Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BM?
pretty solid band
one-hit wonder horseshit
kill yourself op
View Results

• Locked thread
Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

I wanna talk about Blind Melon, and you can't stop me

The self-titled album

More than just 'No Rain,' this record is full of crunchy southern rock goodness. They did a particularly moving version of 'Change' on Letterman the day Kurt Cobain died, almost foreshadowing Shannon Hoon's way-less-cared-about death a couple years down the road

Soup

Another solid record with multiple weirdly-morbid songs, one of which is about Ed Gein. This cd has one of those weird rewind-before-track-one SECRET SONGS on it, but it's just a bullshit backwards version of 'New Life.'

Nico

The "oh god our singer died so please buy this so his daughter can go to college someday" album. Not too bad, has some fun Steppenwolf and John Lennon covers on it, as well as a grim, warbly version of No Rain. It's also an ENHANCED CD motherfuckers, you can throw this in your computer and watch postage-stamp-resolution videos and visit dead links and who knows what else, it's been a while since I checked it out

What are your memories of Blind Melon?

Brexit the Frog fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
the cover is telling me shoegaze but your post is telling me not shoegaze

is this shoegaze??

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
all i got to say as that this thread is pretty plain

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

ween is okay too sometimes

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

other acceptable underrated 90s "alternative" bands:

-Harvey Danger
-Possum Dixon

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rusty Staub posted:

Nico

The "oh god our singer died so please buy this so his daughter can go to college someday" album.
So did she?

Because a lot of 90s alternative bands made basically zero money from album sales, even some of the ones that sold well. If they didn't sell lots of tickets and shirts on tour it was a pretty rotten gig. Girl probably had to go to some low-rent Appalachia State West Bumfuck Extension Campus if the average alt-rock album is anything to go by.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
um well,

dude was in a GnR video i believe

thats my contribution to the thread, i hope yall enjoyed it

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Rusty Staub posted:

other acceptable underrated 90s "alternative" bands:

-Harvey Danger
-Possum Dixon

jellyfish

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i prefer suop it stands for shutu p op

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i've only ever heard that no rain song

i have, however, seen harvey danger a ton of times and own all 3 of their albums and a harvey danger t-shirt that i can no longer wear bc it was a 2xl and i wear larges now

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
blind lemon is superior

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

FordPRefectLL posted:

i have, however, seen harvey danger a ton of times and own all 3 of their albums and a harvey danger t-shirt that i can no longer wear bc it was a 2xl and i wear larges now

jealous

Sean's solo record was pretty badass too

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FordPRefectLL posted:

no youve heard runaway train

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Rusty Staub posted:

jealous

Sean's solo record was pretty badass too

i love the long winters + the songs where you can hear sean sing on the decemberists albums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

actually now that i think about it, where have all the merrymakers gone was like the first album i bought by myself as a kid growing up in the 90s

• Locked thread