Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
vets
Can't live with 'em
Can't live without 'em
Baby Kilers
View Results

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I guess it's veteran's day? I don't know any veterans so I'll just thank my dad for going to college instead of viet nam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

One of my friends is a marine. He came back and got a job as a cop. He finally got to kill someone. It's a success story.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
My brother is technically a war veteran because he showed up in Iraq a week after the truce was declared but before the war officially ended, he got to drive around kuwait and shoot a .50 cal I guess

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Didn't some racist somethingawful mod and veteran get ironically murdered by a pack of wild Africans while working for the CIA?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Apthous posted:

Didn't some racist somethingawful mod and veteran get ironically murdered by a pack of wild Africans while working for the CIA?

Grover still alive. Lol at veteran.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
Thank you brown people for serving as cannon fodder so I can get the day off amen.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Apthous posted:

that's one way to view vilerat's saga, i suppose

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i know a couple vets.

one went awol from boot camp then later vastly over exaggerated a knee injury. he's on disability and going to college for free. he also has hpv

the other is a raging alcoholic who split up recently with his wife who thinks vaccines cause autism. he's got some kind of mental issues, but i don't really think they're from his service so much. he makes more a month from disability than i do working

woo veterans the ultimate welfare queens

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pay me respects you sissy bitches.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

darkwing cuck posted:

he also has hpv

ah yes, the traditional military sti.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i knew a guy who was in afghanistan and then he came back and did star wars roleplay and showed me some of the stuff he wrote about it and it was pretty much all torture scenes

then he started smoking weed and got a job in video games and then got super into weed and tried to start his own weed company in washington and now is trying to find computer programming jobs and doesnt have ptsd but looks like a drug addict

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
The kid who bullied me all the loving time in middle school stole my seat in 7th grade and I decided I had enough. I politely informed him that he took my seat, words were exchanged, and it ended up with me repeatedly asking him "Are you hyperactive?". He then responded repeatedly "Do you have a small dick?". I then promised to answer his question if he answered mine first, but the interaction ended before we could get our respective answers as he punched me in the right thigh as hard as he could (I had been hoping it would have been the face so he would have gotten expelled).

This young man then later in adult life attacked his father nearly killing him and got arrested for it. Then in a separate occasion he attacked a man taking out money from an ATM with a knife, unknowing that the man he was trying to rob also had a knife. When the cops arrived he lied and said he had been the victim.

This fine specimen of a human being ultimately joined the marines corpse. Semper Fi to you and thank you for your service, you are truly americas breast and brightest.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm a vet. I was in the Air Force. Well that's my story.

Have a good time talking about how we all kill babies because you're jealous we get a free lunch one day out of the year.

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
Whenever I try to talk to vet bros about Iraq I see a flash of deep horror and soul crushing despair in their eyes as they change the subject hope this helps op

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
My roommate in college for a year fought in Iraq and was a real retard. He also had his retarded army buddies come over to our house for a party and they stole our weed after me outsmoking/outdrinking them the night before.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Apthous posted:

My roommate in college for a year fought in Iraq and was a real retard. He also had his retarded army buddies come over to our house for a party and they stole our weed after me outsmoking/outdrinking them the night before.

Apthous posted:

The kid who bullied me all the loving time in middle school stole my seat in 7th grade and I decided I had enough. I politely informed him that he took my seat, words were exchanged, and it ended up with me repeatedly asking him "Are you hyperactive?". He then responded repeatedly "Do you have a small dick?". I then promised to answer his question if he answered mine first, but the interaction ended before we could get our respective answers as he punched me in the right thigh as hard as he could (I had been hoping it would have been the face so he would have gotten expelled).

This young man then later in adult life attacked his father nearly killing him and got arrested for it. Then in a separate occasion he attacked a man taking out money from an ATM with a knife, unknowing that the man he was trying to rob also had a knife. When the cops arrived he lied and said he had been the victim.

This fine specimen of a human being ultimately joined the marines corpse. Semper Fi to you and thank you for your service, you are truly americas breast and brightest.

Thank you for this very informative bit of shitthatdidnthappen.txt

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 11, 2014

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ahahahahaha

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Thank you for this very informative bit of shitthatdidnthappen.txt

They also ate some of our food from the fridge without asking. How exactly does someone smoke weed while on active duty and not get caught?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Apthous posted:

They also ate some of our food from the fridge without asking. How exactly does someone smoke weed while on active duty and not get caught?

It's pretty easy. Lol you dream about CoD and smoking tangos all day so some actual soldiers stealing food from your fridge is basically the closest you'll ever get to being cucked, right?

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Crow_Rodeo posted:

It's pretty easy. Lol you dream about CoD and smoking tangos all day so some actual soldiers stealing food from your fridge is basically the closest you'll ever get to being cucked, right?

Starsiege: Tribes is basically the Advanced Warfare cuck.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Apthous posted:

Starsiege: Tribes is basically the Advanced Warfare cuck.

Hey can you please stop posting. You're not funny.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Hey can you please stop posting. You're not funny.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
My grandfather was a sniper in the marines during Vietnam and he used to get drunk and shout about gooks. He liked crank and black hookers. rip grandpa

From what I understand today's veterans mostly spend their time masturbating and playing video games. thats all i know about veterans thanks for reading

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Jim Barris posted:

From what I understand today's veterans mostly spend their time masturbating and playing video games. thats all i know about veterans thanks for reading

This is true.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Another kid that I knew from high school joined the muhreens but he was kind of a nice dude just kind of a retard. His apendix sploded in basic training I heard.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I worked for a guy who was an ex-marine and liked to wax philosophic about the particulars of how to best date rape. Some weird guy came up to me when I was smoking in front of a wal-mart and claimed to have been a marine during desert storm 1 and that back then they knew how to really 'smack the queers around'.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Dude I went to school with was in Iraq. He said that if they were somewhere that was dicey they would take handfuls of candy and throw it in the streets. When the kids would scramble for it they'd cross through the crowd. He said he liked when he was working check points and when cars didn't stop they'd light them up. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him for his service.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Jim Barris posted:

I worked for a guy who was an ex-marine and liked to wax philosophic about the particulars of how to best date rape. Some weird guy came up to me when I was smoking in front of a wal-mart and claimed to have been a marine during desert storm 1 and that back then they knew how to really 'smack the queers around'.

The marines didn't smack anything around in Desert Storm unless they were in a tank or bradley.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Apthous posted:

The marines didn't smack anything around in Desert Storm unless they were in a tank or bradley.

No, see, the point of his story was that in his day they didn't play around when it came to gays in their platoon or whatever. He basically described to me a group assault of some guy who had been declared by group consensus to be a fag. He could of been lying, it's hard to say.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Dude I went to school with was in Iraq. He said that if they were somewhere that was dicey they would take handfuls of candy and throw it in the streets. When the kids would scramble for it they'd cross through the crowd. He said he liked when he was working check points and when cars didn't stop they'd light them up. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him for his service.

read this wrong, ignore me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
When people say "thanks for protecting our freedoms" or whatever I assume they are talking to WWII veterans because you're an idiot if you think the military has "protected" anything other than sand and multi-national commerce since then.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
the military right now is basically just another form of welfare except there's a slight chance you'll die

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Also I will litearlly drink tears of any veteran who is crying about ISIS now controlling some shithole that the US fought over for the past decade.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Chinatown posted:

When people say "thanks for protecting our freedoms" or whatever I assume they are talking about WWII veterans because you're an idiot if you think the military has "protected" anything other than sand and multi-national commerce since then.

Corporate interests are associated with increased freedom due to increased prosperity. But if you think it actually takes massive amounts of infantry to achieve that goal boy do I have some news for you. Wars like Afghanistan should be fought entirely with advanced weaponry like heavy tanks and air power for basically no casualties or danger.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Apthous posted:

Corporate interests are associated with increased freedom due to increased prosperity. But if you think it actually takes massive amounts of infantry to achieve that goal boy do I have some news for you. Wars like Afghanistan should be fought entirely with advanced weaponry like heavy tanks and air power for basically no casualties or danger.

lmao if you think "heavy tanks" can go into anywhere without infantry support and not expect massive losses.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Chinatown posted:

lmao if you think "heavy tanks" can go into anywhere without infantry support and not expect massive losses.

Philippe Pétain pls leave.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
enjoy your 300 a week pension poors.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Apthous posted:

Philippe Pétain pls leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuwUxaJmlo&t=58s

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

ROFL the t72 is like a t34 with rims bruh troll harder.

*edit*

ROFL

quote:

The basic T-72 is relatively underpowered, with a 780 hp (580 kW) supercharged version of the basic 500 hp (370 kW) V-12 diesel engine block originally designed for the World War II-era T-34.

Apthous fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Apthous posted:

ROFL the t72 is like a t34 with rims bruh troll harder.

*edit*

ROFL

not very smart huh

• Locked thread