Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Hey maybe if we're eating better food we can be better friends eh? That's what I'm thinking at least.

I don't have a ton of cooking tips but here goes

1) put the leftover sautee'd onions and mushrooms from when you make steak on hotdogs
2) make the recipe for cheese dip on the side of a typical brick of velveeta (1/2 a brick of velveeta + 1 cup of favorite salsa melted together) - you'd think this would be a bad call given the recipes lowbrow origins but it is actually delicious
3) just get really drunk and make a gross pile out of all your available food, this totally works if you are drinking enough

so yeah other people probably have better tips but i figured I'd get the ball rolling yknow? I'm sure a lot of gbs posters are bad at cooking but maybe if we pool all our knowledge together we can finally crack the code...together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
what about microwave burritos

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

actually you want to go velveeta and rotel hot (http://www.ro-tel.com/Diced-Tomatoes-Products/Hot-Tomatoes-and-Chilies) as to the recipe on the back. Adding in some mushrooms and onions, maybe even some bell pepper, people are gonna eat the poo poo out of it.

This is the poo poo: http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-RoTel-Famous-Queso-Dip-2693.html

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how can I get more butter into my dishes?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
salt?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

a starwar betamax posted:

what about microwave burritos

are they good I'm always too sketched out to try em

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Wendigee posted:

actually you want to go velveeta and rotel hot (http://www.ro-tel.com/Diced-Tomatoes-Products/Hot-Tomatoes-and-Chilies) as to the recipe on the back. Adding in some mushrooms and onions, maybe even some bell pepper, people are gonna eat the poo poo out of it.

This is the poo poo: http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-RoTel-Famous-Queso-Dip-2693.html

this is a good idea we threw some leftover slop (sloppy joe material) into the cheese sauce a couple nights back poo poo was transcendent. And mushrooms are good with anything

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dangerburrd posted:

this is a good idea we threw some leftover slop (sloppy joe material) into the cheese sauce a couple nights back poo poo was transcendent. And mushrooms are good with anything

here is an idea i just had: sloppy joe pizza?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Put 3 kinds of your favorite cheese between 2 slices of bread with some onions.

Butter the upsides of both pieces of bread, do not drop on floor unless you like eating hair in which case do so.

Fry in pan.

Feel Truly American.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

oh and make chili and other things for leftovers and save money I guess?

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D-e8Kgw3-w

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tGu24dvE0g

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
it thougt about putting leftover chili on a hotdog … but then I didn't ...

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

really been looking for unfriendly cooking tips, thanks for the try tho op

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
what you cooking?

jk i don't give a poo poo add some onions and garlic

"but what if i already put onion and garlic?" gently caress you add more

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
making a soup? do the above but also add carrots and celery

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

darkwing cuck posted:

what you cooking?

jk i don't give a poo poo add some onions and garlic

"but what if i already put onion and garlic?" gently caress you add more

This is legit good advice. I am currently making a chicken stew that has a fuckton of onion and garlic along with other exotic, delicious, and sometimes perplexing ingredients! It is going to be amazing in about an hour.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

dangerburrd posted:

1) put the leftover sautee'd onions and mushrooms from when you make steak on hotdogs

How is it possible to have leftover sauteed mushrooms?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Sauer posted:

How is it possible to have leftover sauteed mushrooms?

It only happened that one time and im not sure myself, admittedly

a starwar betamax posted:

here is an idea i just had: sloppy joe pizza?

This could work, there's a pizza place near me that puts the toppings UNDER the cheese, similar principle and it is very good. Definitely run into problems with the cheese all coming off in one bite, does anyone have tips to stop that from happening??

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dangerburrd posted:

This could work, there's a pizza place near me that puts the toppings UNDER the cheese, similar principle and it is very good. Definitely run into problems with the cheese all coming off in one bite, does anyone have tips to stop that from happening??

yeah mebbe try putting the toppings ON TOP OF THE PIZZA? ? ? ? .

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

darkwing cuck posted:

let go of the past

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

darkwing cuck posted:

well obviously but that happens with regular pizza too I mean in general

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dangerburrd posted:

well obviously but that happens with regular pizza too I mean in general

oh i dunno then i don't normally have that problem w pizza so i assumed it was due to the presence of bottomings

e: maybe use a fork and knife but then yr one of those people who uses a fork and knife on 'za

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
embrace the new pizza paradigm

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
if you have a blender you can make your own guac, just be careful not to use too much lime

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Ensure + vodka on ice. No need to cook poo poo.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Solid Poopsnake posted:

embrace the new pizza paradigm

could the toppings be integrated INTO the cheese? middlings, could be an interesting idea

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

dangerburrd posted:

could the toppings be integrated INTO the cheese? middlings, could be an interesting idea

I put the toppings in my mouth, then the cheese, then the sauce, then the dough, and then just shove a blowtorch in there for about five minutes

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
MY GIRLFRIEND brought me a frozen pot pie her dad made and i cooked that up for dinner tonight, no clue on how it's made so no tips on preparation but honestly the greatest cooking tip of all is to surround yourself with people who are better at cooking than you to learn from

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
BTW i stickied this thread for ever. if its ever unstickied it will also erase all SA data and dewstroy the servers fiy

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
FRIENDTIP: never eat texas bbq it is for bads and racists and people with tumblr accounts

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQpK6H3LP8

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Office Commando posted:

FRIENDTIP: never eat texas bbq it is for bads and racists and people with tumblr accounts

this is wrong

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

sorry bbz it is right it is a struggle to understand but i believe in you

naem
May 29, 2011

Are you a horrible single man child? Get a crock pot. They're like $15 bucks.

Ingriesients:

*Boneless frozen chicken parts in a bag for like $11 which lasts a week

*chicken soup broth in a big can or square thing that looks like milk but it's not it's chicken juice

*celery an baby carrots and maybe other vegetables if you're fancy

*potatos or rice or both

*electricity

-combine ingreidnets in the pot except the electricity, that goes in the plug
-turn the pot on
-wait, wash the vegetables did I say that yet? Chop them up so they fit in the pot

-go to bed

-wake up to delicious chicken soup for like $2 a serving

-if you eat all the meat part of the soup and have broth left in the pot add rice or potatos again and just leave it on when you go to work, and come home to even more soup

-actually if you time it right you. We'd never turn the pot off, just keep adding ingrieetsets as needed and wait 8 hours between eatings

-congeatulatindions

naem
May 29, 2011

Did I say garlic?? Is pretty good,

naem
May 29, 2011

For a little "south fo the boarder" flavor add a little lime juice and hot sauce to your soup you are eating all alone and remember that one hot Mexican girl you dated that one time and her boobs and stuff

naem
May 29, 2011

sometimes, late at night, that
Is
When the mole
People come,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

naem posted:

Did I say garlic?? Is pretty good,