Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

SBJ posted:

For all the goons who want to go to finland because they think they will automatically be more attractive, just realize that they have a really low obesity rate. When I went there i only saw 1 fat girl under 30 and it was my turkish cousin lol

we take our fat-shaming seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
do fanns have bald assholes this is important

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there are definitely bald people with varying rectal conditions

rohoku posted:

Best/worst thing about finland is their Language. Can't understand a god damned word even when they're speaking english.
mom downstairs: "what does this english word mean?"
me upstairs: "what's the context?"

this happened multiple times. conveying context and word class through suffixes and conjugation is definitely a trade-off

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
no i meant im not going to rim a hairy finnish butthole

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
finns most definitely bbq. mostly in suburban areas, or on ~summer vacations~, though. thread title is complete fabrication

illegible pie chart
Jul 2, 2007

quakster posted:

finns most definitely bbq. mostly in suburban areas, or on ~summer vacations~, though. thread title is complete fabrication

Yeah.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Finns are good at driving fast on narrow dirt roads

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Yeah gotta give them credit, while they may be lanky recluses, they do have a good grip of winter and motor sports. Which is odd for people who really don't seem very sporty.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

krampster2 posted:

Yeah gotta give them credit, while they may be lanky recluses, they do have a good grip of winter and motor sports. Which is odd for people who really don't seem very sporty.

finns are generally short

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

SBJ posted:

finns are generally short

My map says otherwise. Check out the Netherlands though, drat.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Norwegians cant loving drink for poo poo by the way. My dad says it's because a) drinks is mega expensive, and b) the nights are so short in summer (the only time people go out at night) that nobody even goes out drinking till like midnight and they only have a couple hours to get as hosed as is humanly possible before passing out and getting up for work.

is this true elsewhere in scandinavia?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Norwegians cant loving drink for poo poo by the way. My dad says it's because a) drinks is mega expensive, and b) the nights are so short in summer (the only time people go out at night) that nobody even goes out drinking till like midnight and they only have a couple hours to get as hosed as is humanly possible before passing out and getting up for work.

is this true elsewhere in scandinavia?

Norwegians get super drunk at home (sometimes it might be a party). Getting drunk solely by going out is not feasible. Also people don't only go out in the summer.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 10, 2014

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Norwegians get super drunk at home (sometimes it might be a party). Getting drunk solely by going out is not feasible.

yeah i've heard this aw well, that the drinking starts at home and then they head out late (by civilised european standards).

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

krampster2 posted:

My map says otherwise. Check out the Netherlands though, drat.

huh, maybe I'm wrong, my bad. maybe it was just the people i hung out with

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

SBJ posted:

For all the goons who want to go to finland because they think they will automatically be more attractive, just realize that they have a really low obesity rate.

It's full of fats

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SA has a worrying amount of Finns is what I've found out. We're like the second biggest SA demography after 'muricans for some reason

also Finland is a gay retard country for idiots (like me, which is why I was born and sstill live here) but also much better than most other dumb poo poo bitch countries, which includes most of them, except Canada which seems like a p. cool place. Then again for some reason I know a shitload of Canadians who've moved to Finland so maybe Finland is better after all?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

It's full of fats

Egyptians are fat?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

also :lol: if you think Finns aren't fat

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

krampster2 posted:

Egyptians are fat?

Female obesity.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

nah, the men are pretty fat too, its just that the women are really fat. people in the middle east eat lots of oily, fatty foods as well as sweets and drink lots of soda, and pretty much never exercize.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Good thing about the burqa is it's big like a muumuu, plenty of room to hide those love handles.

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

It's a sign of wealth over there, isn't it? Or maybe I'm thinking of Saudi Arabia.. I'm pretty sure somewhere fat-arses are considered the upper echelon of society.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gunky Junket posted:

It's a sign of wealth over there, isn't it? Or maybe I'm thinking of Saudi Arabia.. I'm pretty sure somewhere fat-arses are considered the upper echelon of society.

you're thinking of the 18th century.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

fenno-swedes, more like not-swedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsVZSPXMZdY

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

David Dees is America's greatest hope.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sweden used to own Finland back in the good old days. We used to own Norway too, but we gave it back. Norway turned out alright but Finland... Well, Finland lost her way

Anyway, Scandinavia should join hands and become a united states of scandinavia

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

you just want our oil, sneaky swedish man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope you guys wanted to learn this information:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
why do we even HAVE a word for bears nigga aint no bears in loving england

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the word bear on that map shows us just how close culturally Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Iceland is, while Finland is just in another ballpark altogether

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Sweden used to own Finland back in the good old days. We used to own Norway too, but we gave it back. Norway turned out alright but Finland... Well, Finland lost her way

Maybe not a union, but I dream of a world where we can actually talk to each other in our respective languages and understand each other.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
that area around Georgia is a loving mess. why do all those tiny places need a different word for bear?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
how the h*ck do you pronunce an upside down e anyway

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zzulu posted:

sweden never really "owned" norway, not in the same way denmark did, there was never such a thing as "sweden-norway" in the way that there was a denmark-norway. it was really a pretty loose personal union, norway had its own legislature, legal system, merchant marine and navy among other things.

also, scandinavian union can suck my balls. swedes just want our money the same way they want our jobs. and they would probably make stockholm the capital.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
stockholm already is the capital of scandinavia

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:smug:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I once asked finns how I could tell apart swedes from finns, they just said "you'll know". A few minutes later a bunch of kids walk past smoking mint cigarettes from those long cigarette holders, wearing tight black clothing, and sporting 17th century haircuts

they looked like something out of that really awful romeo & juliet movie where it's set in the modern world

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

SBJ posted:

Romeo + Juliet

gently caress that movie is poo poo. I remember we had to watch it in high school English class because no one had the attention span to get through reading the play.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

stockholm already is the capital of scandinavia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

• Locked thread