Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindGuy
Feb 27, 2011

The Prophet
Edit: Should be "best Braille d20s on the market, doh!"

Hey All,

I just wanted to mention that the folks over at 64 Ounce Games are open for business. They sell accessibility kits to make a lot of popular tabletop card and board games accessible to the blind. I've got a backer copy of 7 Wonders sitting here next to me, wishing I could find players.

This probably isn't super relevant to most here, but I figured it was worth a shoutout. These kits aren't perfect, still beta quality, but it sure beats manually Brailling the cards by hand. Sighted help is still required to assemble the things, but that's okay.

If you have any blind friends who might be interested in gaming, or even if you just want the novelty of having a Braille d20, these guys are worth your support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

This is very cool. The closest my group comes to needing this is one guy who is red/green colorblind, but I'm really glad there is someone out there trying to address this need.

I attended the Essen Game Fair this year in Germany and I don't think there were any blind attendees that I saw, maybe one out of tens of thousands of people. There were more folks in wheelchairs, although still not up to the numbers required to be representative of society as a whole, I suspect. Moving around in the cities I observed fairly decent support for the blind in terms of audible signal devices and raised ground patterns, but wheelchair access seemed pretty bad compared to the States.

• Locked thread