Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

LastInLine posted:

not that i would defend the verge but most of that is just idiot garbage from someone who knows nothing about ux

lollipop is fine and everything works well and looks nice with a couple lol anroid moments in there

ofc the "inexplicable pauses" are v. explicable: the nexus 6 and the nexus 9 are both poo poo

n4/n5/n7 forever i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol that score is probably that high because the verge comment base would loving riot of they gave it any less than ios 8 which was a mess

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
can't wait to use Lolly Pop on my Moto X (2013, a.k.a. the Last Good Android Phone That Will Ever Be Made)

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

hahahaha literally some literal human being made these and weas like "ayup, this is good stuff"

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

hahaha like "man i wish my wristwatch wasn't so hung up on telling me the time, NEEDS MORE SWAN"

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
slow animations make me think of the iOS7 transition.

it's still pretty slow and lovely in ios8.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
please change the thread title to add laughs so people dont take it too seriously and loosen up

i would suggest

anroid hahahaahha

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

poty posted:

please change the thread title to add laughs so people dont take it too seriously and loosen up

i would suggest

anroid hahahaahha

NEEDS MORE SWAN

STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN

etc

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

maniacdevnull posted:

n4/n5/n7 forever i guess

can someone explain the nexus numbering scheme to me.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

PleasingFungus posted:

can someone explain the nexus numbering scheme to me.
floor(screensizeininches + .1)

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Anroid lol

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
Google has answered the world's need for yet another messaging app.

quote:

But seriously, why does Messenger exist when Hangouts supports SMS/MMS integration? Probably because there are a whole lot of people out there who have no interest in using Hangouts, because honestly, the Hangouts app is kind of slow and annoying sometimes. Considering Hangouts replaced the stock SMS app in Android 4.4, this is quite a backpedal from Google.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

i would suggest

anroid hahahaahha

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Keep the thread title pls it's really freaking terrific

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

USSAr posted:

this is like when Chrysler announced the Aspen

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Just remembered the thread title is 'anroid' lmfao. You can't do this to me yospos

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

USSAr posted:

its the aosp messaging app that has to be included with android that doesnt run google services which is why they bothered i mean they had to update it anyway as its on devices that will get lollipop like the nexus 4 so why not publish it to the play store for easy updating

why its on the nexus 6 when the nexus 5 only had hangouts well :iiam: anroid lol

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

why is there chicken at your burger king

You stupid motehrfucker

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

LastInLine posted:

not that i would defend the verge but most of that is just idiot garbage from someone who knows nothing about ux

lollipop is fine and everything works well and looks nice with a couple lol anroid moments in there

ofc the "inexplicable pauses" are v. explicable: the nexus 6 and the nexus 9 are both poo poo

i find a flagship phone in tyool 2014 being unable to scroll through menus without dropping frames pretty inexplicable

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

USSAr posted:

old news. hangouts is dead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dypers getting really pissed that their new bestphoneeveroftheweek is a piece of poo poo and saying the reviews are wrong

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Polo-Rican posted:

can't wait to use Lolly Pop on my Moto X (2013, a.k.a. the Last Good Android Phone That Will Ever Be Made)

agreed and same

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

has anyone called it the nexus sux yet

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

the nexus 6 is so bad im joining forces with cremnob

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lolling hard at google's rushed "me too" response when the news broke about apple being unable to decrypt iphones for law enforcement was a poorly baked idea and fucks up the performance

as expected

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

actually it's an excellent idea

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my encrypted iOS devices are suiting my needs.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm the.... Iiiiiiii'm theeeeee....ummmm......SLEEPING SHOE!!

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

LastInLine posted:

its the aosp messaging app that has to be included with android that doesnt run google services which is why they bothered i mean they had to update it anyway as its on devices that will get lollipop like the nexus 4 so why not publish it to the play store for easy updating

its closed source and separate from aosp messaging.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Samsung: Plan Less

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

quote:

One of the more interesting features of the 6-inch, 2560×1440 AMOLED screen is that, on the lowest brightness, it turns pink. We're going to call this a feature, and not a bug, since the screen can do normal-color low brightness at about the same level as the Note 4 (2 cd/m2). While Samsung just stopped at that point with its AMOLED screen, Motorola takes things a step further and goes for the absolute lowest brightness without regard for color accuracy. This pink mode allows the Nexus 6 to hit (0.9 cd/m2)

looooooool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

might as well install f.lux while wearing gunar glasses becuase i couldnt encode my way out of a paper bag

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"When you're not in the dark, the colors on the screen are fine. It's still an AMOLED display, though, so you're still dealing with oversaturated colors."

except they aren't, because they're over saturated

looool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

colors never right = just fine for amoled

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

the screen is trash but at least we got amoled first

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

your move crapple

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

do ammo lead still have the horrible burn in problems?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

today was a good day for anroid lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

so what you're saying is iphones are the superior anime watching smartphone

• Locked thread