Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
My brother got this game (full price) on the PS4 with the intention of soothing me over until MGS5 came out. I really had no intention of getting the game beforehand, but I decided to play. And I finished the game. And I never touched it again. It's not that it's bad, but the replayability wasn't worth it to me. But I can see what you're talking about with how Garrett is kind of a loving hypocrite now. And how his arguements against Erin kind of falls flat due to that.

Oh, just for the thread, the developers went on and on about how they designed Garrett's outfit to be as quiet as possible, with the help of real-life clothing designers. I understand the idea behind his outfit, is what I'm saying. Also, same thing with the Crossbow (which we'll see later, I'm sure). And to be honest, Bobbin's LP's of this series and this game are why I picked up archery in the first place. That, and my brother just kind of bought a beginner's kit one day and I got kind of good with it.

Thank you for this LP, Bobbin, because I really don't feel like going back and finding what I missed in the side missions. And stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

AccidentalHipster posted:

I showed this to a friend of mine who lurks here every now and then and he actually noted something interesting. When I brought up how much not-Batman and not-Robin were impossible to give a crap about due to being complete taffers, he mentioned how they seemed especially stupid because of how not-Robin's use of The Claw seemed to be being treated like a drug addiction. It kept being brought up as the source of her shittiness as a thief despite her attitude being the clear source, and the way they fought over it in the cutscene at the end reminded him of the inevitable tussle over an addiction source from every single "Drugs are Bad Very Special Episode" ever. When I told him that it became a major tool in Garret's arsenal he flipped at the lovely storytelling and disregard for the classic Rope Arrow.

Eh, the game gives a "meh" justification for that, but I'd like to hear Bobbin's thoughts on it. When it comes up, of course.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Also, that combat system. It's just kinda a simon-says QTE? What happens if two guards attack you at once?

Sucks to be you, then.

You run like crazy or load a previous save.

• Locked thread