Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ku-klux-klan-opens-its-doors-hispanic-blacks-jews-gays-1473907

quote:

White supremacist organisation, the Ku Klux Klan is rebranding as the "new Klan" by trying to increase membership to Jews, black people, gays and those of Hispanic origin.

However, all those wanting to join the ultra-right wing society will have to wear the white robes, masks and conical hats. The Klan is estimated to have between 5,000 and 8,000 members according to figures released in 2012.

The Ku Klux Klan is notorious for racist violence, including lynchings of black people. It is classified as a hate group by the anti-semitism organistion Anti-Defamation League and the civil rights law firm Southern Poverty Law Center.

The requirements for joining the new KKK group, called the Rocky Mountain Knights, are to be aged 18 and live in the Pacific Northwest.

Some black people have already expressed an interest in joining, after John Abarr organised a summit with civil rights groups.

Abarr, who has claimed that he is a former white supremacist, told the Great Falls Tribune, "The KKK is for a strong America. White supremacy is the old Klan. This is the new Klan."

Abarr has organised a peace summit with religious groups and the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP) next summer.

The KKK organiser from Great Falls, Montana told the Associated Press that he filled out a membership card to NAACP, not only paying the $30 enrollment fee but also adding a $20 donation.

Jimmy Simmons, a president of the Montana NAACP chapter, said that while he questioned the use of the letters KKK, if the peace summit took place, he would "take a strong look" at joining the Rocky Mountain Knights.

"If John Abarr was actually reformed, he could drop the label of the KKK," said Rachel Carroll-Rivas from the Montana Human Rights Network. "They know that their beliefs aren't popular, so they try to appear moderate. I think it's just a farce. Our mission for the last 24 years has been to shine a light on hatred."

However, the more traditional elements of the organisation were unhappy about the direction Abarr is heading in.

Bradley Jenkins, Imperial Wizard of the KKK, said: "That man's going against everything the bylaws of the constitution of the KKK say. He's trying to hide behind the KKK to further his political career."

In 2011 Abarr, describing himself as a former KKK organiser, ran as a Republican for Montana's seat in the US House of Representatives, reportedly believing there would be a backlash against President Obama's re-election.

According to an Associated Press report at the time, Abarr's manifesto included "promises to legalize marijuana, increase mental health programs, keep abortion legal, abolish the death penalty… and 'save the White Race.'"

At the time mainstream Republicans denounced Abarr as a racist. "There's no room for racism in our party," said Rich Hill, a former Republican congressman who lost the 2012 election for Montana's governor. "That is not what we are about, and we have never been about that."

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Crazy person does dumb crazy thing, no one is surprised. News at 11.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

its a trick

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah yeah republicans won with a lot of minority candidates this year we know

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Kill whitey.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQtysS7fB4k

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

quote:

According to an Associated Press report at the time, Abarr's manifesto included "promises to legalize marijuana, increase mental health programs, keep abortion legal, abolish the death penalty… and 'save the White Race.'"

Finally, a platform I can get behind.

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001

quote:

In 2011 Abarr, describing himself as a former KKK organiser, ran as a Republican for Montana's seat in the US House of Representatives, reportedly believing there would be a backlash against President Obama's re-election.

all of this seems reasonable, nothing out of place here

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdcBAC6rllQ

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

crowoutofcontext posted:

"promises to legalize marijuana, increase mental health programs, keep abortion legal, abolish the death penalty… and 'save the White Race.'"

Those all sound like good ideas to me...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
except save teh white race god white people suck we can all agree

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
Race is so loving stupid

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I think this is great. Everyone should be able to hate regardless of their sexual orientation, race, religion or skin color.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
now there'll be 20 different groups all called The Real Klan and Original Klan

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Vanilla Klux

Klanilla

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Someone should join and report back to the group. Surely there's plenty of people on here who meet their stringent requirements; 18 & from the NW.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i want kolonel klanders original recipe

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
They really should just get involved in politics and vote their interests

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Now let me generalize a whole group of people based on nothing more then skin color.

fyodor posted:

except save teh white race god white people suck we can all agree

whoops too late.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
"yeah all you minorities go into the clubhouse and shut the doors air tight, time for a peace summit" *readies zyklon b*

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hrm. i didn't account for the possibility of some jokester coining "cocoa klux"

problematic

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
seriously tho is there any more embarrassing way to die than showing up to a kkk meeting expecting a laid back diversity party

"well my nigga terrell went to the kkk meeting yeah he dead now lol"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm gonna start a gays only chapter. We must secure a future for gay white children.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Pic of the man in question departing a meeting with civil rights activists.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

This guy looks AWFULLY cynical

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
Huh. Interesting. Who was that one slave guy who became free and then hated slaves and wanted his own?

Literally, I'm not saying that's what this guy is. I should look him up. If a group really feels marginalized, they should just vote and not burn crosses

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Photo of their first recruit.

oak meadows
Aug 9, 2014

With each post I strive to improve my technique

just skimmed to see if anyone posted this video lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

crowoutofcontext posted:

the word youre looking for is skeptical

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SmokaDustbowl posted:

famous original klan

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Which??

This guy skeptical AWFULLY cynical

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Abolish the death penalty unless you're black, gay, jewish, a liberal, muslim, or french.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'm the Grand Wizard, and I'm down with the Jews. Hippies, homosexuals, and retards too.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Mange Mite posted:

he can be two things don't stereotype. not all blacks are internet skeptics.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ThisGuy posted:

Literally, I'm not saying that's what this guy is. I should look him up. If a group really feels marginalized, they should just vote and not burn crosses
Yeah, voting always makes a difference.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Mange Mite posted:

famous original klan

Klu Klux Klan Klassic

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

quote:

sounds like some good poo poo for sure. where do i sign up

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Kuato posted:

Someone should join and report back to the group. Surely there's plenty of people on here who meet their stringent requirements; 18 & from the NW.

yeah, sure. some people here can join "ironically"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo he's going to ruin the entire klan with this nonsense, cmon guys, we gotta save the KKK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Close enough.

• Locked thread