Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my encrypted iOS devices are suiting my needs.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

use tags

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
are we posting our phone ownership histories now

early 2011: iPhone 4
late 2012: iPhone 5
2014: iPhone 6

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

different screens display colors differently, cremnob reports

it's actually kind of lol and you should click

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The app icons on android are too drat square. It's just not right

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ocrassus posted:

she likes anroid, I take the piss out of her for it all the time, but she does. maybe I should invite cremnob over so he can uh, convince her.

sounds like you're dating a masochist op

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
realplayer

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

well if you think that buying a phone, flipping it and buying another is saving money, then i can sorta get how your brain would reach the conclusion that not getting something you didn't have in the first place is equivalent to having that thing taken away

lol

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tbh when you need to move half the content over half an inch it's nice to have it digital

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Management posted:

here's a little cremnobing for ya

Android market has reached the zero margin stage for every manufacturer except one, and Samsung is getting eaten alive by these guys

anroid is such poo poo

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you can get a used iphone 4 for that money. echopenis approved

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
cjs love getting PCs because they enjoy flattening and reinstalling, which is the only way to be sure that the pc is clean from all the OEM garbage

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
three olives would never use a non-apple telephone

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

i dont like reddit because of the emphasis it puts on rating/ranking posts. its barbaric

also discussion trees as opposed to threads are loving unreadable

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HD Super Clear LCD

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i have some friends, particularly the android devs, who are constantly reminded of what a loving mess android is but continue to buy devices with Android™ technology

what I'm saying is they're asking for it

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

i like how when ios brought all the dumbass features anroid had and was mocked for it relentlessly yosposters did a 360 turn and liked it

you will find that the reason for this is that iOS has a better implementation of the ideas that android used first

except for the buggy keyboard extensions I guess but otoh my custom keyboard experience has been "use swype for 2 minutes, say meh and go back to standard"

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the widgets implementation is miles better in iOS
if you want widgets in android, you have to put them on the home screen and unlock to view them. Or you have to know about this one security setting that enables lock screen widgets. Then you add them one at a time, each widget fills the whole screen and you swipe through them one at a time.
in iOS, it's only in notification center, not polluting your home screen. you just pull it down and there they are. each one takes up the amount of space that it needs at that moment instead of taking up the whole loving screen

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

they took lockscreen widgets back out of android lol but since no one has the current version no one has noticed. plus half the oems disable it anyway

anroid lol

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LastInLine posted:

if androids notification area was as horrible as notification center theyd put things that arent notifications in there too

notification center is most importantly the today view which is stuff like
1. snippet description of today's weather
2. what time your next calendar appointment is
3. any reminders whose alarms have gone off
4. widgets that display little bits of information relevant to the current time or place

rest assured that this owns

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you could rename it if it makes you happier it would still be the right way to do it

new notifications are on the lock screen, pull down and you see the today view, touch the Notifications tab and you see old notifications.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
where's the tv that comes from the factory with the right settings cause I'll buy that one

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
honestly 4.7 is huge and anything bigger would be miserable to me. if you want to dick around on a screen with both hands use your iPad fuckos

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it's not magic that apple comes into possession of the best suppliers. they aren't a rush to tick a box ASAP as much as they are trying to achieve a good implementation, however long it takes.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I heard the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or whatever is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the mechanics of "going back" in an app are very simple and work the same way for 99% of iOS apps. if you can't figure it out I don't know how you figured out posting.

• Locked thread