Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
why are the vulcans like praying instead of leaving the planet on spaceships lol

but then spock busts in and is like "we gotta GO" and then its suddenly "yeah probably"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
JJ Abrams is a hack

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
In, Star Trek
Into: Darkness
(2013)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Race Hate Kramer posted:

JJ Abrams is a hack

gently caress poo poo

like WOAH SPOCK SEES A FLYING DICk. AND IT'S loving HUGE gently caress

poo poo ULHIRA is loving SEXY, kirk wants to gently caress the poo poo out of that TIGHT VAGINA

*scene changes to engine room*

Scotty: captain, this poo poo loving ship can't gently caress anymore

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Sometimes people stand around slack jawed until someone puts a boot up their rear end and gets them moving.

Also

Race Hate Kramer posted:

JJ Abrams is a hack

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Xaris posted:

gently caress poo poo

like WOAH SPOCK SEES A FLYING DICk. AND IT'S loving HUGE gently caress

poo poo ULHIRA is loving SEXY, kirk wants to gently caress the poo poo out of that TIGHT VAGINA

*scene changes to engine room*

Scotty: captain, this poo poo loving ship can't gently caress anymore

better than the actual tv show though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
that's not a very high bar tho

actually i thought First Contact was way better than JJ's films

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
Because it's a Movie OP, not real life. Speaking of real life, you should get one of those!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Because it's a Movie OP, not real life. Speaking of real life, you should get one of those!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TheRatboyGenius posted:

good post

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Xaris posted:

that's not a very high bar tho

actually i thought First Contact was way better than JJ's films

yea

e: it's a lot better

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

EvilJoven posted:

Sometimes people stand around slack jawed until someone puts a boot up their rear end and gets them moving.

Also

That's..... A really good answer actually.

OP, they're Vulcans, not known for being peoples of action, you're thinking of the Andorians or Cardassians, they woulda got the gently caress offa that rock.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Vulcan is such a spiritual planet

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

273423-X posted:

Vulcan was such a spiritual planet

Fixed that for you

naem
May 29, 2011

I thought it was fuckin great the end

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

spack yelled khaaaaaan in into darkness instead of kirk

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I wonder why they have all that statuary in the first place. Being logical, you would think that the design of everything on the planet would be the ultimate form of bahaus minimalist design, with no sentimentality.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I started watching Enterprise and it's a lot better than ppl give it credit for.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

genesplicer posted:

I wonder why they have all that statuary in the first place. Being logical, you would think that the design of everything on the planet would be the ultimate form of bahaus minimalist design, with no sentimentality.

Ancient Vulcans built them in the days before logic?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I started watching Enterprise and it's a lot better than ppl give it credit for.

I skipped the 1st 2 seasons but the rest was fine aside from a dumb episode or two.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i must protect my people
:hides them in torpedos:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
poop

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Star Trek is a good time but I don't believe you're meant to really think about it all that much.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Remakes, re-do's, prequels, re-quels whatever are all loving poo poo for loser idiots.

"Why did dumb stuff happen in this stupid film for idiots?...geeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
jj abrams made a star trek movie and star wars movie. he's nerd jesus

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
remember when they fought the big black overpowered badguy ship? oh yeah that was the last 3 of them

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

The Whole Internet posted:

remember when they fought the big black overpowered badguy ship? oh yeah that was the last 3 of them

Last four if you don't count Insurrection (and you shouldn't)

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
just as the best lightsaber battle in star wars is unfortunately in the phantom menace, the best space battle in the star trek movies is probably the one in nemesis

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
generations is the best star trek movie to come out in 20 years

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

just as the best lightsaber battle in star wars is unfortunately in the phantom menace, the best space battle in the star trek movies is probably the one in nemesis

lol nope

undiscovered country

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
don't hate on insurrection just cuz a 2-parter made it onto the silver screen

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The best space battle in Star Trek was when Kirk said, "Well that's it then. It was an honor serving with all of you" and then the Pegasus jumped back in and saved everyone's rear end.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

don't hate on insurrection just cuz a 2-parter made it onto the silver screen

people keep saying this but if insurrection were an actual episode it wouldn't even be considered a good episode.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

people keep saying this but if insurrection were an actual episode it wouldn't even be considered a good episode.

lol insurrection is basically a combination of 2 plots taken from 2 lovely TNG episodes as it is

the only cool part of it is picards 'how many does it take before it becomes wrong' speech

actually the part where riker is fuckin up those sona ships is pretty cool, but would be better if it didnt have him steering a star ship with a joystick

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

lol nope

undiscovered country

Undiscovered Country is a great movie, and there's a lot of tension at the end, but the battle is amazingly low-rent like all the space battles until First Contact really.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
holy fuckballs!!!

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I saw it in theaters and it was only a few months ago that "Sabotage" became listenable for me again.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
I say sabotaaage.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
star trek is for pedophiles

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it is? oh crap. better go back to watching anime then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Fetus Tree posted:

actually the part where riker is fuckin up those sona ships is pretty cool, but would be better if it didnt have him steering a star ship with a joystick

Also that trill babe ensign all scopin his distinguished senior officer dick :xd:

• Locked thread