Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i dont think they can handle glorious 10 bit mkvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
factory images for lollipop on the n7 are out, looks like i have something to do tonight to keep myself from contemplating the crushing inevitability of time

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Start getting another good tattoo instead.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Please change the thread title to Anroid: A Real Yuckfest

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So basically the Nexus 5 is a faster and cheaper phone than the Nexus 6? Haha.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2m3cfc/anandtech_the_nexus_6_review/

:xd:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

u would think after years of so much angst about always having a compromised in some way anroid phone they would give up and get the iphone

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

true anroid lols

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cremnob posted:

u would think after years of so much angst about always having a compromised in some way anroid phone they would give up and get the iphone

ummmm but their freedoms????

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i am deeply embarrassed to say that so far lollipop on my n7 (2013) has been nearly flawless. a couple of minor hiccups in third-party apps but otherwise absolutely zero issues. monument valley is even working again

i don't know why this is happening. somebody suggest something to try because this isn't the android i know

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Start getting another good tattoo instead.

what happens when you run out of space?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i wish

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

As you can see, there are a few areas where the video framerate dips below 30fps during a fast movement, and several moments where the video will stop and then skip forward. I haven't been able to determine a cause for this, but Samsung and other OEMs have been able to do UHD recording at 30fps on their devices that use essentially the same hardware as the Nexus 6 which leads me to believe it's an issue that is rooted in software.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

and this was how the android operating system was born

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cardboard Box A posted:

So basically the Nexus 5 is a faster and cheaper phone than the Nexus 6? Haha.

it's also not some huge piece of garbage like an iphone, the n4/n5 is just the right size

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

maniacdevnull posted:

it's also not some huge piece of garbage like an iphone, the n4/n5 is just the right size
Isn't the Nexus 5 the same size as the iPhone 6?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cardboard Box A posted:

Isn't the Nexus 5 the same size as the iPhone 6?

yeah, its a good size, about the same size as the n4 and whatever ripoff touchwiz garbage you have in the middle there. its way smaller than the new iphone tho.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is that irony or

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

yeah, its a good size, about the same size as the n4 and whatever ripoff touchwiz garbage you have in the middle there. its way smaller than the new iphone tho.

good troll

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

The Management posted:

I honestly feel sorry for the kids that end up with these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzvjRC6ftBI

lol, owned retard kid

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
andoid

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

RadicalR posted:

Not compatible with the Nvidia Shield...
flagship gaming tablet can't play games

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

flagship gaming tablet can't play games

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

do we know why

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
sony xperia does what nvidia shieldon't

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
A N D R O
I D T O T
H E N E X
T L E VEL

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
ps good job loving that up qirex

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Samsung announces Gear VR ‘Innovator Edition’, coming to the US in early December

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Thanks Ants posted:

i dont think they can handle glorious 10 bit mkvs

<-----

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Mightaswell posted:

your move crapple

there's actually a way to just darken your screen even further beyond the minimal brightness slider in iOS

http://www.imore.com/dim-your-screen-further-control-center-allows-and-other-cool-ios-8-tricks

and you can setup triple tap home to toggle it on or off

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

where's the quote in ur av from

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

DaNzA posted:

there's actually a way to just darken your screen even further beyond the minimal brightness slider in iOS

http://www.imore.com/dim-your-screen-further-control-center-allows-and-other-cool-ios-8-tricks

android lol

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Forums Terrorist posted:

where's the quote in ur av from

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/mx-videoplayer/CVvvmsXpdz8

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEkaxi7pqlk

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

DaNzA posted:

whoa

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im the input lag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm the manual transferring of every single thing

• Locked thread