Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Talking with some of the others in IRC chat, I figure both Jed and Artie are considered the parental figures of the group (for good and bad), since we're the oldest.

In addition to the "Dear Lord, I'm surrounded by kids" aspect, Jed would be quick to notice with "the kids", they acquired their powers, whether by training (Lutwidge and SpaceCrab) or by supernatural deal (Jake and Amaryllis )- by choice, they pretty much chose to be like this. Again, Arthur got his skills by surviving Factory 7, while Jed got his by ...not surviving. Something else to note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, the younger kids are all ones who took this path by choice, while Jeb and Artie are well. "Survivors" in a sense. Jeb didn't choose to become what he is, and Artie only became this way by choice and then just kept rolling with it because hey, a job's a job.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
On the other hand, you could argue that Jake's choice was "take my offer, or die/be crippled for life", and Spacecrab will get the ET Syndrome eventually. Aspen and Amaryllis...eh, you got us there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay yeah that's fair, Jake's choice was pretty do or die.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
GAME THREAD IS UP! Reminder that you start with Fate points equal to the number of Aspects your character has. Good luck, all!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
One day I will figure out how to size pictures properly for this site. One day.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
How do you want to handle turn order? Do defense and then our actions in the same turn, or what?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

How do you want to handle turn order? Do defense and then our actions in the same turn, or what?

Yes, pretty much this. Keep doing how you're doing, and they just get resolved in the order posted. Fate/Atomic Robo doesn't really model the nitty-gritty of combat so there's not an initiative order present in the game iirc. (It is pretty easy to add one though)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Okay crap, so uh

I'm going to compel Jed with his temporary aspect to go tumble into the hold with Spacecrab.

You up for it?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Hmm, is it assumed that we are all in radio contact with each other? Or is the storm, holds in the ship, etc. making that impossible?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Spincut posted:

Hmm, is it assumed that we are all in radio contact with each other? Or is the storm, holds in the ship, etc. making that impossible?

You're all in fancy future radio contact out here, yes. Staying in touch isn't a problem.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Just as a heads up, since no-one is on the irc at the moment, I'll post it here. I'm going to wrap up this first scene pretty soon, so make with your final preparations. The SS Miskie is gonna set sail soon, TOOT TOOT

Edit: Also, I'm aware holidays are coming up, so I'll gladly let this snooze around Christmas and pick it up again after New Years if/when needs be.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 10, 2014

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I think Jake is happy with what he has currently, so no changes for me.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Realizing the book is totally unclear on which skill would apply to remove a physical consequence. Science, I presume?...

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Realizing the book is totally unclear on which skill would apply to remove a physical consequence. Science, I presume?...

Usually, it's whatever skill you can justify recovering the consequence with. So if you're just ignoring it and powering on, it's Physique. You can, of course, make up a skill to do with medical procedures and healing. Science will do for this particular instance.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's the Christmas party at work tomorrow, so update will come sometime this weekend. :)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Merry Christmas, everyone! Did you get what you wanted from Cthulhu Claus this year? :cthulhu:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone! Did you get what you wanted from Cthulhu Claus this year? :cthulhu:

In a very non-Euclidean means of trade, I bought myself Eldritch Horror to count as my mom buying it for me.

Also I bought Masks of Nyarlathotep for someone in the TradGames Secret Santa, so double Cthulhu this year!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Trapped in snow on the roads right now, but will post tomorrow!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Remember to throw sand under your car!

Also, if you're stuck in sand, throw some snow under your car!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Figure this is as good a time as any to mention I'm not gonna be around until likely New Year's Day, heading out for tonight and New Year's Eve and probably won't be around online much. If anyone needs me, throw a PM my way.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I hear you. Probably wont be paying attention to the game until after New Year's either. Garden Warfare is surprisingly good.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

how close at hand is my giant robot/spaceship?

It's close enough. I assume you've got a call button or something to summon it. It's there when you need it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Work just punched me hard in the face so I don't have time for posting tonight, but I have enough free time tomorrow to put something up! Hang in there, operatives!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Was gonna update today but I had a disagreement with a TGI Friday's burger. I'll have something up tomorrow. FOOD POISONING CANNOT STOP ME

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 31, 2015

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm cashing in both Minor Milestones for Arthur but don't have the book on hand. Let me know if this is all correct!

1st Change: APPROACH Aspect Change - Old Reliable -> A Man-Shaped Tank From A Bygone Era.

2nd Change: I believe I can use one point to reinforce a skill and give it +1, Arthur being thrust into the limelight has mean he's had to pick up his Rapport, increasing it from +1 to +2

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I admit I'm a little stuck on how a Brainstorm starts - do I put out a hypothesis and then roll, or roll first to see who forwards the first hypothesis...?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

note: Blarg

Will post when i'm not sleeping 12 hours a day in between working and vomitting on the toilet, this has been a terrible winter.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I admit I'm a little stuck on how a Brainstorm starts - do I put out a hypothesis and then roll, or roll first to see who forwards the first hypothesis...?

The second - everybody rolls off to see who gets to establish the first fact. The simultaneous aspect of the roll is kind of a problem, but if you spoiler-tag your rolls (or PM me if the honor system doesn't work for you) it should be fine.

First, though, you have to buy in by self-compelling an aspect - this gets you a free fate point just for participating, in other words!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Just a heads up, I got guard drill this weekend starting Friday, so posting will be slowed down until Sunday afternoon.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sorry about my absence! Work hit me around the face with a frying pan of workload. Please post here if you're still willing to play on.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

The Deleter posted:

Sorry about my absence! Work hit me around the face with a frying pan of workload. Please post here if you're still willing to play on.

I haven't gotten NEARLY enough mileage out of Lutwidge yet! I want to take him to the edge of madness and have him go "WHOOOOO-HOOOOOO!"

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Still corpsin' about.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Ain't gone nowhere here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Fighting the site tooth and nail as it's slow as molasses, but I'm still in.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Okay, that's great. I know Atomikkrab still hangs out in irc, so I'll ask him if he's still up for it. Might have to get a replacement for Spincut if they don't post soon.

Stay tuned, there'll be an update soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am srtill up for this, plenty of spacecrabbing left to do.

• Locked thread