Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
anroid lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I honestly feel sorry for the kids that end up with these

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

please change the thread title to add laughs so people dont take it too seriously and loosen up

i would suggest

anroid hahahaahha

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm the manual transferring of every single thing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lots of posters excitedly waiting on Google to give them candy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is the nexus 10 running lollipop

i'm the terrible everything

so let me see if I've got this straight. if you have a multicolored set of fins rotating around an axis that means:

3 fins - drive
3 fins and colored center - chrome
4 fins - photos
6 fins - camera. yes I know it's a shutter but shutters aren't multicolored

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you need the spreadsheet to fully understand it

also jerk mcjerkface is just an idiot who wastes his life over petty sums. don't try to debate him

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

that's the USB C connector [which wouldn't exist if it wasn't for lightning]

no way, the USB Implementors Forum was totally just about to produce a good connector on their own since they had exhausted every other possibility.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
when you think about it, serving ads is what android was made for, so really he's setting them free

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

butt dickus posted:

looks like wobbly windows made it to android

:barf:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
~*~ sperg city here we come ~*~

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Kirk posted:

itt: people install a program on their telephones to let them browse the something awful dot com forums more easily

the web is dead grandpa

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sagebrush posted:

Hi, just stopping in to say that today I shot some video with my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and the Super Steadyshot image stabilizer does a really amazing job keeping everything smooth. The best I've ever seen in a phone camera.

Ok, bye

calling bullshit, nobody's dumb enough to buy a Sony android phone

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

maniacdevnull posted:

what else am i gonna do on the toilet?

post post post

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Good thing iOS uses 4G data exclusively if your device screen is off or not plugged in. I've had some weird data charges on my iPhone from times when I did not leave the house and was exclusively on wifi.

it doesn't tho

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Millstone posted:

just sideloaded the ota update onto my ache tee see one em eight and it only required s-off, root, unlocked bootloader, reflash of the recovery and a couple hours of my time, world's best operation system

why didn't you just install the official update that surely has been released by htc?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

is it the Galaxy s5? is it sprint? is it only using sprint 3G? I can't decide!

the most shameful part is the literal radio janitoring

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Binary Badger posted:

protip: sudo purge its good for what ails ya

this is dumb as hell don't do this

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
always be janitoring

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
here's a little cremnobing for ya

quote:

Privately owned Xiaomi booked 347.5 million yuan ($56 million) in net profit last year, according to a regulatory filing that showed the world’s No.3 smartphone maker grappling razor-thin margins.

Valued by private investors at more than $10 billion, Xiaomi recorded revenue of 26.6 billion yuan and an operating margin of just 1.8 percent.

Android market has reached the zero margin stage for every manufacturer except one, and Samsung is getting eaten alive by these guys

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's ten something

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

not from this distance, your honor 6 plus

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Citizen Tayne posted:

yeah man, I love memes too!

same

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
fire phone
fire tv
fire stick
echo

it looks like Amazon's strategy is to shovel as much sit out there as possible and destroy any credibility they had from the kindle line

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

Every phone everyone buys is free or 100 or max 200 on contact. Anybody doing different, in the us, is statistically insignificant. Correct?

most new phone plans just let you spread the retail cost of the phone over two years with some up front payment. I.e., there's no subsidy and you're paying the same amount as if you bought the phone for full retail price on the spot.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

RZA Encryption posted:

I think I'm gonna defend this practice. It's interest free, so why not borrow their money? You can pay it off at any point, so hold on to as much of your money for as long as you can. I know it seems like an insignificant amount of money for building interest, but if you take this approach with everything you do it could start to make a difference. See also: paying all bills on the last day before you accrue any late fees/penalties.

1) yes, take the loan because why not
2) everything you said about interest is dumb as poo poo and basically not worth your time

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
does anyone even care about samsung devices anymore?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

saucepanman posted:

you guys would lose your poo poo (well mostly just cremnob) in India because everyone and their dog and the dog's kids have some sort of samsung phone. it's goddamn ridiculous

iPhone is an aspirational brand for rich people in developing countries. the other billion Indians are going to have to suffer their terrible local phones. it's a tragedy of extreme poverty and history may judge us harshly for allowing it.

did you know that there are people in the western world that choose to buy an android even though they can afford an iPhone? that's some hosed up poo poo right there.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I love the king ads, creepy as gently caress but hilarious. still never made me want to go into a burger king so ultimately a failure

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Clockwerk posted:

they should also be forced to live in a house with glass-pane walls only

the heating costs would be tremendous!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

same
yep. nothing stopped sarnsung or google or anyone else from looking a couple of years into the future, deciding that fingerprint-recognition technology would be an important asset (and considerable market advantage) and making an offer for authentec themselves. heck, when apple came knocking, authentec probably went out and solicited offers from other companies, in order to drive their selling price up or set off a bidding war

dont we usually complain about companies obsessing over next quarters results and refusing to think long-term? and yet when a company does just that, everyone whines about how its so unfair

i think the real reason is that too many companies are still trapped in the dell commodity just-in-time method of building electronics, where all the parts are available to every producer as commodities all the time. these companies are literally not built to look multiple quarters down the road and think about locking up supplies of important technologies ahead of time. they value their flexible supply chains and spot purchasing too much

lol if you think moto or any other android vendor was going to pay real money for a good fingerprint sensor before apple showed them how it was done. they got away with having a lovely one as a checkbox feature, why would they ever bother sourcing the expensive version?

mega lol if you think that Motorola had the industrial design created for a fingerprint sensor and had to scrap it at the last moment, leaving a dimple. if there was a fingerprint sensor there it wouldn't be a dimple in the case, it would be a hole where the sensor fits which may be dimple shaped. do you think they said "well, we have a hole here but don't have a sensor for it, let's fill it with a dimple of the same shape"?

this whole story is basically moto saying "we once looked at authentec sensors for our phones" which turned into a revisionist "we were totally going to do this great thing that Apple did if they hadn't locked us out of it"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm still checking apps, mobile safari is still the only one that doesn't put back button in top left, even all the third party apps i'm checking do it

the only other outliers are google apps, where they tend to do pop-up windows with x in top right for some reason on some windows

Safari doesn't have a standard back button because it doesn't leave the current view. the pages you're looking at are all within the same frame, and the forward and back buttons are for moving the content, not moving the view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

loooked this up

the motorola matrix 4g put it on top

lol. definitely looks like something you would do a strategic purchase over and not a checkbox gimmick feature

• Locked thread