Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
I was watching the news earlier and they said Kenneth Bae was working for 8 hours a day 6 days a week in a labor camp in North Korea. That is less hours than I work AND he gets a day off. I gotta sign me up for some of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I saw this one documentary about living in a north korean labour camp and this one guy ratted on his whole family who was subsequently murdered for whatever thing they talked about doing. He only ever thought about escape when a new inmate told him that on the outside you can eat a whole chicken if you wanted to. This notion of eating an entire chicken filled the young man's mind and he became resolute in the idea of escape. When they decided to make the move him and a friend ran for it. His friend hit the electrified fence first and seized on it being electrocuted and all so the guy climbed over his dead friend's back and jumped the fence to freedom. And chicken.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Apthous posted:

I was watching the news earlier and they said Kenneth Bae was working for 8 hours a day 6 days a week in a labor camp in North Korea. That is less hours than I work AND he gets a day off. I gotta sign me up for some of that.

rob a bank get 3 hots and a cot and plenty of free time for loving.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Apthous posted:

My brother works twice that much, has loads of debt, a ton of health problems and is loving miserable. Gonna tell him to check out NK :toot:

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

mookface posted:

I saw this one documentary about living in a north korean labour camp and this one guy ratted on his whole family who was subsequently murdered for whatever thing they talked about doing. He only ever thought about escape when a new inmate told him that on the outside you can eat a whole chicken if you wanted to. This notion of eating an entire chicken filled the young man's mind and he became resolute in the idea of escape. When they decided to make the move him and a friend ran for it. His friend hit the electrified fence first and seized on it being electrocuted and all so the guy climbed over his dead friend's back and jumped the fence to freedom. And chicken.

Still doesn't sound that bad. Chicken gets old after a while.

TOILETLORD posted:

That is literally my backup plan if things don't get better.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

would it really be that hard for the us to secretly wipe out all of nk's top officials in one go

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
give north korea our scientologists

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSizePotato posted:

would it really be that hard for the us to secretly wipe out all of nk's top officials in one go

no but that would create way more problems for us and solve literally none

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

mookface posted:

no but that would create way more problems for us and solve literally none

this is china's fault, isn't it :cripes:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

TOILETLORD posted:

Can you bring a Kindle into prison? God I would get so much reading done, I've probably have at least a dozen books I want to read but just never get around to doing it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

Can you bring a Kindle into prison? God I would get so much reading done, I've probably have at least a dozen books I want to read but just never get around to doing it.

You'd have more on your hands than reading don't even pretend

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

Most prisons have a library. I'm not an expert but a kindle might be difficult in some prisons because it could easily be turned into shank(s)

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

If you are gay wouldn't prison be awesome?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Prison is just like somethingawful but instead of getting banned or probated you get stabbed.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Nah just go commit a crime in Norway

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I envy gay people anyways

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

mookface posted:

You'd have more on your hands than reading don't even pretend

I'm very picky about who I have sex with. Wait is there prison toilet wine? Eh, gently caress it, just get me drunk, I'm a giant whore when I'm drunk.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mookface posted:

I envy gay people anyways

i like ur avatar

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Royal Scrub posted:

Nah just go commit a crime in Norway

Trouble is their sentences are pathetic even for serious crime. Need to find the sweet spot between prison luxury and maximum sentences.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Apthous posted:

tfw when bae would rather be in nk than with me :qq:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Only if I get sent to solitary confinement. I'll be finally happy.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

I'm very picky about who I have sex with. Wait is there prison toilet wine? Eh, gently caress it, just get me drunk, I'm a giant whore when I'm drunk.

Yeah I work with some people that have spent time in prison and apparently you can get anything with relative ease. Booze, drugs, whatever. Apparently there is a lot of homosexual sex going on and the vast majority of it is consensual.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Berious posted:

Trouble is their sentences are pathetic even for serious crime. Need to find the sweet spot between prison luxury and maximum sentences.

Good point. Mexican prisons have a lot of drugs as well, but no wifi.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Like any sane person I'm against brutal torture but on the other hand there are plenty of people who would probably straighten out after a couple years of hard labor

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
most workshy lf and tumblr types would probably benefit from a few years of hard labor

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
The real question here is did he get paid overtime?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Apthous posted:

Still doesn't sound that bad. Chicken gets old after a while.

That is literally my backup plan if things don't get better.

I know a guy who robbed a bank. He used to work with me but got laid off. I think that was his backup plan. He's in prison for 5 years now.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Apthous posted:

Bae caught me working in a labor camp. Still love her doe.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

natetimm posted:

I know a guy who robbed a bank. He used to work with me but got laid off. I think that was his backup plan. He's in prison for 5 years now.

free rent is no joke

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Minimum security prison might actually beat wage slaving without a college degree.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I heard prisoners can be shot to death if they do sex without approval, maybe in a labor camp i could finally have the sex

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
The obese would be better off. Concentration camp diet would have them looking svelte in no time - plus *BAM* millions of tax $'s earmarked for fatty healthcare would be saved right there.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Yeah I was gonna say I'd be model skinny in a labor camp, finally patriarchy would love me tho idk how the dprk is with lesbians. Could I still have bony gay sex in a labour camp. Cos if so

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

mookface posted:

link? that sounds really good.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

link? that sounds really good.

Its right here and I recommend it to everyone

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/m/episodes/2013-2014/the-last-great-escape

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

I'm very picky about who I have sex with. Wait ... I'm a giant whore ... .

Gentlemen, we have our quote for the Three Olives poster. Now all we need is a photograph of his house where it doesn't look like an airplane terminal. This movie comes out in two weeks.

gentlemen: gently caress.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
someone pls answer my question about how likely I am to get some juchey pussy pls

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
bearing in mind that hard labour will make me svelte in no time

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Homosexuality is probably encouraged in the prison camp culture because creating new life in these places is a terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
mooky who changed your av I miss the old one

• Locked thread