Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

mookface posted:

do people actually do this

let me tell you about homestuck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I hated it then I watched all of them once and liked it more. BMO

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Let me tell you how BMO is actually a horrifying critique on social norms and gdfgdsgdsggdsfgd

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dongattack posted:

i loving love adventure time AND anime

and young children

same

same

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

let me tell you about homestuck...

k

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the onion AV Club writes super pretentious reviews of episodes thats all i know

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

no no no that was rhetorical you definitely do not want to be told about homostuck or fandoms or anything

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

regular show is better

gravity falls is better than regular show

rick and morty is the best show on tv.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

no no no that was rhetorical you definitely do not want to be told about homostuck or fandoms or anything

I wasn't aware that adventure time had a rabid fandom.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i gave rick and morty a shot and based on the goon love i expected it to be as bad as adventure time but it wasn't. it still has its annoying :rolleyes: moments but overall it's not bad.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSizePotato posted:

i gave rick and morty a shot and based on the goon love i expected it to be as bad as adventure time but it wasn't. it still has its annoying :rolleyes: moments but overall it's not bad.

One is for adults and one is for children

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I've been meaning to change avatars for a while now. AT's time is kinda over.

I'd like advice from the many mature adults who post here about what sports ball player or musician I should have instead.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Disconnecticus posted:

I'd like advice from the many mature adults who post here about what sports ball player or musician I should have instead.

tom waits or wayne gretzky

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Disconnecticus posted:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

mookface posted:

I wasn't aware that adventure time had a rabid fandom.

The creators trolled tumblrites by making an episode where Finn and Jake were gender swapped. In the end it was revealed that it was just a fanfic thing by the ice king was making up ecause he's insane like tumblr people

lol rekt

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

mookface posted:

tom waits or wayne gretzky

lame

The answer is Mike Schmidt. Always Mike Schmidt.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

regular show is better

gravity falls is better than regular show

rick and morty is the best show on tv.

pretty much this. Maybe not the best show on TV, but if you want to watch this style of cartoon but meant for adults, Rick and Morty is the answer.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Wemus posted:

the onion AV Club writes super pretentious reviews of episodes thats all i know

it's cause av club became tumblrtard central when half the staff left for the dissolve

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
I watched some Adventure Time on a bunch of acid and let me tell you it was pretty drat fun.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i wish the show still had whimsy and enthusiasm instead of sadbrains teenager poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I tried to marathon some Adventure Time after it became really popular among adult nerds, but couldn't really see what the deeper appeal was. It is legit good though, it's just not "I like this so much I'll cosplay it and draw fan-art and invent lore around it as an adult" good. Next to nothing is that good.

Rick and Morty is good but overrated as balls.

Gravity Falls is cute but I have no loving clue what grown adults are doing watching it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I watched a plastic bag dancing in the wind on a bunch of acid and let me tell you it was pretty drat fun.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Arrest that rear end! posted:

I watched some Adventure Time on a bunch of acid and let me tell you it was pretty drat fun.

Now we're talkin'.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I watched some roadkill decompose on a bunch of acid and let me tell you it was pretty drat fun.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how about that legend of korra

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Uncle Wemus posted:

how about that legend of korra

would.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Irish Joe posted:

I watched some roadkill decompose on a bunch of acid and let me tell you it was pretty drat fun.

you're weird

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
I also very much like Superjail.
<<<

Adventure Time is great because of how much Finn acts and thinks like a boy that age. I like that the characters aren't cynical and sarcastic, and they genuinely care for each other. Not a lot of cartoons were like that when the show first premiered.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

mookface posted:

One is for adults and one is for children

Um, I don't think Rick and Morty is for children

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's for manchildren, that's for drat sure.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
It's actually really cool because there's a ton of literary elements that add tons of subtext that you don't normally see in tv shows let alone cartoons aimed at children.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I saw this chick at the Con! She's a loving pedophile, she came by herself and left with like three 15 year old boys.

go on

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

I saw all three of them get in her 1976 Plymouth Volare and drive off into the sunset. She probably had her way with them. A really muscular man came dressed as Finn to an earlier con and everyone called him out on it for trying to do the same thing. It's like a double standard I guess.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

mind the walrus posted:

Gravity Falls is cute but I have no loving clue what grown adults are doing watching it.

Because it's funny. :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RAGE HOLE posted:

Because it's funny. :(

I watched like 3 episodes and I didn't hear a single joke that'd be funny to an adult. I'm sorry. I have nothing against the show, and if I had kids I'd practically force them to watch it and like it, but I just don't get what adults see in it. Kristen Schaal as a VA is also p. overrated tbh.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I don't agree with the libertine and immoral lifestyle promoted by the show op

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

mind the walrus posted:

I watched like 3 episodes and I didn't hear a single joke that'd be funny to an adult. I'm sorry. I have nothing against the show, and if I had kids I'd practically force them to watch it and like it, but I just don't get what adults see in it. Kristen Schaal as a VA is also p. overrated tbh.

A good percentage of the adults who write and produce the show seem to find it pretty funny. It is okay that you don't, but that's not because you're an adult.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RAGE HOLE posted:

A good percentage of the adults who write and produce the show seem to find it pretty funny. It is okay that you don't, but that's not because you're an adult.

That's a p. weak defense to be honest. You have no idea how the people making it view what the show is; for all you know they find it pretty funny dot dot dot "for a show made for little kids." Not that I'd ever expect you to know me but I am no stranger to liking stupid poo poo that's ostensibly for children (Doctor Who; Marvel/DC Comics, Cartoons, TV shows, and Movies) and am not afraid to catch flak for it, but Gravity Falls really does strike me as something that only functions if you're young and relatively ignorant/inexperienced. That doesn't make it bad, but I stand by my opinion here. If you have any examples that refute this opinion, I am more than open to changing my mind (and would in fact like to, it's not fun hating on stuff).

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

That's a p. weak defense to be honest. You have no idea how the people making it view what the show is; for all you know they find it pretty funny dot dot dot "for a show made for little kids." Not that I'd ever expect you to know me but I am no stranger to liking stupid poo poo that's ostensibly for children (Doctor Who; Marvel/DC Comics, Cartoons, TV shows, and Movies) and am not afraid to catch flak for it, but Gravity Falls really does strike me as something that only functions if you're young and relatively ignorant/inexperienced. That doesn't make it bad, but I stand by my opinion here. If you have any examples that refute this opinion, I am more than open to changing my mind (and would in fact like to, it's not fun hating on stuff).

OWNED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That part where that wizard inverts a bird so it's flesh and organs are inside out is p cool.

• Locked thread