Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desired AFC and NFC Championship Game participants? (Pick two per conference)
Arizona (NFC)
Baltimore (AFC)
Buffalo (AFC)
Carolina (NFC)
Cincinnati (AFC)
Cleveland (AFC)
Dallas (NFC)
Denver (AFC)
Detroit (NFC)
Green Bay (NFC)
Houston (AFC)
Indianapolis (AFC)
Kansas City (AFC)
Miami (AFC)
Minnesota (NFC)
New England (AFC)
New Orleans (NFC)
Philadelphia (NFC)
Pittsburgh (AFC)
San Diego (AFC)
San Francisco (NFC)
Seattle (NFC)
View Results

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

spencer for hire posted:

So what's the best hope for the niners to make it to the playoffs? It looks like division is possible if ARI drops every game but SEA and that's the only game SEA wins from here out. Seems unlikely.
Is it possible to get a wildcard spot at 10-6 or do the niners need to win out for any chance?

cards have a WC shot at 10 wins should we fall flat on our face because of all the H2H we have with other potential WC teams. Niners would almost certainly need 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Chifley posted:

Well Andrew Luck is right there, already living up to all the pre-draft hype and poised to be Manning for the next 15 years. What will inevitably happen is that one of Steelers/Pats/Broncos will also find the next HoF QB and the AFC will laugh in the face of parity for another 15 years.

That or Manning and Brady don't get any worse and play for another 10 years just for the hell of it.

The Broncos and Steelers are well...consistent.

Denver was able to stumble into the playoffs after Elway hung up his cleats and before Manning blessed them with his presence. Pittsburgh? Same thing. Honestly it would take Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Denver going full stupid via firing their front office for them to go full suck. Same with Baltimore for that matter.

I'm not so sure about New England. All hinges on Belichick. Without him? They're back to the old days.

Indy just won the lottery twice in one life time. Had Manning not decided to have surgery the year before they drafted Luck? Likely they'd still be spiraling back towards mediocrity.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chifley posted:

Well Andrew Luck is right there, already living up to all the pre-draft hype and poised to be Manning for the next 15 years. What will inevitably happen is that one of Steelers/Pats/Broncos will also find the next HoF QB and the AFC will laugh in the face of parity for another 15 years.

That or Manning and Brady don't get any worse and play for another 10 years just for the hell of it.

Bold prediction that may not actually be bold: while not as eccentric and fun to watch, Luck will be better than Manning when he really hits the stride of his prime.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
So here is the most likely scenario as far as I can tell

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Cole posted:

Bold prediction that may not actually be bold: while not as eccentric and fun to watch, Luck will be better than Manning when he really hits the stride of his prime.

So he'll be the greatest qb of all time. I'd say that counts as bold.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

So here is the most likely scenario as far as I can tell

No way Green Bay loses enough games to make back to the third seed the way they're playing. I admire your belief in the Buccs though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Also, the Browns' hopes of winning the division are pretty much shot now. We're going to be lucky to get back to the Wild Card.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals need two of four. Let's. Go. The Bengals.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

axeil posted:

No way Green Bay loses enough games to make back to the third seed the way they're playing. I admire your belief in the Buccs though.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think there's reason to question Lord Waffle Beard's objectivity.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals need two of four. Let's. Go. The Bengals.
I'm dumb/I believe.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

spencer for hire posted:

So what's the best hope for the niners to make it to the playoffs? It looks like division is possible if ARI drops every game but SEA and that's the only game SEA wins from here out. Seems unlikely.
Is it possible to get a wildcard spot at 10-6 or do the niners need to win out for any chance?

Niners can still get in at 9-7 as the sixth WC but it would require Arizona to lose out, Dallas to win at most 1 more, and the Seahawks to essentially win out. They'd tiebreak Dallas due to the early season win, and Arizona in common opponents.

E: Forgot about the lions, if they lose out Niners can get the 5th WC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...0~2~400554448~1

pizza valentine fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 30, 2014

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I need this to happen

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

spencer for hire posted:

Niners are a game back on Seattle, Detroit, and Dallas. To make a wildcard they need to pass two of those three. Given that, niners fans should be hoping for Cowboy and Lion meltdowns combined with taking care of business. To win the division, they need to win out while Arizona and Seattle both lose a couple more. Division is very unlikely right now, but who knows. The NFC wildcard race is very open.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I need this to happen

No one in the entire world wants that horrible thing to happen :frogout:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm p sad New Orleans and Atlanta won today. I was hoping for a 5-11 playoff team.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I need this to happen

Fenrir posted:

No one in the entire world wants that horrible thing to happen :frogout:

I for one welcome our overlords that deem the 10-win cardinals bye-worthy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I'm p sad New Orleans and Atlanta won today. I was hoping for a 5-11 playoff team.

Nope, in fact, the NFC South Champion Saints get a bye. Manning, Brady, and Big Ben get some well deserved time off.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 1, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Qwijib0 posted:

That was the only GOOD part of that abomination.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Qwijib0 posted:

For my sanity I can only handle bills vs browns once a year

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Last Updated: Sunday, November 30th, 23h30

pre:
## Tm. Rec. Div NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Conference Results
-- --- ---- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
01 Ari 09-3 2-1 7-2 Wstl Wdet Lsea Latl vK.C @StL vSea @S.F W-Phi,Dal,Det,S.F L-Sea
02 G.B 09-3 4-1 6-3 Wchi Wphi Wmin Wn.e vAtl @Buf @T.B vDet W-Min,Chi,Phi L-Det,Sea,N.O
03 Phi 09-3 3-0 5-3 Wcar Lg.b Wten Wdal vSea vDal @Was @NYG W-Dal L-Ari,S.F,G.B
04 Atl 05-7 4-0 5-4 Wt.b Wcar Lcle Wari @G.B vPit @N.O vCar W-N.O L-Min,NYG,Chi,Det

05 Sea 08-4 1-1 6-2 Wnyg Lk.c Wari @S.F @Phi vS.F @Ari vStL W-G.B,S.F L-Dal,StL
06 Det 08-4 2-0 6-2 Wmia Lari Ln.e vChi vT.B vMin @Chi @G.B W-G.B,N.O L-Ari

Dal 08-4 2-2 5-4 Wjax .bye Wnyg Lphi @Chi @Phi vInd @Was W-Sea,N.O L-Ari,S.F,Phi
   S.F 07-5 1-3 6-4 Wn.o Wnyg Wwas Lsea @Oak @Sea vS.D vAri W-Dal,Phi L-Ari,Chi,Sea,StL

N.O 05-7 2-1 4-4 Ls.f Lcin Lbal Wpit vCar @Chi vAtl @T.B W-G.B L-Dal,Det,S.F
   Chi 05-7 1-3 4-4 Lg.b Wmin Wt.b Ldet vDal vN.O vDet @Min W-S.F,Atl,Min L-G.B,Det
   Min 05-7 0-4 5-5 .bye Lchi Lg.b Wcar vNYJ @Det @Mia vChi W-StL,Was,Atl L-Det,G.B,N.O,Chi
   StL 05-7 2-2 3-5 Lari Wden Ls.d Woak @Was vAri vNYG @Sea W-Sea,S.F,T.B

~Teams below this line are eliminated from Wild Cards but can win a division~

Car 03*7 1-2 3-5 Lphi Latl .bye @Min @N.O vT.B vCle @Atl 
   T.B 02-9 0-4 1-7 Latl Wwas Lchi vCin @Det @Car vG.B vN.O W-Was L-StL,Atl

Eliminated: New York, Washington (Wk13)

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
Phi 09-3 3-0 5-2 5-3 Wcar Lg.b Wten Wdal vSea vDal @Was @NYG Dal-W? NYG-W? Was-W?
Dal 08-4 2-2 5-2 5-4 Wjax .bye Wnyg Lphi @Chi @Phi vInd @Was NYG-WW Phi-L? Was-L?

Common Opponents: NFC West, AFC South

Eliminated: New York, Washington (Wk12)
Main Scenario 1 - Philadelphia wins vs Dallas in Week 15

Philadelphia clinches if they win one more game OR Dallas loses one more game.

Dallas clinches if they win @Chi & vInd & @Was and Philly loses vSea @ @Was & @NYG.

Main Scenario 2 - Dallas wins vs Philadelphia in Week 15

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O NFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
Phi 09-4 3-1 5-2 5-4 Wcar Lg.b Wten Wdal vSea Ldal @Was @NYG Dal-WL NYG-W? Was-W?
Dal 09-4 3-2 5-2 6-4 Wjax .bye Wnyg Lphi @Chi Wphi vInd @Was NYG-WW Phi-LW Was-L?
Philadelphia clinches with:

1) Phi wins (vSea AND @Was AND @NYG) [clinch via NFCE record, 5-1 vs 4-2 at best];
2) Phi wins (@Was AND @NYG) AND any Dal loss [clinch via NFCE record, 5-1 vs 4-2 at best];
3) Phi wins (vSea AND either (@Was OR @NYG)) AND Dal loss either (v@Was) [clinch via NFCE record, 4-2 vs 3-3];
4) Phi wins (vSea AND either (@Was OR @NYG)) AND Dal loss either (vInd) [clinch via C.O record, 6-2 vs 5-3];
5) Phi wins (vSea AND either (@Was OR @NYG)) AND Dal loss @Chi AND Phi wins SoV tie-breaker;
6) Phi win either (@Was OR @NYG) AND Dal losses (@Was AND either (@Chi OR vInd)) [clinch via NFCE record, 4-2 vs 3-3];
7) Phi win vSea AND Dal losses (@Was AND either (@Chi OR vInd) [clinch via C.O record, 6-2 vs 5-3].

Dallas can win far fewer tie-breakers; when they do it's because of a loss @Chi wouldn't hurt their Div or C.O record, whereas any Philly loss hurts one or the other.

Philadelphia Eagles: Philly is well-positioned to win the NFCE, so long as they split or sweep the Dallas matches. See axeil's excellent breakdown here.

Dallas Cowboys: See Philly's breakdown. To surpass the Eagles the Cowboys either need to sweep the H2H series, or win more than Phi in the other two div matches, or win more than Phi in the out-of-division games.

New York Giants: Eliminated in Week 12.

Washington Footballers: Eliminated in Week 12.

pre:
G.B 09-3 4-1 4-1 6-3 Wchi Wphi Wmin Wn.e vAtl @Buf @T.B vDet Chi-WW Det-L? Min-WW
Det 08-4 3-0 4-3 6-2 Wmia Lari Ln.e Wchi vT.B vMin @Chi @G.B Chi-W? G.B-W? Min-W?

Common Opponents: NFC South, AFC East

Eliminated: Chicago, Minnesota (Wk13)
Green Bay: With a huge win vs the Patriots the Packers could clinch the division before the Wk17 showdown vs the Lions. They would need to go 3-0 while Detroit goes 2-1 over the next three weeks, but the toughest game on the list is G.B@Buf so it'd require an upset by the Bears or Vikings.

Detroit: The Lions, due to their win vs G.B earlier in the season, could head into Week 17 one game behind and still be win-and-in. So wins vT.B, vMin, and @Chi would leave them in control of their destiny. Losing a game would mean they'll need some help from Packers' opponents.

Chicago Bears: Eliminated in Week 13.

Minnesota Vikings: Eliminated in Week 13.

pre:
Atl 05-7 4-0 0-6 5-4 Wt.b Wcar Lcle Wari @G.B vPit @N.O vCar Car-W? N.O-W? T.B-W?
N.O 05-7 2-1 3-4 4-4 Ls.f Lcin Lbal Wpit vCar @Chi vAtl @T.B Atl-L? Car-W? T.B-W?
Car 03*8 1-2 2*3 3-6 Lphi Latl .bye Lmin @N.O vT.B vCle @Atl Atl-L? N.O-L? T.B W?
T.B 02-T 0-4 1-5 1-7 Latl Wwas Lchi Lcin @Det @Car vG.B vN.O Atl-L? Car-L? N.O-L?

Common Opponents: NFC North, AFC North
Atlanta: Their lead is tenuous when you consider the next two weeks of opponents for them and the Saints. The game @N.O in Wk16 will be must-win, and that will guarantee them 6 wins and the H2H tie-breaker. A 7th win would be enough so long as the Panthers, Bears, or Bucs can also win vs the Saints.

New Orleans: After a disastrous homestand they are still in control of their NFCS destiny. A win vAtl in Wk16 would give them the tie-breaker assuming they match the Falcons overall divisional record.

Carolina: One win in the last ten games, a malfunctioning offense and special teams, and an employed Shula. With a 1.5 game deficit and the Atl@N.O game remaining, their only real hope is to win both @N.O and @Atl, and then either win out to 7.5 wins, or have Atl and N.O stumble enough for 6.5 wins to suffice.

Tampa Bay: Must win out AND have Atl@N.O end in a tie AND have Atl loses all other games AND have N.O lose all other games AND have Carolina lose vCle.

pre:
Ari 09-3 2-1 7-1 7-2 Wstl Wdet Lsea Latl vK.C @StL vSea @S.F S.F-W? Sea-L? StL-W?
Sea 08-4 2-1 4-3 5-2 Wnyg Lk.c Wari Ws.f @Phi vS.F @Ari vStL Ari-W? S.F-W? StL-L?
S.F 07-5 1-3 5-1 6-4 Wn.o Wnyg Wwas Lsea @Oak @Sea vS.D vAri Ari-L? Sea-L? StL-WL
StL 05-7 2-2 2-4 3-5 Lari Wden Ls.d Woak @Was vAri vNYG @Sea Ari-L? S.F-WL Sea-W?

Common Opponents: NFC East, AFC West
Arizona Cardinals: While still in control of their destiny, the Seahawks are also in control, thus Sea@Ari in Wk16 has a massive impact on the final results. Slightly in their favor is an easier closing schedule than Seattle and an excellent C.O record should that tie-breaker be necessary.

Seattle Seahawks: They're in control of their destiny but face three winning teams in a row, two on the road, before closing against a very tough Rams team. 10-6 can technically be sufficient, but would require a perfect set of results in terms of divisional wins and losses by them and the Cards.

San Francisco 49ers: With a terrible NFCW record and only 1 "easy" match left on the schedule the odds are low that the Niners can make a push for the division title.

St.Louis Rams: Must win out AND have Arizona lose out AND have Seattle and San Fran split their series AND have Seattle and San Fran lose all other matches.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Silly Burrito posted:

Nope, in fact, the NFC South Champion Saints get a bye. Manning, Brady, and Big Ben get some well deserved time off.

I like this one, Cowboys need to go 8-8 though

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Slight nitpick, but you still have my hypothetical analysis posted in the NFC scenarios. Now that we know Philly has won the first matchup against Dallas I think your write-up is more accurate. :shobon:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

axeil posted:

Slight nitpick, but you still have my hypothetical analysis posted in the NFC scenarios. Now that we know Philly has won the first matchup against Dallas I think your write-up is more accurate. :shobon:

Yeah, I'm confident Dallas can no longer sweep the H2H.

Bulls Hit
Dec 30, 2011

Legit questions always get stupid responses. Perhaps your brain will grow and you will gain intelligence and you might be able to provide an intelligent response someday! I don't pray, so I'm just going to hope you do get that intelligent brain some day.
Miami gutted it out, needed that win tonight. Going to have to bone up next week against the Ravens. Thankfully we played a team that didn't trust their QB and we got smart and filled the box.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Last Updated: Monday, December 1st, 23h30

pre:
## Tm. Rec. Div AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Conference Results
-- --- ---- --- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
01 N.E 09-3 2-1 6-2 .bye Wind Wdet Lg.b @S.D vMia @NYJ vBuf W-Den,Buf,Ind L-Mia
02 Den 09-3 4-0 7-1 Woak Lstl Wmia Wk.c vBuf @S.D @Cin vOak W-Ind,K.C,S.D,Mia L-N.E
03 Cin 08*3 2-1 5-3 Lcle Wn.o Whou Wt.b vPit @Cle vDen @Pit
04 Ind 08-4 4-0 6-3 .bye Ln.e Wjax Wwas @Cle vHou @Dal @Ten W-Bal,Hou L-Den,Pit,N.E

05 S.D 08-4 2-2 6-3 .bye Woak Wstl Wbal vN.E vDen @S.F @K.C W-Buf L-Den,Mia,K.C
06 Mia 07-5 3-1 6-3 Ldet Wbuf Lden @NYJ vBal @N.E vMin vNYJ W-N.E,S.D L-K.C WL-Buf L-Den

K.C 07-5 1-3 5-4 Wbuf Wsea Loak Lden @Ari vOak @Pit vS.D W-N.E,Mia,S.D,Buf L-Den
   Buf 07-5 3-2 4-5 Lk.c Lmia Wnyj Wcle @Den vG.B @Oak @N.E L-N.E,S.D,Hou,K.C,Cle WL-Mia
   Bal 07-5 2-3 3-5 Wten .bye Wn.o Ls.d @Mia vJax @Hou vCle W-Cle L-Ind,Cinx2 WL-Pit
   Pit 07-5 2-2 6-3 Lnyj Wten .bye Ln.o @Cin @Atl vK.C vCin W-Ind,Hou WL-Bal,Cle
   Cle 07-5 2-2 4-5 Wcin Lhou Watl Lbuf vInd vCin @Car @Bal L-Bal WL-Pit
   Hou 06-6 2-1 5-3 .bye Wcle Lcin Wten @Jax @Ind vBal vJax W-Buf,Ten L-Ind,Pit   

Eliminated: Oakland & Jacksonville (Wk11), Tennessee & New York (Wk12)

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
N.E 09-3 2-1 5-2 6-2 .bye Wind Wdet Lg.b @S.D vMia @NYJ	vBuf Buf-W? Mia-L? NYJ-W?
Mia 07-5 3-1 3-4 6-3 Ldet Wbuf Lden Wnyj vBal @N.E vMin	vNYJ Buf-LW N.E-W? NYJ-W?
Buf 07-5 3-2 3-2 4-5 Lk.c Lmia Wnyj Wcle @Den vG.B @Oak	@N.E Mia-WL N.E-L? NYJ-W?

Common Opponents: AFC West, NFC North

Eliminated: New York (Wk12)
New England Patriots: They need to match Denver win for win to hold on to the #1 Seed, and the home game vs Miami has high importance due to the Pats losing to the Dolphins in September. In control of their destiny, but a loss @S.D could change everything.

Miami Dolphins: Miami snuck into the 6th Seed temporarily thanks to the comeback win over New York. Huge game vs Baltimore next week, where the loser will fall a game and tie-breaker behind. And if they can win that and the Chargers can hand the Patriots another road loss then Mia@N.E will be for the AFCE lead.

Buffalo Bills: If they can split @Den/vG.B and win @Oak, and N.E can lose @S.D and vMia, then Buffalo could be in position to win @N.E in Wk17 and clinch via tie-breakers. Their Wild Card hopes are roughly the same, since there are 8 teams with 6-8 wins and a lot of them play each other down the line, so 10-6 should be the minimum playoff record.

pre:
Tm. Rec. Div C.O AFC Wk10 Wk11 Wk12 Wk13 Wk14 Wk15 Wk16 Wk17  Divisional Results
Cin 08*3 2-1 6*1 5-3 Lcle Wn.o Whou Wt.b vPit @Cle vDen @Pit Bal-WW Cle-L? Pit-??
Bal 07-5 2-3 5-1 3-5 Wten .bye Wn.o Ls.d @Mia vJax @Hou vCle Cin-LL Cle-W? Pit-WL
Pit 07-5 2-2 5-2 6-3 Lnyj Wten .bye Ln.o @Cin @Atl vK.C vCin Bal-WL Cin-?? Cle-WL
Cle 07-5 2-2 4-2 4-5 Wcin Lhou Watl Lbuf vInd vCin @Car @Bal Bal-L? Cin-W? Pit-WL

Common Opponents: AFC South, NFC South
Cincinnati Bengals: If they can win vPit and @Cle then they'll be at 10-5-1 and Pit and Cle will be at 6+ losses, which is a pretty good base for winning the division. Balitmore has the easiest remaining schedule, but even they have two road games vs playoff hopefuls.

Baltimore Ravens: Last week they held the #6 Seed and were a half-game behind the Bengals. Now they have 5 AFC losses, 3 AFCN losses, have fallen to 9th Seed, and have to travel to Miami in a massively important game. Losing to the Dolphins would cripple their AFCN title hopes and severly hurt their Wild Card hopes.

Pittsburgh Steelers: The loss to the Saints was one they could ill-afford. A loss @Cin will all but eliminate them from the AFCN chase, and would dent the tie-breaker edge (AFC record) they have in the Wild Card race. They really need one of Baltimore or Cleveland to lose since they'd be ahead of either in a 2-way tie.

Cleveland Browns: The loss to the Bills was one they could ill-afford. They face two division leaders in two weeks, albeit at home, and must split at worst to stay alive in the Wild Card race, and must win vCin to have AFCN aspirations. Hard to say who they should root for in Pit@Cin, is it easier to beat out 5 teams for the #6 Seed or 3 teams for the AFCN title?

pre:
Ind 08-4 4-0 4-2 6-3 .bye Ln.e Wjax Wwas @Cle vHou @Dal @Ten Hou-W? Jax-WW Ten-W?
Hou 06-6 2-1 2-5 5-3 .bye Wcle Lcin Wten @Jax @Ind vBal vJax Ind-L? Jax-?? Ten-W?

Common Opponents: AFC North, NFC East

Eliminated: Tennessee, Jacksonville (Wk12)
Indianapolis Colts: Can clinch this week with a win @Cle and a Hou loss @Jax (worst case would tie at 9-7, split H2H, 4-2 divisional, Indy wins with 5-3 C.O vs 3-5).

Houston Texans: Well, if they can win @Jax, and the Browns can eek out a win vs Indy, and Houston can pull off the upset in Indy, then Houston will be tied and in a bad but not terrible tie-breaker position. A loss @Ind would prompt scouting for the draft.

pre:
Den 09-3 4-0 4-3 7-1 Woak Lstl Wmia Wk.c vBuf @S.D @Cin vOak K.C-WW Oak-W? S.D-W?
S.D 08-4 2-2 4-2 6-3 .bye Woak Wstl Wbal vN.E vDen @S.F @K.C Den-L? K.C-L? Oak-W?
K.C 07-5 1-3 6-1 5-4 Wbuf Wsea Loak Lden @Ari vOak @Pit vS.D Den-LL Oak-?? S.D-W?

Common Opponents: AFC East, NFC West

Eliminated: Oakland (Wk11)
Denver Broncos: A big win @K.C to all but knock the Chiefs out of the AFCW race, and Denver clinches if they win vBuf and @S.D. The Chargers remain a threat for the division if they can win at home though, and N.E, Cin, and Indy are all in contention for a bye.

San Diego Chargers: The game vDen is must-win for them to win the AFCW. For a Wild Card they need to get to 10+ wins a maintain a good AFC record (7+ wins). So wins @S.F and any other game gets them that far, and then they just need New England, Cincy, and Denver to beat their divisional rivals.

Kansas City Chiefs: Their AFCW hopes are essentially dead, and their Wild Card hopes are hurting. They do get to take on two playoff competitors in the last two weeks, and their other two games are very winnable.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Texans now have two wins over Tennessee

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I like that KC's vs Oakland record is still ??.

Truly that loss was too incredible to be real :v:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

pre:
Realistic Clinching Scenarios by Week 15

New England, AFC East title:

1) Win at San Diego in Week 14
2) Buffalo loses at Denver in Week 14
3) Win versus Miami in Week 15 to clinch

OR

1) Lose at San Diego in Week 14
2) Buffalo loses at Denver in Week 14
3) Miami loses versus Baltimore in Week 14
4) Buffalo loses versus Green Bay in Week 15
5) Win versus Miami in Week 15 to clinch

Cincinnati, AFC North title:

1) Win versus Pittsburgh in Week 14
2) Baltimore loses at Miami in Week 14
3) Win at Cleveland in Week 15

Indianapolis, AFC South title:

1) Win at Cleveland in Week 14
2) Houston loses at Jacksonville in Week 14

OR

1) Win vs Houston in Week 15

Denver, AFC West title:

1) Win versus Buffalo in Week 14
2) Win at San Diego in Week 15

Philadelphia, NFC East title:

1) Win versus Seattle in Week 14
2) Win versus Dallas in Week 15

OR

1) Lose versus Seattle in Week 14
2) Dallas loses at Chicago in Week 14
3) Win versus Dallas in Week 15
The NFC North could be clinched by Green Bay, but Detroit losing to Tampa and Minnesota at home seems to fall below the "feasibility line".

The NFC South could be clinched by Atlanta, but would Atlanta winning at Green Bay and versus Pittsburgh seems to be unrealistic.

The NFC West could be clinched by Arizona, but their apparent collapse and Seattle's resurgence makes it seem quite improbable.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
All I need is for the 7-9 Saints to host the 11-5, defending champion Seahawks in the first round. I mean, I doubt it could possibly compare to the Beast Quake (which is my favorite non-Patriots play of all time), but I just love the symmetry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Cardinals fans not feeling too confident

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

African AIDS cum posted:

Cardinals fans not feeling too confident

1143 people is probably about 90% of Cardinals fans.

But good news Arizona, that's 1140 more people then are Coyotes Fans.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Athanatos posted:

Out of all the states for a useless poll, Arizona has to be the most useless. There are more probably more Bear fans than Cardinal fans.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Athanatos posted:

Yay I'm one of the three Coyotes fans.

Also RIP Coyotes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God when you look at the projections those really close losses to Denver and Green Bay are a kick to the dick for miami

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
Those are at least losses to good teams. KC's losses to Tennessee and Oakland are going to come back and bite them in the rear end unless they sweep the rest of the way.

Tennessee and loving Oakland.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

Hey, in that latest us map infographic based on Facebook team affiliation, Arizona finally went Cardinals. Only took 25 years of having the franchise here.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I want this next one sooooo bad. Hopefully Andy continues his career trend of savaging bad secondaries.

Edit: Dalton is 12-3-1 against the NFC. All they need to do is get to that Superbowl.

Tie: Carolina
Losses: Chicago, Dallas, San Fransisco
Wins: Arizona, Atlanta, DC, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, New Orleens, NYC, Philadelphia, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa

( :v: )

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 4, 2014

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God when you look at the projections those really close losses to Denver and Green Bay are a kick to the dick for miami

I was more upset when the team wasn't a MASH unit and might have actually had a chance of winning a playoff game

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eifert Posting posted:

Edit: Dalton is 12-3-1 against the NFC. All they need to do is get to that Superbowl.

Yes but the Super Bowl is in primetime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yes but the Super Bowl is in primetime

If we define primetime as when everyone is watching the same game then...

• Locked thread