Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pchooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Chekans 3 16 posted:

My Santee's present is ordered and on its way! :dance:

Likewise! I always have the most fun writing terrible terrible messages, so sorry in advance, Santee - hope the loot makes up for it :v:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My gifts are on their way! :)

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
Gifts have been ordered!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Vampire! Vampire! Vampire!

Incoming gift for my Santee.

Lets see what the Postal service can do shall we. The race is on to see who gets the first DELIVERED gift!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'll do my best to get my gift in the vacuum tube this week.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Gift selected aaand sent :toot:

(... also finally put a pastebin of stuff I own)

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

The race is on to see who gets the first DELIVERED gift!

Come on Great Britain! We're the smallest, most densely populated nation[*] - we can do this!

[*] Of the four nations mentioned in the OP (i.e. USA, Canada, Australia, UK)

NeoAnjou fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 24, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

NeoAnjou posted:

Come on Great Britain! We're the smallest, most densely populated nation[*] - we can do this!

But we have the Royal Mail :britain:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BOX SENT.

Box may or may not contain Christmas cheer.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

NeoAnjou posted:

I could literally drive to the person that I have as a santee.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sion posted:

I could literally drive to the person that I have as a santee.

You know what you must do.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I have no idea how you guys have decided quite so quickly. I'm paralysed by this decision! There are too many choices!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

You know what you must do.

Not that, specifically.

Not to be Debbie Downer but: stockings are OK, stalkings are not OK. Ho ho ho.

The Supreme Court posted:

I have no idea how you guys have decided quite so quickly. I'm paralysed by this decision! There are too many choices!
Hahaha username/post combo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids now it's time for
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 24th), and continuing until December 18th, we will have a series of extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need that email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 18th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's particularly hard to ensure you don't have to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country, I will contact you to check if you'd rather sit out to the next round.

It's much better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to get your gift delivered in time for Christmas. This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Sign me up, coach! THIS is my original post with wants, location, etc.

I'll shoot off an email now.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Hello, I'm Jedi425, and I'm late this year so I guess I'm in BONUS ROUND 1!

Gift Preferences: Man, I don't know. I don't get to play paper games anywhere near as much any more. Board Games that me and the wife could play would be great, actually. Netrunner cards other than the base set or What Lies Ahead, maybe? In a pinch, my Steam name is also Jedi425, you can buy me a game or something.

Do Not Get Me: Dongs, anime (got enough, thanks), novels (odds are good I already have it), Catan, the base Dominion game (expansions are a-OK), dice (unless they're completely wacky, like d1000 wacky), WEG Star Wars stuff (have p. much more than I'll ever actually use in a game). I signed up for the CaH random gifts thing again this year, so I probably don't need any CaH sets.

General Location: Republic of Texarkana, Cursed Earth (Texas, USA)

Solemn Vow:

In brightest night, or darkest day,
To be a grinch is not my way,
If I am grinched a second year,
I'll do much worse than this rhyme here! :argh:

(forever death to Angry Weatherman)

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Bonus round me! Here are my demands!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
No lightning round for me, but I've got all my presents bought and will be shipping them out tomorrow! It's gonna be hella good.

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

I pick my stuff up for my Santee tomorrow, should lift their sorrow.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A bonus round? gently caress yeah.

As mentioned way back on the first page:

DigitalRaven posted:

Gift Preferences: I like story games and weird/obscure TRPGs. I also like things with giant robots, be they RPGs, card games, or plastic models (yeah, I’m a Gundam/gunpla nerd); PC games, nerd toys, straight fiction, cookbooks, and booze. Been playing a lot of Arkham Horror/Elder Sign/Tsuro with my wife, 2 player board/card games with low barriers to entry (or Cthulhu) would be cool. Used to be a big Netrunner fan but haven't had a chance to check out the new edition yet. Ilike PDFs & other electronic stuff as I have an itty-bitty living space and lots of digital storage space.

Please don’t send minis (even of giant robots), D&D/Pathfinder/trad fantasy stuff, FATAL (I’ve read both editions), or anything involving the old/new World of Darkness. I’m also not much of a fan of animes that don’t have giant robots, but I can be convinced if they’re not skeevy.

General Location: Scotland

Solemn Vow: Aye, nae danger.

First part of my gift's away. Hoping to get the second part done tomorrow.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Santees received. Presents will go out Dec 1st, when I get paid. :v:

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
First (Little) Part of my gift has been ordered and is being shipped. Second part to follow soon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just got shipping confirmation on my sent gift! I hope my Santee likes it... :ohdear:

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
BONUS ROUND for me, please

IrvingWashington posted:

I, too, am in.

Things I Like: I only really like Sci-fi stuff, especially Alien things - books even more so - I have the Colonial Marines Technical Manual, and Labyrinth, and something about a guy called Shitkicker, tend to prefer books with words over graphic novels, though the Illustrated Story looks neat. That's kind of pushing the trad games part but I guess they have a game out now so uh I guess I can squeeze that in. Pretty much anything Alien-related will make me do a little jump (I got the patches from the terrible A:CM game and did a little jump for those, so it really doesn't take much).

The X-Wing game looks cool I have the core X-wing box, and I have fallen horribly behind on Netrunner packs (I have 1 core, Creation & Control, all of Genesis, and all but Double Time from of Spin). Netrunner tokens, and unusual/interesting tournament/in-store stuff would be well-received also (my FLGS-lite moved to a larger location with tables and promptly closed down - no local games for miiiiiiiiles around).

I could also use playmats for Netrunner/Blood Bowl, some paints from a paintmaker you like to help me take care of the 3ED Space Hulk, and if you want to go digital, Island of the Lizard King / The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (not out yet) / House Of Hell for Android would also be rad - they break my sci-fi only rule because they're the first TG-type things I really got in to. If you know of something similar with a dark sci-fi bent you might just be the greatest Santa of all time. If you make a thing I will love it and put it somewhere that will annoy my children and intrigue my pets. If you send me a single malt I will love that and my children and pets will not even be aware of its existence.

Oh yeah, sharks. Sharks are awesome. I love sharks and anything shark-themed.

Lastly, if you find something you think I'd like, but it's too expensive, please let me know about it! I don't stumble across neat things by accident, like, ever, so a good recommendation would be really sweet to have :3:

Things I Don't Want: Fantasy things, minis (I am backlogged in my backlog), animes, anything high in sugar, dongs (yet another backlog), RPG stuff, Star Wars, Dirty Sex Things, a console filled with dead or live biological matter, things that are not good. I know some of what is here contradicts what is in the "things I like" list - that list trumps this one, if that makes sense. If not, it still does, but it's harder to understand.

General Location: Midwest, USA

Solemn Vow: I will do the needful. I even managed to do it a couple times last year and everyone lived, so that's a solid gold guarantee right there.

this time I will even remember to send an email right now

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, order has been placed. Should arrive soon so I can wrap it nice and pass along to my Santee!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Gift ordered! drat that was tense, first two sites I tied ordering from either wouldn't process the order or wouldn't let me send it to any address but my own!

Hope they like it, I just spent over 2 hours stalking their past posts for gift clues and fighting with order forms! ;)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And gift has been sent.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Just bought my santee's gift at my FLGS! I'm glad I checked there as well as Amazon, you just never know what you'll find when you Buy Local!
/plug

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Two gifts out of three have been dispatched. Waiting on confirmation from Leperflesh on the third. Not sure what order they'll be arriving in, santee, or how soon, so you may have to be patient! Hopefully not, though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Button's been pushed for my santee's gift. Bought online so no fancy gift-wrapping, unfortunately.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
One of the coolest things about this whole thread, in addition to the fun of getting some neat nerd present, is that so many goons are on the ball and get that poo poo ordered and sent asap. What I'm trying to say is, gift ordered and on its way. :)

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Button has been pushed for Santee's gift. It'll take a bit to get there, though...

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Yeah, it's great to see so many of us are onto it. I feel sorry for whoever ended up with me, I don't think I was terribly helpful with my post :shobon:
I'm eager to see what my Santa got for me though

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Part of my gift is being prepared by an online source, still another package to send to make sure something is received by christmas

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Second half of my Santee's gift is away.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
My Santee's gifts have been ordered. In five to ten working days their dreams shall come true.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gifts for my Santee have been ordered, they should ship this week and arrive late this week or early next week

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'll be sending things today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
I hope people don't find this creepy, but I was intrigued so I looked at the info people had publicly posted, and found:

* The most common country of origin is the USA (no surprises there!) where 66% of Santas/Santees live.
* The second most common is the UK, which 20% of us inhabit (this also means the British are 50% more inclined to sign-up per head than Americans).

There are a few more interesting facts, but some I'd like to hold-off mentioning lest they give too much info away ("Humm, there are only 2 participants from the Duchy of Grand Fenwick - I imagine they'll have to gift each other!")

I'm tempted to make a word-cloud out of the 'things I like' sections if people wouldn't mind or think it an imposition.

• Locked thread