Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the plot hole was how he did the whole thing so he could grovel and get back his ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Pawn 17 posted:

You are probably thinking of The Adjustment Bureau aka "The Adjustment Team".

no i think i got confused with the story he wrote about a man who gets a new lease on life when they use space plants to make a new erectile dysfunction pill.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
The secret to doing cocaine is that when bad stuff happens take more cocaine. Make a lot of money and funnel it into a private cocaine factory for yourself, that way you can make as much cocaine as you want. Never stop doing cocaine cause withdrawal sucks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Viruswithshoes posted:

So there I was, watching 'Limitless' and I gots a thinkin: drat this movie is pretty stupid.

If he's so smart, why doesn't he write more awesome novels and live off the commission and adulation? Or keep on gambling and winning everytime. Or set up his own sweet hedge fund company and then Robert De Niro wouldn't even need to be in this dumb movie. And what happened to that dead woman? And why does he get back with his ex when he can just get mad hot pussy anytime he wants?

Makes you think about all the things he could have done instead. It just doesn't make much sense if you ask me, and lots of people do. I enjoyed it though because it wasn't too long. I'd give it 7/10. God bless America.

A wizard did it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

When the bad guy is about to slip and fall off the top of the building and he reaches out to the hero guy for help and the hero guy says "Sorry, buddy. I'm at my limit with you," and walks away as the bad guy falls off the building.

It is clearly established in the title that he does not have limits.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
any of these puns just at the end wouldve instantly turned it into a far better comedy than it was a sci fi movie

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

gary oldmans diary posted:

any of these puns just at the end wouldve instantly turned it into a far better comedy than it was a sci fi movie

wait, it WASN'T a comedy?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Clipperton posted:

It doesn't just give you smarts, it gives you style

e: that is why Bradley Cooper goes out and gets himself a natty suit and a haircut, when irl most superintelligent people look like absolute dogshit

it's because hes superintelligent without the autism

most rl big smarties have like autism or something which makes them unable to look good in almost any context physically, but the limitless dude was just a normal who took pills to make him smart- no autism required

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
the way he boned that asian chick was like LOL

like she wasnt feeling it at all then he used his brain to manipulate her image of him into a favorable sex partner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

I just read the plot summary for the book and the ending is more fitting IMO:

Eddie Spinola is a copywriter at a small publishing house in New York city. He starts using MDT-48, an experimental drug granting heightened intellectual, creative, and learning powers, and enabling its user to see meaningful patterns in large amounts of disparate information. However, he experiences drug dependence and mental instability.[3] On the run from police and creditors, facing death due to withdrawal from the drug, which he can no longer afford, his new career in high finance cut short by his increasingly erratic behavior, Eddie notices the President on television and recognizes the "alert, gorged MDT expression in his eyes." Then after he notices this, he succumbs to the lack of MDT and closes his eyes for the last time.[4][5]

Yeah this sounds like a nice Phillip K. Dick riff, most notably of "A Scanner Darkly" only with "speed/coke" subbed in for "heroin/psychedelics." It'd be nice to see a more straight take on the implications of a smarts drug like that.

Quickscope420dad posted:

wait, it WASN'T a comedy?

• Locked thread