Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
There's a unicorn living in the forest near my house

unicorn :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

i think it's probably because that sort of poo poo is not exactly studied or reported in places where "trying to find food, water and shelter" is a higher present priority than "sociological surveys"

thats my point we cant do much more than wonder cuz its not the sort of thing you can easily study

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

Mad Man Pusco posted:

4chan-esque trollbait threads in GBS? It's more likely than you think!

The OP was more like original-SA humor that the real-talk posters in this thread don't seem to be getting.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Marv Albert posted:

The OP was more like original-SA humor that the real-talk posters in this thread don't seem to be getting.

A little troll goes a long way these days

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
i suffered from depression for awhile. Turns out I was mostly just being a bitch.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
nah theres some fuckin crazy africans for sure

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

babypolis posted:

thats my point we cant do much more than wonder cuz its not the sort of thing you can easily study

it's probably greater in lovely places imo because there is a feedback loop between physical and mental health, if one slips the other is probably going to take a hit as well

but we also have definitions of mental illness that are culturally dependent and might not be applicable outside of the culture they came from

if you look at things like early buddhism you can see it as a kind of a salve against worldview and thought patterns that might be categorized as depressive in modern society

but there's a lot more to "mental illness" than just depression

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

it's probably greater in lovely places imo because there is a feedback loop between physical and mental health, if one slips the other is probably going to take a hit as well

but we also have definitions of mental illness that are culturally dependent and might not be applicable outside of the culture they came from

if you look at things like early buddhism you can see it as a kind of a salve against worldview and thought patterns that might be categorized as depressive in modern society

but there's a lot more to "mental illness" than just depression

true i can see how depression can be more detrimental to survial tan say bipolar disorder while schizophrenia is like playing russian roulette with life you either end up as jesus or die in the streets

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently in africa and india schizophrenic voices are friendly and helpful while in the usa they mostly yell at you and call you names.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Tautologicus posted:

Apparently in africa and india schizophrenic voices are friendly and helpful while in the usa they mostly yell at you and call you names.

We got the short end of THAT stick. Of course there's ebola. So we're still ahead.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
I'm figuratively replying to this thread RIGHT NOW!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

laughed too hard and my rear end literally fell off. now i can't poop. thanks mentally ill ppl

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you might say i'm... down in the dumps... about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
lots of people in gbs keep saying they are gay, which is a mental illness & a very real one at that

• Locked thread