Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
my favorite line from Egyptian mythology is from the ancient Pyramid Texts

I am Horus, my father Osiris, who seizes the phallus of Seth for you with his hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

not gonna be impressed until I see a life size blue whale. :colbert:

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
I think they dropped the ball with the blue and gold macaws. This one looks positively sane.

For comparison, a real macaw in a typical daily life situation:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I once worked with a bird breeder and her macaw was the scariest animal I've ever interacted with. And I played with an adolescent cougar.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Do It Once Right posted:

That fact is not fun at all. That's a friggin' weird uncomfortable fact.

Thanks, ancient Egyptians for codifying the meaning of jerboa sex dreams. That was definitely super-important to do and an important part of your historical cultural legacy, what with the frequency of jerboas appearing in sexually charged dreams and all. Definitely resonates through to modern times.

God help us if ancient Egypt had the internet...

That's not even close to the weirdest thing Egyptians wrote about

since the Ancient Greeks onward we thought hieroglyphs held the ancient mystic secrets of the universe, turns out they were about Pharaohs loving their sisters and eating gods' entrails

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Speaking of Egypt!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

i hope someone in tornado country buys that mammoth and i get to watch the havoc on youtube

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

273423-X posted:

That's not even close to the weirdest thing Egyptians wrote about

since the Ancient Greeks onward we thought hieroglyphs held the ancient mystic secrets of the universe, turns out they were about Pharaohs loving their sisters and eating gods' entrails

My nephew is into dinosaurs.
This is a thread about plush animals and I have a new and deep appreciation for his age-appropriate interest in dinosaurs.
What the hell Ancient Egypt?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SplitSoul posted:

i hope someone in tornado country buys that mammoth and i get to watch the havoc on youtube

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

the website doesn't list the prices - i'm guessing because they are ridiculous

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not super ridiculous, a life-size "ride-on" lion is less than a grand. The squirrels and poo poo are like $40.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Pick posted:

they updated some of their dinosaurs for scientific accuracy, lame

Looks like something out of The Dark Crystal. Frank Oz definitely would've voiced it.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
HANSA makes great cuddly toys.

MENSA makes great cuddly mods.

It seems the pieces are falling into place. Am I understanding this correctly?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Do It Once Right posted:

My nephew is into dinosaurs.
This is a thread about plush animals and I have a new and deep appreciation for his age-appropriate interest in dinosaurs.
What the hell Ancient Egypt?

I really like the Natural History Museum plush dinos. I have a Pteranodon and small and medium Utahraptors. The Utahraptor and Velociraptor are fluffy with nice colouration.:3: I enjoy the feathery, fluffy dinos.

For Christmas, you should get him a huggable plush dino and a cool book about prehistoric creatures.:)

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
They don't list prices because they are not available over the internet. Only in select Hanse towns. Might i suggest Kampen?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

In 100 years all the real animals will be dead from human overpopulation and a Hansa plush will be the only way to teach your kid what a lion used to look like :(

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

error1 posted:

In 100 years all the real animals will be dead from human overpopulation and a Hansa plush will be the only way to teach your kid what a lion used to look like :(

Like this

More ridiculous toys for spoiled children:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF3Ysjbtm8c

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NihilismNow posted:

They don't list prices because they are not available over the internet. Only in select Hanse towns. Might i suggest Kampen?

Sure they are, they're on Amazon and Toys R Us's website.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

TunaSpleen posted:

I think they dropped the ball with the blue and gold macaws. This one looks positively sane.

For comparison, a real macaw in a typical daily life situation:

Zoo animals do not count, nor do other animals in captivity. You should know that most of them are insane by the time you see them.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wait, wait, hold up.

I got an issue with this site here.

This is not a dinosaur.

This is also not a dinosaur.

Holy poo poo is this ever not a loving dinosaur.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Nothing but dinosaurs" is a motto that applies to everything, they're saying everything is dinosaurs. You, me, this post, a tree, candles, Red Bull. The list goes on.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Truth: I am a terrible lizard. Not even trying over here.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The toys are made out of acrylic fibres which are a product of hydrocarbons derived from fossil fuels which are made out of actual dead dinosaurs. Everything is dinosaurs!

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
these fuckers don't have a single crustacean on their US website, am i really going to have to turn to aliexpress for my high quality decapod doll needs?

i mean this is exceptional quality for ali/china but still not up to the par of a discerning crayfish enthusiast such as myself, how do i petition them to make something else or maybe it's already there in the same secret stash as the jerboa

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Pffft, this is garbage; where is the immaculately-detailed Volvox algae, or any of the wicked-rad Hydrozoans?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ChickenHeart posted:

Pffft, this is garbage; where is the immaculately-detailed Volvox algae, or any of the wicked-rad Hydrozoans?

Petition them then :colbert:

e: for the Volvox you could just spray paint a tennis ball.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

RandomFerret posted:

Holy poo poo is this ever not a loving dinosaur.

That is awfully cute, though.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
what is it about stuffed animals that gets gbs hard, on that note the hydra was p cool imo, maybe a different color

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I would have loved to have had one of these as a kid

maybe even that hairy turkey monster from page 1

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Pick posted:

well, maybe me, except they say this is extra shipping?? wtf???

How the hell do they ship that?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Zoo animals do not count, nor do other animals in captivity. You should know that most of them are insane by the time you see them.

Nah, poster has it right, macaws are crazy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sono posted:

How the hell do they ship that?

Not sure, but if you figure it out, I have vaulted ceilings, and consider myself a generous lover when it comes to gift givers :stwoon:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
International freight, I'm sure.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

lmbo we sell Hansa where I work, our most expensive item in stock right now is a lifesize grizzly bear for $1600

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

^^^^
as far as you know, has anyone ever bought one?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Doctor Dogballs posted:

^^^^
as far as you know, has anyone ever bought one?

Yeah, we get a lot of rich people come in and buy poo poo for status or something. We sold a couple $800 tigers in the past year. They make small plush too, in the $50-$200 range, those usually sell pretty fast. I haven't seen anything over $1000 go, yet, but I've only been there a year.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
wasn't one of their tigers responsible for people in the UK thinking there was an escaped tiger on the loose and so the cops a poo poo gathered around this field and then were like lol it stuffed ffs

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
pick will you accept this fine specimen as a gift instead? was much cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
can you gently caress them?

• Locked thread