Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Because like any good villain he understands that style and flair trump practicalities. He put a lot of effort into creating his cool little dystopian world that some schmuck is gonna go turn over, stop being so mean, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

bhlaab posted:

Oh so instead of being very stupid the reason is incredibly stupid

That can be cool sometimes

I think the problem is that Garrett is just a dumb non-entity. It's not really clear what he cares about or why he's doing anything. I guess he want to get to the bottom of the Erin thing, but even that seems be an "eh might as well" sort of thing.
Bizarre, since in Thief 1 you can get an almost crystal clear picture of Real Garrett's motives, personality, and rationale just by listening to the one minute long intro to the first mission.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u42J-KemusY

BaxterBaron's over there, RojoGraven's there, me right smack in the middle.

Now you've got me wishing the game was just a giant copy of a Fistful of Dollars set in a thiefy steampunk world.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Onmi posted:

I don't think there's any other field where someone comes up to you and tries to tell you how to do your job and does it with such earnest glee.

As sad as it is, most careers feature this. If you're lucky the boss that's genuinely trying to contribute will just be uninformed about the project because they're working a bunch of them. At worst they don't even realize that they don't understand the work.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Lazy Bear posted:

"Can you make it 'pop' more?" Six words guaranteed to make any creative person want to throttle you.

plot twist, it's a pop music band.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Ghost Stromboli posted:

Also, maybe I missed it but has it been mentioned what those guys at the beginning of Thi4f were planning to do with the Primal and the ritual before it got all hosed up? I know the Gloom is apparently a result of it, but was their plan literally just manufacturing a plague?

Look man, they really needed to know how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop and this was the only way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Idk about sequel hooks including Bobbin's predicted next lp, but I know what the game should have had at the end of the credits:

As the credits fade out the scene changes to water lapping up against a smoldering pile of rubble. The coals crackle lightly, but are suddenly interrupted by a crashing sound as a hand punches its way free of the rubble. As the camera shifts into focus one thing becomes clear. That wasn't a hand. Jim Beam is back bitches.

• Locked thread