Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
wai.t...how are you gonna build a MAC? I think you've answered your own question< OP ill be waiting for my housewarming invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u may purchase the cheapest possible furniture at IKEA, OP. it is extremely need suiting. perhaps scour your local CRAIGS LIST for a couch.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

yeah put a cat6 ethernet whatever jack point in your laundry.

hope ur cows are wifi enabled op

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

born on a buy you posted:

a guy and a girl sit on a futon bathed in a warm red light coming from the pcs leds. he slide close and whispers in her ear, "yeah baby, it's water cooled. don't worry though i'm a box fan."

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

at the date posted:

He's talking about furnishing an apartment, though. lovely furniture that you won't feel bad about tossing when you move to a new city/smaller tenement closet is the best choice for most people who aren't tech billionaires.

yeah thats an important consideration ofc i was just thinking about those people who've more or less settled in a particular location/career.. tbh if you cant see yourself living there more than a couple of years just order whatever ikea set suits u.. a couple of years is about how long they last anyway :nexus:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
something to consider is that there is no ikea here

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you order it from the catalog duh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i did that with my bed + ohre poo poo when i moved here. it cost a lot of money!

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
I knew a kid who would sleep on the floor in a rat's nest type of blanket situation because they sleep on the floor in Japan, he told me, except I don't think the sleep among disgusting filth and next to discarded bags of food without any padding or mattresses. so don't do that, OP, and you'll be golden

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gnrk posted:

I knew a kid who would sleep on the floor in a rat's nest type of blanket situation because they sleep on the floor in Japan, he told me, except I don't think the sleep among disgusting filth and next to discarded bags of food without any padding or mattresses. so don't do that, OP, and you'll be golden

no wonder tentacles such a fantasy in japan!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gnrk posted:

wai.t...how are you gonna build a MAC? I think you've answered your own question< OP ill be waiting for my housewarming invite

????

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gnrk posted:

it's called hackingtoshing and it's the highets level of hacking you can achieve. you need at least a black hate to even access the site about how to hackingtosh

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smythe posted:

u may purchase the cheapest possible furniture at IKEA, OP. it is extremely need suiting. perhaps scour your local CRAIGS LIST for a couch.

used couch? sit on the floor imho, way less gross.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
USED COUCH ftw

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 398 days!
cruise around in some janky areas until u find a stray couch, then take it in (after checking for collar/tags ofc u dont want 2 accidentally steal somebodys couch)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

buy a second hand bed dont be such a fuckin pussy

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ignore swamp stains

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

buy the computer and use the left over money to buy bean bags & weed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

ignore swamp stains

become
the stain

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

suspend your body in midair

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I left all of my stuff in my old house. Divorce decree said that whatever I didn't take was hers. Much cheaper than a dumpster/moving van.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lian Li always reachin for the stars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUOVIAgnadk

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

i think this is kinda cool :blush:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Silver Alicorn posted:

buy the computer and use the left over money to buy bean bags & weed

correct

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

buy the computer and use the left over money to buy bean bags of weed

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I spent roughly 1/3 of my supercomputer build budget on a spare single bed for the office with all quality linens, a side table and a lamp :qq: At least it looks a little smarter in here now the random jumbled bookshelf contents are tidied away into a cupboard.

OP if u are under 30 buy the PC, time for regrets comes later.

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?
if your gaming rig specs price out to the same as a respectable, grown-assed-man redecoration you've got serious issues

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

tbh I'd rather have a nice bed than an expensive computer

computer doesn't catch you up on lost sleep because you're sleeping on the floor

also bean bags are kinda expensive if you don't want the "rips apart in 3 months" variety

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i enjoy a good fast computer and am amazed by the raw compute power these days. i have a middlin i5 with a 1gb video card that is still not stretched by most of what i do so much as i might want a faster computer i'll never bother because it will have no perceivable benefit other than e-peen++

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i have a macbook air and it plays games ok

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
u guys need to play rod rocket it'll bring your pc
to it's knees

[through pure inefficiency]

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Silver Alicorn posted:

tbh I'd rather have a nice bed than an expensive computer

computer doesn't catch you up on lost sleep because you're sleeping on the floor

um who needs sleep when there's raids and sweet loot to get?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Farecoal posted:

um who needs sleep when there's raids and sweet loot to get?

when I was 20 and short on irl friends, yeah

not anymore

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

having a comfortable bed with nice sheets is one of the joys of my life

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

qirex posted:

having a comfortable bed with nice sheets is one of the joys of my life

yeah especially one without some weirdo other person's stains on it from when they shat the bed or spilled a gallon of iced tea on themselves or whatever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

odds are i'm the idiot with the iced tea

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wait what kind of garbage furniture are you getting that a couch, bookcase, and a nightstand cost as little as a computer. lol.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

walmart.com/furniture

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I can't decide between feeding my kids and buying a sweet new rig. How many cans of baby formula do one fan with LEDs cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

should i furnish my apartment or build a sweetgaming/programming pc
no, you should not.

• Locked thread