Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
wouldn't even have cost him politically or anything, just a brief display of compassion, but he's still all 'NOPE'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dongattack posted:

outside of FYAD and GBS are the lands of the protogoon where a eternal struggle is fought over who is the most uncorrupted, who is the biggest beacon of hope and who is the "nicest guy"

thankfully ITT you can say whatever you want

i think walter white should have cut his wife and retard son up and made meth from the remains

edit: and resurrected hitler

show might have been interesting then

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

DoctorTristan posted:

commissioner dude who won't console kima's partner after she gets shot because OMG LESBOS >> all of these

just watched that episode actually. when they are all listening to the tape from kima: undercover operative and everyone is either on the verge of tears, throwing a fit or puking, he's just looking at them like "eh, i dont understand why this matters"

that guy was a dick

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Fetus Tree posted:

show might have been interesting then

the loving dinnertable scenes almost ruined that show for me

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
didn't he think they were roommates? also isnt that the one that thought some random guy was lt. daniels bc he was white hahah

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

police cool guy list

bunk > freamon > kima > daniels > massey > beadie > mcnulty's kids > mcnulty > mello > bunny > sydnor > carver > rawls > landsman > polk/mahon > undercover cop murdered by prez > prez > crutchfield > cole > santangelo > beachhouse lieutenant > dozerman > angry lieutenant > corrupt guy who beats up donut

forgot herc...the western district way

also cmon cool lester smooth was kind of a sanctimonious dick

also i like uh i think his name's norris...bald white homicide detective

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Absalom Baird posted:

i forgot about herc and burrell but freamon deserves #2 spot on list. yeah he was a dick but he was basically more charismatic and capable mcnulty

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Absalom Baird posted:

forgot herc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3hD9ZbguIg

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Absalom Baird posted:

He was a former Baltimore police commissioner IRL. I think he got thrown out for corruption and had an AM talk show for a while.

No mention of Snoop yet? Or Prop Joe? Both were pretty cool, IMO. Bunk was probably my favorite, though, even if I'm not quite sure why

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 10, 2014

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvY285GNN0&t=170s
for real tho how you gonna forget herc

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
snoop buys a nail gun .avi

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
The saddest thing about the wire is the last season.

Is is like self insertion fanfic compared to the other seasons.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

uG posted:

snoop buys a nail gun .avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The Sopranos, is better

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Nobody loves Bubbles :(

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Nobody loves Bubbles :(

hes too depressing

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

hes too depressing

He had a happy ending, though :unsmith:. Not gonna lie, I teared up a little at his final scene

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Crow Jane posted:

He had a happy ending, though :unsmith:. Not gonna lie, I teared up a little at his final scene

tbh i dont remember his final scene, i just remember him being generally ok and then ~*life on the streets*~ got to him and hosed it all up again

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Goongratz on missing the point of the show, i guess.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

tbh i dont remember his final scene, i just remember him being generally ok and then ~*life on the streets*~ got to him and hosed it all up again

He was clean and sober for the whole last season, working a couple jobs and everything. He gave a really nice speech at NA or whatever, and his last scene was him sitting down to dinner with his sister and her kid. I liked Bubbles a lot, and it was really nice that his arc ended on a positive note

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Can't help but respect a person less when they clearly ingest a lot of media but haven't watched The Wire

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sakarja posted:

Goongratz on missing the point of the show, i guess.

yeah i get it its all about futility and the cyclical nature of bull poo poo blah blah

goongratz on being so autistic that you cant understand why taht might be depressing to somebody

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Fetus Tree posted:

yeah i get it its all about futility and the cyclical nature of bull poo poo blah blah

goongratz on being so autistic that you cant understand why taht might be depressing to somebody

No, this is all wrong. As others have already mentioned, his story ends on a positive note. The Wire was sort of optimistic when it came to individuals, but hopelessly nihilistic about institutions. But I agree about the cyclical bullshit. The Kids turning into carbon copies of older characters in season 5 was downright embarrassing.

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009
I saw someone wearing a "Carcetti for Mayor" shirt once, I really want one for some reason.

Either that or a Clay Davis shirt.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The best thing about The Sopranos is that you can get on Youtube and watch just the mob poo poo and never have to watch another minute of the wife lady bitching at meadow in the kitchen and Tony loving whatever new chick every four episodes and the gripping drama of what happens when AJ gets in trouble at school and the thrilling life and times of the goddamn shrink lady

The bad thing about it is that you realize that Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo are the most interesting characters and that the show is mostly a five-lap slog through "mob guy gets out of jail > oops he's crazy > tony has him whacked and/or sent back to jail + christopher is on drugs" and is really not that good of a show

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Wow I completely forgot about this whole arc. What a good show.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQv6KTfQow

the wire is good. i watched the entire series in a week, its that good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiwDMK0H09o

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Tujague posted:

The best thing about The Sopranos is that you can get on Youtube and watch just the mob poo poo and never have to watch another minute of the wife lady bitching at meadow in the kitchen and Tony loving whatever new chick every four episodes and the gripping drama of what happens when AJ gets in trouble at school and the thrilling life and times of the goddamn shrink lady

The bad thing about it is that you realize that Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo are the most interesting characters and that the show is mostly a five-lap slog through "mob guy gets out of jail > oops he's crazy > tony has him whacked and/or sent back to jail + christopher is on drugs" and is really not that good of a show

Well, it peters out basically in the fourth season but honestly the stuff with Tony bitching about being a dad is some of the best stuff in the show why would you want to skip that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fetus Tree posted:

he gets a happy ending and stops being a junkie why is that depressing

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Must be a racist

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
The best thing about the wire is that all the random police work lets do a bunch of paperwork or silently investigate this crime scene poo poo is really loving interesting too.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mange Mite posted:

he gets a happy ending and stops being a junkie why is that depressing

Ok sorry it was depressing for the four or whatever years it took until the nice conclusion

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I really, really liked all the interactions between Bubbles and Kima.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Obviously he's a monster but goddamn Marlo is a G

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Crow Jane posted:

I really, really liked all the interactions between Bubbles and Kima.

Me too

I didnt like the time mcnutty gave him all that extra cash and he relapsed

Iirc bubs even resisted on the cash but mcnutty insisted

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

the culminator posted:

Obviously he's a monster but goddamn Marlo is a G

Most of the people in the wire are bad people. Even bubbles is a thief, even if hes sympathetic

Also i have a srs,crush on mcnuttys wife

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the best character is ci #238, fuzzy dunlop

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Mcnulty's wife and Theresa the campaign lady were the baddest chicks on the show. Those titties I swear.

D's girl and Nareese Campbell honorable mentions

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Fetus Tree posted:

Most of the people in the wire are bad people. Even bubbles is a thief, even if hes sympathetic

Also i have a srs,crush on mcnuttys wife

D's girl is the hottest but the port guy's baby mama is the runner up

"leave through the back and I'll pick you up, don't let my parents know you're here"
"nic we have a kid together"
"...they're decent people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Also lesters girl is 10/10

• Locked thread