Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Their sauces are good, their soups are good, you may get a butt-ton of salad on the side but it's not a horrible quality salad. Overall, there are much worse places I have eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Now lets here your opinion on Applebees

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ive never been there how does it compare to the great spaghetti factory

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You could do worse, but that's because it's basically impossible to gently caress up any combination of starch + cheese + oil.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

Now lets here your opinion on Applebees

They have little tablets at all the tables now where you can pay your bill, it's nice for people who are :spergin: and don't like human contact. Their food is kinda crappy but at least it's priced right.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i worked there way back and it was actually a really clean kitchen as restaurants go
i understand chicken castellina hasnt been on the menu for a long time though so there doesnt seem to be much point in going id rather make some marsala beef tips than go out for chicken marsala at the olive garden

oh wait its a good place to propose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uce_TdDNmo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is true but as someone who grew up in NJ where there's a surfeit of great Italian-American food I just can't force myself to eat it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My mother is Sicilian so we weren't allowed to go to scrub tier italian restaurants or eat bologna or anything. It was all La Rocca and Prosciutto for us kids

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I like the salmon.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mookface posted:

My mother is Sicilian so we weren't allowed to go to scrub tier italian restaurants or eat bologna or anything. It was all La Rocca and Prosciutto for us kids
and now you design onsite structures for turd mining in a canadian turd mine you fell a long ways mookface

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

and now you design onsite structures for turd mining in a canadian turd mine you fell a long ways mookface

Fell a long way from being italian? Impossible. the fall couldn't be that far.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Speaking as an Italian-Sicilian, Olive Garden's the McDonald's of Italian food. I can cook better and tastier at home.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mookface posted:

Fell a long way from being italian? Impossible. the fall couldn't be that far.

I love an Italian who knows his place.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

when I was like 16 we went to olive garden one time and pretended to be waiting for people while we ate free salad and breadsticks for an hour

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

I love an Italian who knows his place.

Half Italian

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Actually, it's bad

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
you know i think olive garden is the only chain restaurant I have never been to in my life.

tbh i doubt i am missing much.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
otoh unlimited soup and breadsticks does sound p. good.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
olive garden is pretty mediocre in bed

source: my ex gf is olive garden

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Korthal posted:

Their sauces are good, their soups are good, you may get a butt-ton of salad on the side but it's not a horrible quality salad. Overall, there are much worse places I have eaten.

The chicken alfredo is the best :unsmith:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Korthal posted:

They have little tablets at all the tables now where you can pay your bill, it's nice for people who are :spergin: and don't like human contact. Their food is kinda crappy but at least it's priced right.

So basically you can eat frozen poo poo in public while eliminating human contract. Just get some frozen meals and a box of cheap wine and eat them home alone, what is wrong with people?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

So basically you can eat frozen poo poo in public while eliminating human contract. Just get some frozen meals and a box of cheap wine and eat them home alone, what is wrong with people?

You have to clean it up after and you might accidentally read the nutritional information

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was dealing with real Italians who cry tears anytime someone comes up and rapes their culture by calling their arancini "risotto balls".

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

Three Olives posted:

what is your idea of frozen meals and cheap wine?

cant see a man like yourself chowing down on hungry man and boxed wine.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Korthal posted:

Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was dealing with real Italians who cry tears anytime someone comes up and rapes their culture by calling their arancini "risotto balls".

people who don't pronounce it pawsta can go to hell

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I really like Olive Garden salad. It's horribly unhealthy but goddamn it's always crunchy and the dressing is pretty drat good too. And peperoncinis should just be put in loving everything.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
For a place that advertises itself on pasta you'd think they would at least make the pasta correctly. (They don't even boil it with salt).

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Kukash posted:

what is your idea of frozen meals and cheap wine?

cant see a man like yourself chowing down on hungry man and boxed wine.

Franzia and Lean Cuisine, I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
Olive Garden is

not very good :twisted:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

olive garden might be a poor use of money since it's just alright and costs the same as much better places. on the other hand you can get all the nutritional info reliably unlike the good italian restaurant that probably tastes better. if you're trying not to be a fatass this could be important, or you could just run marathons all the time i guess

Korthal
May 26, 2011

CrashCat posted:

it's just alright

That's really the whole point of this thread.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Corn Thongs posted:

Actually, it's bad

actually its probably better than a lot of restaurants

por exemplo in reform alabama it would be michelin rated

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Korthal posted:

That's really the whole point of this thread.

If they're so good, how come the chain is going down the shitter ?

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
What I can't understand is the long lines outside the one near me...who in their right mind would wait for Olive Garden?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZS4Jn6gRM

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Drfishback posted:

What I can't understand is the long lines outside the one near me...who in their right mind would wait for Olive Garden?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZS4Jn6gRM

using a sample size of me and my wife, people who can't afford to eat out, but whose family gave them their unwanted olive garden gift cards

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I never went to the olive garden because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKZS4Jn6gRM

E: holy gently caress...beaten...

E2: Looking back, it doesn't seem that bad

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Decebal posted:

If they're so good, how come the chain is going down the shitter ?
so good is not the same as alright. also pizza hut used to be so good and now barely qualifies as alright. being good once does not entitle you to permanent good status

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

This is true but as someone who grew up in NJ where there's a surfeit of great Italian-American food I just can't force myself to eat it.

this

sometimes i think there is too much italian tbh

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
I went to Olive Garden™ in 2009 in the pouring rain, after seeing Barack Obama™ speak at my (then) university. Abe's Honest Truth.

That was the only time I've been to Olive Garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
parents took me to olive garden sometime around '94 and and even being from white suburbia, both myself and parents thought it was hot garbage and haven't been back since.

• Locked thread