and it pretty much went as hoped. Postcard mentioned my ex-navy service, layovers in Casablanca and foot surgery. All sent from Tanzania. loving awesome and good job jbone :).

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I worked with a guy named Jbone once. No joke. Jared Bone. Also, email sent. I look forward to my postcard from the internet.

I am not he, for better or for worse. Also, your postcard is written, I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow or Monday.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

As per OP, scan of received postcard.

Thanks again jbone. Good (and bizarre) stories.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I got my card!

:stare: If this is the trailer, I want to see the film. A+ work, Jbone.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Glad everyone's happy so far! I have a couple more I meant to drop off but are sitting on my desk at the office, and I won't be back until Monday. Whoops. But they'll go out!

Still got lots more cards needing homes, keep those requests coming.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Otner and other-dude-who-didn't-post-here, got your addresses! Will send yours out this coming week.

Also, it seems several of my greeting cards are ~~~ holiday cards ~~~ !

So if you'd like a holiday card from the edge of sanity, remember to post here and e-mail me your address!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I check my mail everyday hoping to find someone has written me something special, and every day I am disappointed. Except when the Tandy catalog comes, that's a good day.

Please send me a postcard, Mr. JBone.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

As promised, a bunch of outstanding cards went out today. (Note the double entendre.)

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I check my mail everyday hoping to find someone has written me something special, and every day I am disappointed. Except when the Tandy catalog comes, that's a good day.

Please send me a postcard, Mr. JBone.

Will do!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I'd love a postcard! Emailing you shortly.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

All postcards EXCEPT ONE have gone out - I found one on my desk that never actually made it into the mail. Whoops. Will be sent tomorrow, then I'm all caught up and ready to write some more!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It's gonna be a week or two before i get pics of the card up here since I'm away from home. But it was actually a super weird and hilarious card I recieved. I actually didn't remember that I signed up for this thread so was super weirded out when it arrived! Awesome!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Got my postcard in over the weekend, thanks! It was a nice pick-me-up.

I've never heard of "Bahamas Island" in the Hawaiian archipelago, how strange... :shobon:

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I would love to receive one of your cards, will e-mail you my address.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry for posting late, but I got mine. My girlfriend delivered it saying, "the people at Something Awful are weird" and tossed it on me. She knew it was from here because it's the only place where I have this screen name. Ralp just changed it a month or so ago. So pretty adept that the card was about me not actually being An Ounce of Gold.

Thanks internet!

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

SirJohanna posted:

I would love to receive one of your cards, will e-mail you my address.

Mailed it today!

Re: Gold: Yes. Yes, we are.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
My postcard has arrived but my gf is holding it hostage and won't let me see it. She says it's hilarious though! I'll post scans as soon as I can pry it out from her.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Got my post card a while ago, Just getting around to scanning it!

Room mate wanted to know when we can get some of this weird fruit?

Post card is going to get stuffed in one of my books for the great grandkids to find decades from now and wonder what the hell.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

President Kucinich posted:

Post card is going to get stuffed in one of my books for the great grandkids to find decades from now and wonder what the hell.

:q:

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Thanks for the postcard!

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

I just got a request from [redacted].writes.things@gmail.com but there was no post here, and the name in the e-mail doesn't match the name on the address.

As I'm not in the business of sending cards to COMPLETE strangers, please post on here to let me know that this is, in fact, not going to result in breaking anyone's restraining order.

Fanana
Sep 20, 2014
I would like one. Pretty please :)

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

Fanana posted:

I would like one. Pretty please :)

Sure thing, Fanananananananananana.

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm intrigued, and would like to partake in aforementioned postcard and/or card of greetings.

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

My stamps are all at the office, and I've barely been at the office this week, but I'm gonna try to get outstanding cards out by the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Just got mine, thanks! My niece said she hasn't received anything but I'll keep following up.

• Locked thread