Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey kids, it's time for Trad Games Secret Santa! Yaaay!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 HAS BEGUN!
The "main round" of TG Secret Santa has closed, but you can still exchange gifts with anonymous Trad Games goons!
Read all this post and then read this post to get in on the gift exchanging.

As in years past, around December we goons like to make a financial contribution to the global economy and add a few thousand tons of carbon to the atmosphere by basically buying stuff for strangers. It's fun! I have once again “volunteered” to organize this shitstorm, mostly because it lets me stake out a fiefdom of authority from which I can impose my momentary whims upon literally dozens of strangers. Basically what that means is I make up the rules and you all obey them. We should all thank our dethroned former forums mascot moderator Winson Paine, peace be upon him, for doing a fantastic job in years past, but I'm still enjoying doing this so I'm gonna do it again some more.

I like to make up rules so here are a whole bunch of them, organized using a fake conversational style where you ask me dumb questions and I give long-winded answers:

What's Secret Santa?
It's Secret Santa for the goons who hang out in the Trad Games subforum. Everyone who wants to participate puts their name in a figurative hat. Then in late November, everyone gets assigned someone else from the hat to send a present to. The person getting the present doesn't know who will send them one, so it's Secret. So, you give a gift to a stranger and in turn a different stranger gives you a gift! Everyone benefits, especially international shipping companies!

Holy poo poo this sounds awesome! I want to do it!
That's not a question but anyway, not so fast. Read the entirety of this post very carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's a bunch of rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. The process is designed to maintain anonymity, reduce the likelihood that anyone gets Grinched, and streamline the organizational nightmare for me, the tyrant Organizer.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

You better understand perfectly clearly that signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. They paid money and gave a present and didn't get anything in the mail. It is the saddest thing. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

As usual, I'm gonna participate and that means I have to assign myself to someone and will know who that is, because it'd be too hard to try and keep it secret from myself. It sucks that I don't get to be surprised, but I still won't know what my present is, so that's good enough.

How much is this going to cost me?
US$30 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. You don't deduct shipping from the gift dollar guideline amount because it's not your Santee's fault he lives in Kiribati and he shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if I live in an Exotic Foreign Land like Djibouti, the Marianas Islands, or Kent?
That's OK. I will try to match up people to take postage costs into account. There is likely to be an imbalance somewhere, so if you are willing to cover the extra cost of international shipping, then you
are an extra specially wonderful goon who deserves to feel extra full of warm fuzzy feelings this Holiday Festive Season. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can often order directly from an online retailer in their country, and thereby avoid excess shipping costs.

I can't afford that!
If $30 plus shipping is genuinely a hardship for you, you might be too poor to be buying presents for strangers on the internet. But, maybe you could make a home-made gift? Or perhaps you have something in your game closet (in good condition) that is worth (in its current state) about $30? If it would suit your Santee, it's fine to send something you already own rather than buying a new thing. Just remember that the goal is to delight your Santee with your largesse, not disappoint your Santee with your stinginess.

International shipping is too expensive! I want to participate but I can only ship domestically.
That's probably fine. Follow the procedure outlined below and I will do my best to make sure you don't have to ship internationally. Based on past years, if you live in the continental US, I can definitely do this; if you are in Canada, the UK, or Australia I can probably do this; and if you are in any other country, it's unlikely I can do this. I can still try to match you to someone in your region: for example, I can match a eurogoon to another eurogoon.

I'm scared!
Don't worry. If you are worried, you can mention it in your post or in your e-mail to me. I will match you with a Reputable Goon and tell them not to send you a dong. This is probably the right place to mention that Captain Foo would rather not get another dong this year; he has enough dongs now (although I think he didn't get a dong the last couple of years, so maybe it's now Dong Time again). So far the track record has been pretty good, and as far as I know, we've had zero incidents of stalking. The great majority of goons were happy they took part, and most have been coming back in subsequent years.

OK When do we send things?
Last year there were several requests to move the timeline earlier so everyone would have a bit more time to get gifts bought/made, packaged, and shipped. Some time on Sunday, November 23rd, (which is Thanksgiving Week in the United States) I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until Christmas Eve: Wednesday, December 24th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. It will be up to you to decide if you want to get your gift sent on time using a cheap shipping option, or wait and then get your gift sent on time using an expensive shipping option.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. Something Awful provides a fancy bookmarking feature just for you! You should use it. Click on your Control Panel link to see your bookmarked threads. Maybe also set up an alarm clock in your calendar app or something? I will send out email-based reminders in mid-to-late December to people who are worrying me with their absence but you should not rely on that. If you are the kind of person who gets excited about things and then blows them off and forgets about them the next day, then this gig is not for you. Don't sign up. It sucks when someone spends money and sends out a gift and then gets nothing in exchange. The Solstice Holidays are supposed to be a time of good cheer and fun, not disappointment and rejection!

You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment. Online retailers have spent millions of dollars carefully refining their Web-based interfaces to make this easier for you. There are always a good number of goons who get their assigned Santee and have a gift purchased and mailed within a day or two; you could be one of them! Also I have timed it so you will get your assignment just in time to take advantage of the Black Friday week sales. Online retailers like Amazon offer all kinds of great discounts during that week, so you can take advantage and get your gift mailed automatically directly to your Santee and have nothing to stress or worry about all December.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. You will get a present no matter what, and the name of the jerk who Grinched you will be forever carved into the grim black stone of the Something Awful Permanent Shitlist of Shame, which looms mountainlike above these proceedings, an ominous reminder of past failures and irredeemable regret.

Well OK, not totally irredeemable. For the first time ever, a previous Shitlist Member has redeemed himself in an admirable way, and is fully eligible to take part once more. But still, seriously don't get yourself on the SAPSoS.

Wait! It's already Thanksgiving Week 2014 that I am just now reading this! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! This year we will again experience the shatteringly-exciting and frantic giftscramble known as the LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS! Beginning November 24th, and continuing until December 14th, we will have a series of extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. It works like this: you use exactly the same process outlined below to sign up. I collect names until either I have at least 8, or, a whole week has passed AND I have at least 3, whichever comes first. So each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins. Of course, as we close in on the Big Day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. Also, since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up. Some goons like to participate in the main round as well as multiple bonus rounds! They are the best goons!

[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679966&pagenumber=4#post438091083]READ THIS POST! LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 HAS BEGUN!!![/b]

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements.

Tell me about that poo poo list of yours. Who is on it?

The General. It's been five years now but he managed to Grinch goons two years in a row. His only excuse was that basically he was too lazy to go buy a thing and mail it. He is not allowed to participate in TGSS.
2011 inductee Arrgytehpirate. This guy never managed to follow instructions, insisting on using PMs isntad of emails. I let that slide but then he too forever to respond. Finally he sent me a photo of a package he was supposedly sending out but it never arrived. Weeks later he supposedly got it returned in the mail but his santee, who had also participated in a lightning round, had received a gift from his other santa so the address was definitely fine. Arrgytehpirate was the epitome of disinterested and disconnected half-assedness. For doing a little less than the bare minimum he is disallowed from participating last year. This year if he wants, he can participate, but in a probationary way where I will cut his poo poo off if I'm not impressed by his reformation into a responsive person who can follow instructions.
NovaLion. NovaLion lives overseas, and is in the military, and signed up knowing he was about to get sent on assignment. He supposedly had his wife send a gift but it never arrived and he was incommunicado for a couple of months. When he finally got back to me, there were excuses about things not having been sent, etc. And his UK-based Santee still didn't get a gift. The end result is that his Santee got Grinched for Christmas, and was strung along until finally getting a gift from a De-grincher... and then from NovaLion in March. It's fine to serve and mistakes can happen, but if you know you're not going to be in town for Christmas, either get your poo poo mailed before you leave, or don't participate in secret santa. NovaLion's stuff eventually arrived, but so late that someone else had to be tapped to send presents. Not OK.
NutritiousSnack. NutritiousSnack doubled down on TGSS last year. His main round Santee finally got his gift on January 13th, and his Bonus Round santee finally got his gift on February 2nd. One major shipping snafu might be an honest mistake; two is a pattern. NutritiousSnack was also difficult to get ahold of, with days or weeks going by between responses. I'm putting him on probation this year. Being multiple months late with your gifts is bad, and being slack about communicating when your stuff has gone missing is worse.

Let us all welcome Flaggy back into the fold. He screwed up a couple years ago, but last year he made a generous donation to charity and demonstrated he has had a genuine change in character and has grown and matured as a person. In the spirit of the holidays, he is officially forgiven and cordially invited to participate.

What about poker?
A little over two years ago, Trad Games absorbed the ailing Poker in the Rear subforum, much as a gelatinous cube might gleefully engulf the still-twitching corpse of a recently-stabbed degenerate gambler tossed into the seedy sewers of some fantasy-version of Atlantic City. We welcome them to the fun of course! Poker is a fun game and I like it a lot. Poker dudes can get like books about poker or fancy decks of cards or maybe you can send them all your FPPs on Stars or whatever. Join us in the fun, PLO addicts!

I came here from the Oath Thread or the Painting Thread or the Warhammer Thread or Whatever and I only want Miniatures stuff!
OK. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. We Trad Games goons are pretty good at figuring out the difference between a Necron and a Trollblood. If you want desert-themed terrain or some P3 paints or whatever, just be specific! There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some other $30 Thing. That's not such a big deal.

What about Mafia?
I don't know what the gently caress about Mafia, to be honest. You people are weirdos. You're still welcome to participate, though!

What if I never post in Trad Games?
:frogout:

No, actually, you're welcome too. If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible. Welcome to the club!

If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy. Send me an email before signing up.

OK enough already, now tell me how to do it!
That's also not phrased as a question, but that's OK it's the holidays we can be charitable. Here is what you need to do.

:frogsiren:HOW TO PARTICIPATE:frogsiren:

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:

• Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the 5th edition D&D Players Handbook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “I have every D&D book please don't send more” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like; the more specific you are, the less likely that you will get something that is a surprise. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. But more probably, something you already own.
  • Your General Location. You'll be telling me your address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia”, however specific or general you feel like being.
  • Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

In 2011 I also had people sign up to be de-grinchers. But with over 60 participants, and only one person getting semi-grinched, it was excessive. So, as I did for the last two years, if someone gets grinched this year I'll just ask for volunteers at that point. Notably, nobody got fully grinched in the 2012 thread, and last year, there was only one de-grinching.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
  • “Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line so I can be sure you're not a computer program trying to sell penis pills.
  • Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. This is important because someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “DongGobbler” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
  • Your Something Awful login name. It does me no good at all if wangmaster2000@buttplugs.com e-mails me to say that John Smith lives at 666 Satan Lane in Minneapolis, MN. I need to match your e-mail to a Goonish Identity.
  • Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are on top of the $30 gift guideline. And shipping from the US to any international destination is loving expensive holy poo poo. But! You could avoid some shipping costs for an international Santee by ordering directly from an online retailer in the target country.
  • Anything else. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (generally no more than a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then PM me, send another e-mail, or post in the thread and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Official Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important.

4. Wait until Sunday, November 23rd and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret, magical formula involving dice dipped in mongoose blood, shuffled tarot cards, and an online random number generator programmed by an insane Russian who later disappeared under suspicious circumstances. It's also the beginning of a holiday week for most goons in the US, and also various holiday promotions have usually gotten going by then so maybe you can get an online discount. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Probably you should also delete it from your email repository after you've sent your gift so that it doesn't get out there if you're hacked or something. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on his or her greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$30. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend a bit less than that if you are poverty-stricken, and/or you have the perfect thing which costs $28.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards. The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to confirm that your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.

Also, we may have Santees under the legal age for drinking, or who don't drink, so you must check with me before sending alcoholic beverages to your Santee.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness. That last bit is really the critical part here.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and ebook versions of gaming products are very hit-or-miss, and so are POD services. Some of us love them, some of us hate them. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing.

If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the veneer of anonymity, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. Volumes rise every day as you get closer to the 25th. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Online retailers may also run out of stock. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that may mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! I mean it. EVERY YEAR I have a handful of goons who wait till a week before xmas and then complain about the cost, or – worse – simply don't pay for expedited shipping and their Santee doesn't get their gift until after Christmas Eve.
If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped. Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please use it. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN MONDAY, DECEMBER 24th 2014. If you have some pathetic excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks.

If your only excuse is “I am lazy and didn't get around to it” then you are an rear end in a top hat who should never have signed up.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred Official Holiday Date and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can confirm they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Photos are the best but even if you don't have a camera (and seriously who doesn't have a camera these days?) at least describe what you got. You should also say thank you and describe your joy.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $30 thing that you don't especially love: unless you specifically said “I hate anime” you can't really complain that you got some animes. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are always last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on.

In 2011 I had people sign up for de-grinching in advance, but that turned out to be at least 50% of everyone and we only needed 1. In 2012, a goon and I bonus-gifted someone whose gift got destroyed in shipping (nobody's fault, but it wasn't replacable). Last year, we de-grinched someone whose gift wound up arriving super super late and the Santa was out of contact. Basically I don't want to keep track of 60+ de-Grinchers in advance, so we just play it loose and it will work out.

New Thing! TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yoursef from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not affiliated or associated with Something Awful LLC, Rich “Lowtax” Kyanka, or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, peasants, or holdings. This event is in no way endorsed or supported by any of the above. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither Something Awful, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any action taken by Something Awful or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that Something Awful is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past.

I personally promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. However, participation requires that I send your personal information to another goon, and I cannot directly promise that that goon will do the right thing and keep your info private. Obviously anyone who shares your private info is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then he goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever. But you must not hold me or Something Awful or any of it's affiliates, sponsors, indentured servants, etc. etc. responsible if that happens. It'll be between you and the rear end in a top hat, basically.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When you are shopping for TGSS gifts, please consider the companies who have provided prize support for the Trad Games Oath thread.
They're listed on the TG Oath Thread wiki, here. Most of these companies have provided support for two or more years now.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 14, 2014

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Ground floor signup.

Gift Preferences: I'll take anything, but I have a shellfish allergy, so if you send me shrimp, crabs, clams, and so on, I will give them to my family to eat instead.

General Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA. I know where Leperflesh lives!

Solemn Vow: I promise to not be a shitheel, and also to pony up the goods. Also, to post when needed by the ancient bylaws of TG Secret Santa.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I'm in! I really enjoyed last year: it was fun picking out gifts and the dude who sent me stuff was seriously cool. I'll edit proper information and email when I've got time later!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Yessss! :dance:

Gift Preferences: I would prefer physical RPGs, but I don't mind if a physical copy of an RPG also comes with a digital version. I love 13th Age, and I only have the core book, so any of the other books (such as the Beastiary or 13 True Ways) would be appreciated! I've also dove into Cthulhu RPGs as of late, and I have the Call of Cthulhu 5.5 core book, Trail of Cthulhu core book, d20 Call of Cthulhu, the Trail of Cthulhu Bundle of Holding bundle, the CoC supplement Mansions of Madness, and the CoC supplement Cthulhu: Dark Ages. If you're into Cthulhu RPGs, and you think there's something missing from that list, feel free to send that! I'm also a dice whore, so a neat, new dice bag would be great. :)

In terms of trad games, I discovered Ascension this past calendar year, and my husband and I have really been digging it! Currently I only have Storm of Souls and Darkness Unleased, if my Santa decides to go that route and pick up a new Ascension set for me. Any of the expansions for 7 Wonders or the expansion for Lords of Waterdeep (Scoundrels of Skullport) would also be welcome! I think this should be a working link to the boardgames I currently own. If there's a game you love and feel no one should be without, unless it's on my "please don't send" list, feel free to send it! Last year my Santa sent a game we had never heard of, but we've since had a lot of fun playing!

Really, I'm open to new things, so if there's something (and that could be a game, RPG, or something else entirely) you think would be awesome, go ahead and go with your gut! In terms of random interests, I like cats, the color green, Nintendo, cooking, comics, weird westerns (like The Sixth Gun), and reading. I have a degree in anatomy, so anatomical things are always fun as well.

Please do not send: any anime, Munchkin, Fluxx, 4e D&D (I have pretty much everything I want), rat poison, dongs, bug-filled anything, and Cthulhutech.

General Location: The Jewel of the Great Plains: BRASKIE (Go 'Skers?)

Solemn Vow: I hereby solemnly swear I am up to no good. I will abide by the bylaws of the thread, despite having no idea what a bylaw is.

Niemat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 23, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will crawl out into the light for a little bit here. hi people.

my demands suggestions
i like storygames and elegantly designed boardgames. a nice dicebag would be cool. weird things are cool. if i get a great big dildo in the mail i will laugh pretty hard. i am a massive game hipster though so in general stuff from big properties like dnd or shadowrun or warhammer or whatever (actually just big nerd property things in general really. i am a fake nerd boy) aren't going to see any use from me sorry :shobon:

i live in
portland, oregon, land of the hipsters

i promise to follow all the rules, regs, etc
i'm a cool decent person and i want to make somebody happy. maybe it will be you :unsmith:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 9, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dear Secret Santa, please send me something lovely for Christmas!

Gift Preferences: No anime please. PDFs are OK but I prefer printed stuff. I like RPGs but have not been playing them in the past few years, and I have Fate Accelerated which is probably what I'd play if I decided to play another RPG.

Lately I have been playing lots of boardgames. My brother and I have been enjoying the base Lord of the Rings LCG, but we have no expansion packs for it, so one of those would be cool. My game group also just got into Thunderstone Advance, but I have no expansions for that either. Other games are cool too! I have updated my boardgamegeek profile: here is a complete list of what I've got right now. If it's not on that list, it's probably safe to buy. I love co-op games and games that work well with two, four, or four+ players (or any combination of those). I also like computer games (pc/steam), nerdy toys, food, drink, books, artwork, and other fun stuff.

I do the miniature hobby, but I have literally hundreds of unpainted minis with literally hundreds more coming, so I don't really need any more of those unless they're cool and I am more than set in terms of paint, brushes, supplies, etc.

I like surprises.

General Location: San Francisco Bay Area. Fax knows where I live :ohdear:

Solemn Vow: I will not gently caress this up. You can count on it!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 9, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gift Preferences: I'm reeeeeally into Star Wars X-Wing minis and wouldn't mind getting more ship! Keep in mind that if you are going to get a ship though, I have most of everything and ideally I'd like only the following: TIE Phantom, TIE Fighter, E-Wing, Firespray or another Core Box (I've bought the VT-49 and YT-2400 so don't get me those). I'd also be interested in stuff that I can use in X-wing, accessories/templates/terrain/storage solutions etc would be neat! I also love the TIE Avenger and Assault Gunboat!

Apart from that, I'm into board games: you can find my Collection: there's a couple of things I'd like there but overall I have everything I want, so I would suggest asking before buying.

As per my own tradition, I'm gonna ask for some cooking books! I got some great baking books last year which I made good use of! This year I'd like to see some interesting and unusual cooking books Already got one this years thanks :)

I'm not really interested in miniature wargames (apart from X-Wing), RPGs or CCG-type games, sorry!

Addendum: I also just got into Age of Rebellion (got the core book) so dice/other stuff for the SW RPG system would be nice!

General Location: UK

Solemn Vow: Been sending gifts for 3 years straight, not gonna stop now!

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 1, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
:dance: So excited!

Gift Preferences: I'd prefer physical games or books. GM tools are good too! I have some Blue Dungeon Tiles, but that's about it, and I'm usually the one GM'ing. Please don't send me any more PDFs, I have too many by now, so they're getting a bit hard to keep track of! You can see my wishlist at CoolStuffInc.com here and my DriveThruRPG.com wishlist here for some ideas of what I like, but honestly my favorite stuff I received last year were things not even on my radar, so if you think of something you think is awesome that I haven't listed, feel free to send it my way because I'll probably think it's awesome too!

Pastebin of stuff I own!

I'd prefer not to get minis, I think. I like the idea of mini-based wargames, but I'm never going to have the time to put them together or paint them, so they'll sadly just sit there, unused.

Solemn Vow: This'll be my second time doing the TGSS. Last year I ordered my santee's gift on Black Friday and had it sent out quickly, and also participated in a lightning round. I promise that I'll have awesome gifts for my santee(s) this year!

Spincut fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 12, 2014

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Gift Preferences:
Updated for Possible Lightning Round

I'm on a roll with Star Wars gifts, and pretty happy with the Episode VII trailer. Let's keep going with that theme!

The Star Wars LCG- I've always been meaning to pick it up but keep putting it off!

X-Wing- I currently have the Core Set, X Wing, TIE Fighter, and Imperial Aces. More ships are always welcome!

Star Wars RPG- Adventures or Sourcebooks! I don't have Jewel of Yavin, Beyond the Rim, Enter the Unknown, Dangerous Covenants, or Far Horizons.

General Location: Nevada

Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow to not be a grinch. I've already sent out gifts to both my main round santees!

Gravy Train Robber fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 4, 2014

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Uh, well, why not? Having someone mail me random crap sounds fun, and I wouldn't mind buying a thing for a person.

Gift Preferences: I'm badly allergic to peanuts and almonds. Please don't send me those things, because I will die. :ohdear: I like tea, though! Aside from that, I've got a shelf full of RPGs I haven't played, so unless you've found the best storygame ever, it might not see a whole lot of actual use. Un-skeevy anime merch, boardgames and card games are cool, and I'm sort of interested in getting into pre-Napoleonic historical miniatures gaming.

General Location: Finland, the land of Santa.

Solemn Vow: I hereby swear to re-read the OP and do everything it tells me, and also not be a big jerk.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 8, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sign me up.

Gift Preferences: Avoid anime, anything where I have to paint miniatures, and D&D 5th edition. What I'd really like is old, obscure, out-of-print RPG stuff because I'm a total hipster, but I'm cool with pretty much anything - it doesn't even need to be gaming stuff if it's cool and interesting.

Vow: I will do what needs to be done.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Here we go.

Gift Preferences: I would prefer physical RPGs. I don't even mind weird, old curiosities, or print-on-demand. Straight fiction, like novels, is also good. Non-fiction is also fine, but please no Encarta '96 CDs. Really good or really awful movies are fine, too. If it's going to be anime, please keep in mind that Cowboy Bebop is great, Gurren Lagann is only okay, and Kill La Kill is unfunny and creepy. Please don't send me D&D stuff or anything involving the popular fantasy game by White Wolf for which I am cleverly skirting a toxx here in anticipation of filthy Santabux.

General Location: I am currently installed in the United States Midwest.

Solemn Vow: I swear to fulfill my duties with faithfulness, alacrity, and possibly some amount of cheer. If you, [insert impending Santee's name here], like joke gifts, please be advised that the last guy got a puppy binder full of printed-off pages from FATAL.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I’m in.

Gift Preferences: I like story games and weird/obscure TRPGs. I also like things with giant robots, be they RPGs, card games, or plastic models (yeah, I’m a Gundam/gunpla nerd); PC games, nerd toys, straight fiction, cookbooks, and booze. Been playing a lot of Arkham Horror/Elder Sign/Tsuro with my wife, 2 player board/card games with low barriers to entry (or Cthulhu) would be cool. Used to be a big Netrunner fan but haven't had a chance to check out the new edition yet. Ilike PDFs & other electronic stuff as I have an itty-bitty living space and lots of digital storage space.

Please don’t send minis (even of giant robots), D&D/Pathfinder/trad fantasy stuff, FATAL (I’ve read both editions), or anything involving the old/new World of Darkness. I’m also not much of a fan of animes that don’t have giant robots, but I can be convinced if they’re not skeevy.

General Location: Scotland

Solemn Vow: Aye, nae danger.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 24, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dear Secret Santa:

My name is Evil Mastermind and I have been a good nice okay boy this year.

Gift Preferences: I love weird and/or obscure RPGs. This is a list of every physical RPG and board game I own if you want to make sure. I'd also be interested in board games I can play solo because my realspace friends don't like playing board games. I'd also be okay with nerd-related apartment decoration things. I don't drink, so no alcohol please. Also no 5e.

If you can get me a copy of the original World of Synnabar, I will love you forever. Platonically or not, your choice.

General Location: Rhode Island, USA

Solemn Vow: I will not grinch, or else I will get my goohulgug head kicked in.

e: no dongs please

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 23, 2014

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Yeeessssss!!

Gift Preferences: I prefer physical gifts because I don't really get any packages for the holidays and I really like having something to open up. I'm into fantasy (high, low, and urban) and I play games like Mage:TAw, Shadowrun, 13th Age, and MTG, and the only anime I like is Sailor Moon, so aesthetically I like stuff that falls in line with those games and genres especially if it leans to the feminine. As far as books go, I don't play much face to face and I vastly prefer PDFs when I do, so game books are kind of lost on me unless it's very pretty. I am also drowning in both Magic cards and dice and would prefer not receiving boosters or giant bags o' dice.

Other interesting or useful accessories for playing games would be great. Things for making art or pieces of art to appreciate/hang up would be nice: brushes, acrylic paints, chalks, pencils, pens, stuff like that. I could use a dorky t-shirt or a hoodie or a bag or some other neat thing to wear/carry around. I also have a cat and would not mind having something to share with him too.

General Location: Portland OR (not a hipster tho seriously)

SOMEONE IS GETTING CORNDOGS FOR XMAS*

*note: not actual corndogs

Reene fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 19, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
If you grinch I'm coming for you. :getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Everyone who signed up with an email should now have a response!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Hello! I am neongrey, and I like santa.

Gift preferences: I have specific things I want this year! Dear Santa, you are a great Santa if you send me, for example, 13 True Ways or the 13th Age Bestiary. Other than that, my taste in RPGs is largely in the realm of "would have been considered heavy on the roleplay in the 1980s", which is a particular breed of groggery, I am aware. Call of Cthulhu, say, is just about my favourite game. If it is obscure, antique, uses percentile rolls*, or has lots of tables, I probably will be very happy to see it.

*(I already got Eclipse Phase in a prior secret santa though, and that is too big a book to own two of)

I am also kinda liking Pathfinder a bit lately, stuff from that might be okay, I don't have much. I'd also take a physical copy of Monsterhearts and be pretty happy. L5R stuff is cool too.

Dongs are fine.

Things neon does not want: electronic-only gifts (a book and a PDF is wonderful! a PDF alone makes me sad). FATE in any form at all. Any non-MH game based on any *World engine.

General location: Canadia

The usual: You will get your present.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 9, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Once more do I enter into the sacred covenant of holiday mirth, heart filled with the spirit of giving (otherwise known as spiced rum). My santee really liked what I picked out for him last year (though he never did get around to posting pics), so hopefully I can make someone happy this year, too. Also the gift I got was kickass, but I find that I enjoy the giving more than the getting, which is weird because I'm, like, crazy self-centered most of the time.

Gift Preferences: I own pretty much every RPG (worth owning*) under the sun, including several that haven't yet been made, thanks to Kickstarter, so sending me an RPG is probably something to at least run by Leperflesh to make sure I don't already have it because the answer is probably "yes". However, I suffer from a criminal lack of dice, and have no pouches in which to hold large volumes of dice. I also got into this obscure card game called "Magic: The Gathering" recently, so a new deck of that would be pretty neat** (I'm not really the collector type, so booster packs wouldn't do much for me). Handmade stuff is also cool, as are fancy decks of playing cards. I'm not into miniatures, though, and I would like to keep things tradgames-y. Really, anything related to things you play on a table that's not a thing I don't want will be pretty cool, I don't want to pin anyone down and ruin the surprise for myself, but I remember this one time when I was a kid I got a Christmas gift I honestly didn't care for and I felt terrible for not liking it so I want to define my likes/dislikes as clearly as I can because I want to warm my Santa's heart with my genuine gratitude. No dongs, consumables, or digital, please, I want to be able to show off my gift as evidence that I have friends.***

General Location: That one state that's never on the news for positive reasons (the one with the sheriff), United States

Solemn Vow: I hereby swear upon the name of the noble Christmas Overlords that I shall provide a gift to the person whose name is provided to me. This gift shall not be of a cost less than thirty American dollars, prior to application of shipping, but after application of sale prices, such that if all items are fifty percent off, an item or items normally costing at least sixty dollars shall be purchased.

*Also several that are not.
**For other Wizard Poker enthusiasts for whom this may be useful info should one of them draw my name, the decks I already have are Heroes vs. Monsters, Speed vs. Cunning, Wrath of the Mortals, and Conquering Hordes. My favorite MTG color is White, based on what I've learned of the game so far.
***That is a joke. Mostly.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 23, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm in this year!

Gift Preferences: I will accept RPG books, board games (especially any good Carcassonne expansions that aren't in Big Box 4), and other tabletop games that are cool/obscure/interesting. Things I can take to my board game night will see more use (pretty much anything that isn't too crunchy). I'll gladly accept anime if it's not skeevy, same for anime merch (especially Danganronpa). I also like cool dice/cards/dice bags. Don't worry about whether or not I have something - I don't have physical copies of much at the moment, so if it's not listed below I don't have it. Speaking of:

Please don't send: Minis, D&D stuff, horror, Fate, *World, Cards Against Humanity, Magic, the Complete Book Of Elves, K-On!, digital stuff (I have plenty), food/drink, or dongs.

General Location: Australia.

Solemn Vow: How can I ban grinchers if I grinch someone? :getin:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
IN.

Gift Preferences: Boardgames are my first love, but those tend to be expensive. Card games are great, but I'm not into anything collectible or living (so no MtG or Netrunner) and also I already own most of the basic stuff (Coup, Love Letter, etc). RPG books are nice, but please nothing related to Dungeons and Dragons. Anything you make yourself will be lovingly displayed in my home.

Things I Don't Want: Fluxx, Cards Against Humanity, Dungeons and Dragons stuff (this extends to Pathfinder), things that are bad. :siren: I WORK FOR THE LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD SO IF YOU SEND ME ALCOHOL I WILL BE FIRED :siren:

General Location: Philadelphia

Solemn Vow To Not Be A Shitheel: I promise to not be a shitheel.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 11, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Gift Preferences: I'm pretty open. However, I really like robots (no non-G Gundams though), edged weapons, pretty art, and cool RPG accessories.

Things I Don't Want: I don't really need more actual RPGs or board games right now. Nothing fragile or damageable- I may have to move soon.

General Location: Atlanta

Solemn Vow To Not Be A Shitheel: I promise on my faith that I will in the future be faithful to the lord Secret Santa, never cause him harm and will observe my homage to him completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 9, 2014

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Woo! Gifts from strangers! :rock:

Gift preferences: RPG books and board games are great. I have most of the biggies already (except 5e D&D 'cause Mearls), so I'd be down for more obscure/indie/storygames stuff. I have Fate (and most of the major Fate spinoffs like Diaspora and Atomic Robo), Fiasco, and Dungeon World. I'm not easily offended, so :dong:s are fine. Interesting/unique dice/cards/accessories are fine, too. Physical is preferred but I'm OK with PDFs. Not particularly interested in miniatures. I also have way more Pathfinder stuff than I'm comfortable admitting in mixed company.

General location: Maryland, USA :patriot:

Solemn vow: By the glossy beard of Moradin, I shall not grinch!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Gift Preferences: I am pretty open to whatever, if you have a neat holiday gift in mind. Getting gifts is fun!

Specifically though, I've been looking for a nice set of dice for playing tabletop rpgs with. I'm interested in getting more rules-light RPGs as well. Dungeon World, Inverse World, or any other easy-setup, story-gamey thing you think is cool. Same goes for any board games or card games; simple and fun is good!

General Location: Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow to Not Be a Shitheel: I've sent poo poo internationally before for a Secret Santa, and I won't gently caress up my record of being a good Kringle now.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I, too, am in.

Things I Like: I only really like Sci-fi stuff, especially Alien things - books even more so - I have the Colonial Marines Technical Manual, and Labyrinth, and something about a guy called Shitkicker, tend to prefer books with words over graphic novels, though the Illustrated Story looks neat. That's kind of pushing the trad games part but I guess they have a game out now so uh I guess I can squeeze that in. Pretty much anything Alien-related will make me do a little jump (I got the patches from the terrible A:CM game and did a little jump for those, so it really doesn't take much).

The X-Wing game looks cool I have the core X-wing box, and I have fallen horribly behind on Netrunner packs (I have 1 core, Creation & Control, all of Genesis, and all but Double Time from of Spin). Netrunner tokens, and unusual/interesting tournament/in-store stuff would be well-received also (my FLGS-lite moved to a larger location with tables and promptly closed down - no local games for miiiiiiiiles around).

I could also use playmats for Netrunner/Blood Bowl, some paints from a paintmaker you like to help me take care of the 3ED Space Hulk, and if you want to go digital, Island of the Lizard King / The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (not out yet) / House Of Hell for Android would also be rad - they break my sci-fi only rule because they're the first TG-type things I really got in to. If you know of something similar with a dark sci-fi bent you might just be the greatest Santa of all time. If you make a thing I will love it and put it somewhere that will annoy my children and intrigue my pets. If you send me a single malt I will love that and my children and pets will not even be aware of its existence.

Oh yeah, sharks. Sharks are awesome. I love sharks and anything shark-themed.

Lastly, if you find something you think I'd like, but it's too expensive, please let me know about it! I don't stumble across neat things by accident, like, ever, so a good recommendation would be really sweet to have :3:

Things I Don't Want: Fantasy things, minis (I am backlogged in my backlog), animes, anything high in sugar, dongs (yet another backlog), RPG stuff, Star Wars, Dirty Sex Things, a console filled with dead or live biological matter, things that are not good. I know some of what is here contradicts what is in the "things I like" list - that list trumps this one, if that makes sense. If not, it still does, but it's harder to understand.

General Location: Midwest, USA

Solemn Vow: I will do the needful. I even managed to do it a couple times last year and everyone lived, so that's a solid gold guarantee right there.

this time I will even remember to send an email right now

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 3, 2014

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It's the most wonderful time of the year. :allears:

Gift Preferences: I'm always looking for things to rope my friends into. Single shot RPGs, board games or card games, pretty much anything I can sit someone down with and burn an afternoon would be good. I already own Battlecon, Netrunner, a shitload of Magic cards and a whole loving ton of RPGs, so anything longer form I either already have, have backed, or don't want.

Caveat: I loving hate Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity and the rest of that ilk. Sorry, I'm hard to shop for.

As an alternate, I love art books from vidya games, animated movies or shows. If you or someone you know is a dab hand with a pencil, I also love getting pictures of my dumb PbP characters.

As a final substitution, I am of legal drinking age in the US, and have no food allergies apart from beef, for some drat reason.

General Location: Georgia, USA

Solemn Vow: Last year, right as we were getting our Secret Santa assignments, my car was nearly totaled in a traffic accident on the way back from a costly dentist visit, I had to buy a shitload of gifts for my friends and family, and I had just had a major outlay of money to start up a side business. In spite of my money catching on fire, I got my gifts to my santee ahead of schedule.

As I am both not a shitheel nor do I anticipate Walletgeddon striking me a second time, I can say with certainty I will not grinch this year.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
This is my first year participating in this particular Secret Santa. I am excited as I am finally in a position to really start giving.

My Gift Preferences.

I am a fan of the little guy. As such, I usually like strange and wonderful games that people don't usually know unless you're some sort of designer. I suppose the easiest way to describe my taste is through this geeklist on bgg. Here is a list of games I currently own. Sadly, when I moved last year I got rid of too much!

I also enjoy kitting out games with custom counters (e.g. Netrunner custom tokens from The Broken Egg that I own), custom pieces (e.g. Nexus Ops 3d Printed Monolith that I wish I could own), or custom game boxes.

I have a copy of Super Dungeon Explore that I haven't put together yet. My dream for this copy of this game is to get back into painting miniatures. I do not own anything in the way of miniature paining anymore so I am interested in that quite a bit.

Please Don't Send
Games on the BGG Hotlist. I own too many of these and everyone else I might play games with does too. If you must, a used but loved copy of Battlestar Galactica might be nice...

Your General Location.
Sadly, I live in State College, PA. This town has no FLGS to speak of and even fewer chances to see a good game store unless I head 45 minutes or 2 hours away.

A Solem Vow
I Vow Solemly that I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present. Further, I will tell everyone what I got and who sent it to me (if they say).

PuttyKnife fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 9, 2014

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Yaay santa thread! It is always a good time.

Gift Preferences: I love RPG stuff though I already have a lot of the currently cool stuff like Dungeon World and Fate. I don't have a physical copy of Monsterhearts or Double Cross, and those are the sorts of things I like--settings outside the usual or systems that support their fiction in an interesting way. Supplements for nWoD Demon in physical form. Monster manuals or their equivalent in any system are also okay--I actually don't own many of these outside 13th Age and Numenera. I also like non-fiction as I am a nerd for history and science and other esoteric things, though I am a layman in those fields so not too technical. Board and card games that are easy and quick are also good.

My Steam wishlist is here. In general I like things that are creative and cool, even if a little flawed. I prefer physical things despite crowded living space, but digitals are also okay.

Please no alcohols, animes, minis or fiction books.

I have already received Resistance and Stephen Hawking this year!

Solemn Vow: I solemnly swear that grinches get stitches.

occamsnailfile fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 4, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I love this time of the year. Also, presents! Both giving and receiving.

Gift Preferences: No Magic cards or anything else that is a collectible card game. Preferably, I would like to stay within Sci-fi, but no X-Wing mini's because I have all of them already. To be honest, I've been getting into wargaming recently so I guess I would recommend: Modern military wargames, WW2 games of any sort, living card games, maybe even a weird or creative RPG?

Last year someone got me Star Trek Attack Wing, which was quite fun and awesome! Loved it. It's just too bad people around here stopped playing it.

General Location:The coastal reason of South Carolina.

Solemn Vow:I vow to delight the person who I am assigned to. It is my solemn duty to make sure that they have at least one good secret santa interaction this year, and do not receive a single booster pack for M:tG unless that's what they REALLY want.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
TGSS is the best SS

Gift Preferences: D&D 5th edition core book, self contained RPGs, Miniatures, steam games. Board and card games are ok; but I'd prefer something different this year. Since it is 100 years since the start of WWI and I am a big WWI nerd things related to that would be cool too.

Please don't get me : I have enough Munchkin sets and Last year I got Star Trek attack wing and Netrunner. My Santa will be provided a list of stuff I already have.

General Location: New Zealand (I can provide options for local or free international shipping if you get stuck).

Solemn Vow: Although I'll have cut down on the exotic meats and exquisite liquors; I will not Grinch my Santee. Although they might get 1000's of dong.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 10, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I've caught up with the thread!

K Prime, you posted, but I haven't received an email from you.

Kellsterik, you sent an email, but you haven't posted!

The Supreme Court and Niemat, you both posted placeholder "maybes" and I just wanted you to know that's fine, I have you listed as tentative participants in the Spreadsheet of Cheer, and you can just post and send an email whenever you make up your minds. :)

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Awww Yisssss TGSS! :dance:

Gift Preferences Board, card, and video games. I own a ton, so same as last year I'll link my CSI wishlist: Wishlist. I would also love something handmade, bad christmas music, or something weird. (No dongs)

Please don't send: Anime, war games, or minis.

General Location Los Angeles county, California.

Solemn Vow I will fulfill the financial obligation I'm promising to, and I hope they like it. :ohdear:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gift Preferences: I'd really like some board games of the non-Milton-Bradley variety. Anything that can be played with 2-3 people especially, I've heard good things about the Arkham Horror stuff. Book wise, maybe some NWOD Demon or more recent would be cool. Otherwise I love stuffed animals so like, video game or trad game plushies or figures I can put on a shelf would be nice.

No movies, no video games, no animes, no dice, no DND/DND-a-likes. Oh and no Cards Against Humanity, I love them but we own them all. I'm a big fan of FATE and of Dresden Files (books and RPG) but I own the hardbacks for that stuff already so any present would have to be something indirectly related.

Location: I'm in Arizona! I take a walk in shorts and flip flops every Christmas because I can.

Your Solemn Vow: I do so solemnly swear to send my gift on time and post when I have sent and received my gift with lots of pictures. First time actually participating and I want to do this right. :D

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I've caught up with the thread!

K Prime, you posted, but I haven't received an email from you.

Kellsterik, you sent an email, but you haven't posted!

The Supreme Court and Niemat, you both posted placeholder "maybes" and I just wanted you to know that's fine, I have you listed as tentative participants in the Spreadsheet of Cheer, and you can just post and send an email whenever you make up your minds. :)

Put me down as a maybe too. I haven't quite worked out whether I'll have my poo poo together by the end of the month. It's a busy month.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Beaten to the post!

Gift Preferences: In terms of tradgames: I most like RPGs, have had fun playing with skirmish-level wargames (especially historicals like Ronin) that don't require many minis, don't care for cards or board games (but maybe I just haven't played the right one and you know one i'd love?). I tend to like games that encourage taking notes, drawing maps, sketching characters and generally DIY/using ~imagination~. I also like books that I can pore over and enjoy even without playing the game itself, with interesting settings and evocative "powers" and not-boring fiction. I have a solid core group that can't meet in person very often, and i'm also trying to recruit non-gaming friends to my coven, so i've been interested in an accessible, stylish game that I can easily sell people on as an entry, OR something that would work well using like Roll20.

I'm also very open to other interesting things and surprises, although i'd prefer to get at least one tradgames-related gift even if it's just a side dish! One of my favorite things I ever got from TGSS was a thumb drive mixtape of music thematically related to the other gifts. Throwing out some keywords, i'm into: Guy Gavriel Kay (using real history as inspiration for gaming is my jam), Umberto Eco, Tim Powers, David Lynch, Jin Yong/Louis Cha, Takashi Miike, Planescape, Powered by the Apocalypse games (would love to get my hands on Urban Shadows if at all possible, Inverse World has also been on my mind), and on a less (or differently) nerdy note, religions of the world from either an academic-historical or insider perspective.

General Location: Amber Waves of Grain, America

Solemn Vow: I vow that I will stuff my santee's stocking (FIGURATIVE) promptly and delightfully. Believe it!

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 24, 2014

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Your Gift Preferences. Humm, This year I'd really love for my Santa to go wild and get me something which they'd personally enjoy, and would like to share with someone else. It could be a book, board-game, RPG, Bavarian cheese or something entirely out of left-field.
[In case you think this is a little weird/unfair I'll send some ideas to Leperflesh - or check my posts from last year if you have archives!]
Oh, and I'm gay, vegetarian and very middle class if that gives you an impression of what I may enjoy! I will be having it sent to my office, so safe for work though!

Your General Location. London, UK. I'm happy to ship anywhere which has an Amazon (BTW Santee - your present is likely to come from Amazon!)

Solemn Vow I've been a secret Santa for the past two years, and my gifts were (for the most part!) well received. I was a bit rubbish and didn't post a picture of my gift - sorry Santa! I'll try to do better this year.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gift Preferences:No anime, and no purely digital gifts. I like physical things. Otherwise, surprise me! Games, scifi and fantasy books, and food have done well in the past!

General Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Solemn Vow: I promise to be an amazing Santa.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've caught up with posters again. We have about thirty participants already! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Unfortunately I'm too broke and the things I want are too expensive to dump on someone else. Hope everybody gets something awesome. Remember to post pictures of your haul!

• Locked thread