Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Robbie Fowler posted:

hope you got a nice dumpster picked out OP.

cause that's where i'll put your body after i gently caress you up.

wow! should I call the cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

DaveSplitter posted:

We had our dairy guy go home yesterday before finishing his work, was that that you OP?

you work in a grocery store, how miserable are your coworkers? when was the last time you saw one cry?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I quit my job too op, but I put in my 2 weeks like a gentlemen.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

wow! should I call the cops?

Open a patreon and quote the post on twitter imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Open a patreon and quote the post on twitter imo

Fly Eagles Fly!

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I worked in a factory that only existed because of inmate labor. It sucked because I had to get up at 5 am and it didn't pay poo poo, but was otherwise pretty fun

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also note that if you ask my current employer for a reference (as opposed to a named person) we literally ignore the three-page reference questionnaires and poo poo that companies send and just reply with "DAVE SMITH worked here from XX.XX.XXXX to XX.XX.XXXX, his job title was ASSISTANT lovely FUCKBOY - lots of love, HR team"

this company is worth 20 billion euros

Company I work for does this too, but we also say whether or not the employee is eligible for rehire. If they walk off the job without giving two weeks, they aren't.

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
You did the right thing OP

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Company I work for does this too, but we also say whether or not the employee is eligible for rehire. If they walk off the job without giving two weeks, they aren't.

Your company is gay.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
I was in the middle of saving humanity from an alien race, then i was like gently caress this poo poo. I walked out in the middle of an invasion. Best feeling ever.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
loving penguin drama

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I quit my job today too, but put in my 2 weeks like an adult.

op go back and say sorry, beg to be rehired, then put in your two weeks. it's what an adult would do.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Trip Daddy X posted:

op go back and say sorry, beg to be rehired, then put in your two weeks. it's what an adult would do.

Some places are so lovely and abusive, they don't deserve to be treated with the dignified respect that adults are expected to give.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Trip Daddy X posted:

Lol

Really the department is so understaffed right now I'm surprised they aren't begging for me to come back.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Possibly Chicken posted:

Lol

Really the department is so understaffed right now I'm surprised they aren't begging for me to come back.

tbh they probably wanted to fire you forever but didn't want to pay you unemployment, so you just did them a favor.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Your job was to be a lovely rear end?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Real talk whoever gives two week notices for lovely jobs are little bitches.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
You should go back and put in a proper notice like a little grocery bagger boy bitch. Most hiring managers probably aren't gonna hear out how whack they treated you even though you did like, all the work around there while they spark a jay with you.

They're gonna throw your application in the garbage and create an impromptu team building exercise that mostly revolves around everyone in the office pissing in the trash can while your old manager lauds them over speakerphone. They will keep your application on file for this purpose. they'll post your resume online so all the other hiring managers can laugh at the little bitch who got bested by not even the freshest of produce and walked out on the job, wilting and leaking weird brown stuff like that cabbage you found behind a display fridge that was actually the worldly manifestation of your dreams. You threw that cabbage out.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should've gotten yourself fired for something that still would have left you eligible for unemployment. I got fired from a lovely big box retail job years ago because the job was boring as gently caress and I they caught me using my phone three times. Still got unemployment for a year, and then the store closed down so now I just lie on my resume to erase that gap in employment because lol they're not gonna track down records for a closed store. gently caress that place, they treated people like crap.

Gonna be kinda lovely having a two year gap on your resume.

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 11, 2014

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Possibly Chicken posted:

Walked out of my lovely rear end today

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
When I was younger, I walked out on a dumb job I had because my bosses were assholes and it felt good.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

imo you should ride a segway out of lovely jobs. Walking is bad for your legs.

E: Plus with a segway you look cool, like you don't give a gently caress that you just lost your only source of income, you're just gonna glide on outta there completely carefree (wherever we may be).

krampster2 fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

burritolingus posted:

When I was younger, I walked out on a dumb job I had because my bosses were assholes and it felt good.
This could be a movie.

• Locked thread