Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

anderid lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Cardboard Box A posted:

Android Price Floor?

aww yea gonna get dat RCA TABLET!~!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

black friday is going to be the best for people to buy these things and give them out for yosmas

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

ok now post ur most xxxtreeme anroid (lol!) skins

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

hobbesmaster posted:

if you want one you actually have to sign up

would prefer not to open up an 8" rca tablet with bugs tyvm

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Cardboard Box A posted:

New price floor!

1 Hour Guarantee! (That it will work)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

uh samsung is not anroid.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

LastInLine posted:

hell even ron amadeo over at ars says its lovely

i can't embed the video but watch this comparing it to a Nexus 5

looooooolll

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

it wasn't even the badly made app that was hitching and running slow, they all did

lol

this is that premium android expierence today????

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

LastInLine posted:

you might appreciate this page the most

aaaaaahahahhahahahahahah

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

even funnier is how the iphone 6+ has a worse screen in every way to the iPhone 6

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

quote:

One of the more interesting features of the 6-inch, 2560×1440 AMOLED screen is that, on the lowest brightness, it turns pink. We're going to call this a feature, and not a bug, since the screen can do normal-color low brightness at about the same level as the Note 4 (2 cd/m2). While Samsung just stopped at that point with its AMOLED screen, Motorola takes things a step further and goes for the absolute lowest brightness without regard for color accuracy. This pink mode allows the Nexus 6 to hit (0.9 cd/m2)

looooooool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

might as well install f.lux while wearing gunar glasses becuase i couldnt encode my way out of a paper bag

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"When you're not in the dark, the colors on the screen are fine. It's still an AMOLED display, though, so you're still dealing with oversaturated colors."

except they aren't, because they're over saturated

looool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

colors never right = just fine for amoled

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Seems like a good idea but manual transfering ugh

Apple prob owns a patent on the the way continunity works

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

legit iOS removed feature.

Siri Raise to Speak.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Apparently App gifting from inside the phone was removed out of the app store too at some point.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

presumably because just saying "hey Siri" is so much easier

i use to use raise to speak when I was walking down streets and i'm thinking about all of the things I'll need to do in the day, so it was really easy to just raise the phone to your ear and say "remind me to render thing at 3 pm" and have the reminder show up.

or not having to look at the screen at all to reply to a text message.

cant yell HAY SIRI unless you have a battery in your coat pocket or something since that requires to be on external power for it to function.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sniep posted:

random obscure fact: until about 15 years ago, you could only get TVs in a CRT type technology - flatscreens were virtually unheard of!

portable computing? IBM made laptops in 1992

also powerbook in 1991

LCDs were used on even earlier devices but were more rare.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sniep posted:

there is no way those passive matrix rear end screens could make a suitable television, grayscale or not. popular available and affordable LCD technology did not start approaching the quality of CRT displays for TV until at least the late late 90s early 2000s, which is what i posted above.

ok i buy that

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

THC posted:

what about all those photos you take of yourself in the shower

loooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

sage do you work for sony because your white knighting of the xperia compact is p lol

• Locked thread