Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I don't see how this is controversial, frankly.

Here's the whole section in context:

quote:

“But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they dyke is more of a knockout than Janay Rice/ Play nice? Bitch I’ll punch Lana Del Rey right in the face twice, like Ray Rice in broad daylight in the plain sight of the elevator surveillance/ ’Til her head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens.”

I think hitting women is funny and so I think this is funny

Take that Matriarchy :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i for one am shocked, absolutely shocked, that eminem is saying something offensive. he used to be such a nice boy.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i, too, take the things rapper say seriously when they are freestyle rapping

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
i hope he doesnt do that

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

FordPRefectLL posted:

i for one am shocked, absolutely shocked, that eminem is saying something offensive. he used to be such a nice boy.

where did he go wrong????? where did we, as a nation, go wrong??

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I would fully support this measure, in fact I think it's a travesty she'd only get two smacks in the mouth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
His real name is Marshall Mathers III. Dude's pathetic.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oh look, a white guy rapper is a lovely pathetic human being.

i don't know if we can really attribute stuff eminem says to marshall mathers necessarily. i've always looked at the stuff he says kind of like mark twain's characters being super racist. i think it is a little weird of us to get all bent out of shape about someone who writes a form of fiction having one of their characters say something.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
in retrospect, eminem is the only rapper with something to say

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

uG posted:

uh del the funky homosapien

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

decent rhymes tbh

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah he once rapped about how he was a cannibal and no one batted an eye so NBD.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

i think mister m&m could do with some education on feminism

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

BigBoss posted:

Yeah he once rapped about how he was a cannibal and no one batted an eye so NBD.

his stan character killed dio

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
her real name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

TEAYCHES posted:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

the only rap i like is everlast and bubba sparxxx

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I more got the impression that he was insulting ray rice there.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
i thought he had 2 or 3 albums already devoted to domestic violence so i don't get what the big deal is

e: NOW BLEED! BITCH BLEED! BLEED! BITCH BLEED! BLEED!

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
Eminem raps Eminem-like thing.

News.

At.

Eleven.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
I'm not gonna lie, that verse does offend me pretty badly.

I mean, he rhymes Janey Rice with Ray Rice? That's just fuckin' lazy, Em.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lana del rey probably wants eminem to beat the poo poo out of her

she's dark sided, man

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Please don't be confused. This rap is not real life its a performance.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Honey! The nation's moneyed are acting up again come see!

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

uG posted:

i, too, take the things rapper say seriously when they are freestyle rapping

i hope no one starts looking at old UGK lyrics and talking about misogyny

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

uG posted:

Its amazing it took so long for people like Eminem and Macklemore to legitimize the medium.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The problem here is the suction and gay, not the moral content.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
looks like the best rapper in the world just schooled everyone once again

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So does Eminem just spit these rhymes improv-style one day and write them down, or does he actually fine-tune and craft them for his albums? That part of the rap game always seemed weird to me--like if you're taking the time to actually craft what you're going to say why not make it worth a gently caress?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

mind the walrus posted:

So does Eminem just spit these rhymes improv-style one day and write them down, or does he actually fine-tune and craft them for his albums? That part of the rap game always seemed weird to me--like if you're taking the time to actually craft what you're going to say why not make it worth a gently caress?

It's sort of like FYAD and BYOB here in SA... you try too hard, you're gay, but if you don't try at all, you suck

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Ad campaign for Lana del ray LP3 starting early I guess

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Lana Del Rey sounds like it should be the name of a speedboat company

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

mind the walrus posted:

*a man makes millions upon millions of dollars for his craft*

jeez why doesnt this guy fine tune his craft before his albums? this is garbnage!!!! - a somethingawful goon who makes less then 40k a year

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lana is the music industry's literal whore

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

uG posted:

*a man makes millions upon millions of dollars for his craft*

jeez why doesnt this guy fine tune his craft before his albums? this is garbnage!!!! - a somethingawful goon who makes less then 40k a year
lmoa this is bad

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

TEAYCHES posted:

I saw him in concert a few years ago and it was awful. Dude was late, did a short set, only did half a song from 3030, was only really promoting some new songs that were pretty bad. Just a big letdown.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

Lana is the music industry's literal whore

it's true, she admitted in an interview that she slept with any guy she thought could help her career

not that there's anything wrong with that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i dont really know or care about lana del rey but i kinda hate her. everything ive seen her do or say rubs me the wrong way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
eminem hasnt been relevent for 15 years

• Locked thread