Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Ceraph posted:

We find Angela in room 109, laying in front of a mirror, with a bloody knife in her hand. She seems tired, almost drugged

Honestly, they all seem kinda drugged. It always felt to me like all the conversations were taking place underwater, if that makes any sort of sense...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Everyone seems just slightly bewitched, which is fitting given the game's set up.

Yeah, totally. Adds to the feeling that they're locked in different dreams -- which always rather made me wonder whether James is actually experiencing the things we're seeing on the screen.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
From what we've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Pyramid Head is working for Laura. Also, James is kinda a relentless dick to everyone, it seems.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Antistar01 posted:

What is love? (Maybe some oblique spoilers there.)

Less spoilery: What is love?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
James has jumped down so many huge holes, it's difficult to imagine Angela's room is anywhere near any sort of conventional reality. Also, I do wonder how much sexual symbolism there is in James just hopping feet-first into every strange hole he finds...

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Gorilla Salad posted:

So let's see if I've got this straight. James has blindly jumped into a dozen holes, walked down stairs and ramps, climbed down ladders, gone down in an elevator and even jumped down into his own grave.

But when he walks out the door he's at the same level as the lake?

Never mind all the skin wearing rape demons, this has to be the most bizarre thing in Silent Hill by far.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking. He's somehow gone from about a half-mile underground back to the surface in the space of one cold-room filled with carcasses.

I assume that there are other ways forward from many areas that don't involve leaping down holes, so the game is kinda glossing over the whole "Could have got here from the bottomless abyss" thing. But honestly, if I were James, I'd be looking for morlocks, dinosaurs, Arne Saknussemm, and Raquel Welch.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Given that Maria seemed to come back from the dead at least once -- and all the other utterly batshit stuff that's going on -- I think it's safe to assume that either Laura (and everything else) is a ghost/haunting/unreality of some sort, or James has had a colossal psychotic break and is actually locked in a very small padded room, wearing a very tight jacket. Either way, Laura's age just feels like yet another confirmation of Weirdness(tm), rather than any unusually odd or weird thing in itself. So, uh, payoff? Sure, why not. I guess if her age does prove to be a particularly stand-out factor, I'll be impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Hopefully Ceraph hasn't fallen down a hole himself... :)

• Locked thread