Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I refuse to perpetuate myself and refuse my biological function. Should I die now or wait until I waste away with an acceptable disease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

No. 6 posted:

I refuse to perpetuate myself and refuse my biological function. Should I die now or wait until I waste away with an acceptable disease?

Try to get as many diseases as possible so you can go down in the history books. You can do this by going down on a bunch of people.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
childfree

typically a bunch of sad sack people who hate children but are also obsessed with them. they tend to have a persecution complex which causes them to lash out at children and people with children while insisiting that no one mention their choice not to have children. Not to be confused with normal people who have simply chosen not to have children.

"Mommy, why did that lady kick me?" "I think she's one of those childfree nuts."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Get married to a woman with a similar mindset and enjoy spending the rest of your life in a relationship where neither of you feel the need to ruin it emotionally and economically by having children.

Lie on your deathbed and when the wisps of regret come, shoo them away with the memories of all the sex you got to have that was never interrupted by your stupid kid having a nightmare or making GBS threads himself or telling you that when he goes to school tomorrow he's going to "show them all."
Also make sure to appreciate the freedom that comes with the knowledge that in the event that either of you dies the other won't be left with a dependent that they aren't capable of supporting, emotionally or financially.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 9, 2014

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Lol, the only people who think you have to have kids are probably gamers.

I must have children with a virgin wife!!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Antinatalism is a p good philosophy.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

No. 6 posted:

I refuse to perpetuate myself and refuse my biological function.

You say this like you're actually able to find a woman who's willing to have sex with you.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
well that's enough to piss off the pope

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No. 6 posted:

But who will carry your legacy when you're gone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

No. 6 posted:

gently caress as many women as possible and make sure any accidents get aborted ASAP. Its yours, not hers. Tell her to loving destroy it or she'll get destroyed. Its the American Way.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Dennis System posted:

Antinatalism is a p good philosophy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
it's not like you were gonna get laid anyway

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

convincing yourself you don't want the things you can't have really owns, I recommend it unironically

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

No. 6 posted:

poz your neg hole

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I don't know if I'll have kids or not, OP. Depends on how things work out.

My internet girlfriend is too self-realized to ever have kids herself, but she's got a big mpreg fetish. It all depends on medical technology/affordability.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Part of me wants to find a chick on match with a 4 year old so I can skip all the bullshit years where they poo poo themselves and have no personality. But then I smoke a bowl instead of sending the nice lady a message

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

convincing yourself you don't want the things you can't have really owns, I recommend it unironically

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
I want to skip the newborn baby phase, but still get as young as possible little kid. I wanna try clicker training on it, you know like you do with dogs. Modern day conditioning stuff, no negative reinforcement bullshit. Kid pees in the bowl without making a mess? Gets a click. Stays quiet for 15 minutes while I drink a beer? Gets a treat and a click. Comes when calls and sits? Another click. Oh, and walks at heel when we go for a walk every day to the children park, where he's allowed off-leash. Unless he bites the other children then it's back on the leash, that's the only negative reinforcement.

I figure there's three ultimate outcomes: either the kid starts behaving exactly like a dog and gets diagnosed with massive autism and taken away by CPS, or breaks through it and becomes a mostly regular kid just with weird ticks and PTSD, or I get stabbed to death in my sleep by a psychotic 11 year old once he finally snaps.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Whenever someone tells me they hate kids my brain does something kinda like when a record player skips and it doesn't really process what they just said and I end up really confused.

Kids can't help being dumb maybe lighten up???

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Viridiant posted:

Whenever someone tells me they hate kids my brain does something kinda like when a record player skips and it doesn't really process what they just said and I end up really confused.

u sound like a bitch

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Fetus Tree posted:

u sound like a bitch

Lighten up, fucker.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Viridiant posted:

I hate like 99.99999% of adults. Children are no different. Just because someone is a kid doesn't give them a free pass on being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

what a novel and fresj opinion from an internet nerd

e. this post applies both for op and ^

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
you don't have a biological function

your ability to reproduce is just a dumb coincidence in the giant web of cause and effect

hope this helps you in your decision to die soon OP

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Apthous posted:

I hate like 99.99999% of adults. Children are no different. Just because someone is a kid doesn't give them a free pass on being a loving rear end in a top hat.

Why are you so angry

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Viridiant posted:

Why are you so angry

I've never been less angry in my life. Everything your mom told you is wrong. The more soda I drink the healthier I get. The more people I hate the nicer I get.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Apthous posted:

I've never been less angry in my life. Everything your mom told you is wrong. The more soda I drink the healthier I get. The more people I hate the nicer I get.

the death rattle of a rage-filled fatty with an oedipus complex dying of an anger-induced stroke

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Quickscope420dad posted:

the death rattle of a rage-filled fatty with an oedipus complex dying of an anger-induced stroke

I haven't eaten a vegetable in literally years.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Apthous posted:

if you hate almost everyone you come across just remember that the only constant is you and thenkill yourself

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

relax op, by the numbers your biological function is basically just a minivan for e coli

enjoy the bliss of doing whatever the gently caress you want and having tons of cash to do it with

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
You selfish motherfucker! I hope you trip and drown in the pile of money you'll be saving or die in one of the many, many, periods of blissful sleep that you'll enjoy during your empty childless existence.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it's cool if you accidentally have one just eat it before it hatches

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Having kids is hard work but then when you're older you have a solid crew of people who respect and love you until you die

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

mookface posted:

Having kids is hard work but then when you're older you have a solid crew of people who respect and love you until you die

Maybe. Unless they grow up to be assholes, addicts, or move across the world/country and establish roots of their own. If you're lucky kids MIGHT take care of you until you die.

You know WILL take care of you until you die? Money.

I'm extremely glad I have my kids but I have no illusions about what I've given up for my indulgences.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
*shrugs* I wouldn't want kids simply because I do not feel I would be an awesome dad. You need to have that something to be a good dad to your kids and after some self evaluation i am not that guy.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
im having a vasectomy done next month cant wait

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Maybe. Unless they grow up to be assholes, addicts, or move across the world/country and establish roots of their own. If you're lucky kids MIGHT take care of you until you die.

You know WILL take care of you until you die? Money.

I'm extremely glad I have my kids but I have no illusions about what I've given up for my indulgences.

money will take care of you but dying with money is senseless and having your grandchildren coming to see you has got to be infinitely more satisfying than watching a big chunk of money sit in a savings account

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mookface posted:

money will take care of you but dying with money is senseless and having your grandchildren coming to see you has got to be infinitely more satisfying than watching a big chunk of money sit in a savings account

That is a very expensive long term investment.

If you die suddenly you might as well have flushed that money down the toilet.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mookface posted:

you think your grandchildren will come visit you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

can't wait to break down into tears when I see all my kids listen to hip hop instead of the classics

• Locked thread