Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anderrhoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pagancow posted:

uh samsung is not anroid.

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

USSAr posted:

Google has answered the world's need for yet another messaging app.

old news. hangouts is dead.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im the input lag

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mightaswell posted:

has anyone said "Ayndroid" yet?

i think i remember someone saying this ages ago in a long dead android thread...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines posted:

hmm..

maybe they need to use a not poo poo soc that has native encryption extensions

i'd expect this kind of poo poo from ainol but when what is essentially google's first-party manufacturer does it with the flagship android phone...

lol android

google is bad at phones

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

dont install facebook

applies to ios and android equally, dont do it, just use the webapp

exactly

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Greed is eternal posted:

Nexus 5 owns you nerds

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

when i put lollipop on my n7 a few days ago i didn't enable device encryption so i don't think it's a requirement when upgrading older devices. i have the option to do it after the fact but i don't think it's worth it on a tablet that never leaves the apartment and has no unlock code. the remote device wipe in google device manager works, by the way, i tested it before i did the upgrade

the lollipop factory image for the n4 came out today. if anybody gives a poo poo i can do benchmarks before i put lollipop on mine, enable encryption during the install, and run them again

posmarks

yeah go ahead and do all that poo poo. you don't have to report back.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my shameful smartphone history contains a blip of android. i learned quickly though

2009: motorola droid
2011: iphone 4s
2013: iphone 5s

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

why didnt they sell it in store??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

wait is android one a phone or what??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Low-Pass Filter posted:

does ne1 have an android phone and also an ipad? I want a tablet, but there r no good android tablets. Problem is I've fully swallowed googles cock on services, and I'm worried that apl will make it hard for me to use all the stuff I"m used too. Can anyone c/d that I'm just being an idiot bitch and I should buy the only good tablet out there?

you are an idiot bitch, but that's the only thing i can help you figure out

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

some people can settle for cheaper knockoff phones, it's true.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

hahaha enjoy being single soon you dumb loving beta

lol seriously. dude bought his gf a fuckin htc android. he might as well install tinder for her too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i don't use itunes i just stuck all my mp3s in a big folder on my NAS and run a upnp server and then i browse that poo poo from foobar2000 and my phone and my smart tv and whatever else i have in the house and it works like almost as well as itunes sharing but without any cR$pple software lollL!!!

lmao wow foobar2000 huh

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Blue Train posted:

so what is a decent windows media player if not foobar, or is decent windows anything too much of an oxymoron

itunes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i like the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact because it's a phone that you can use drunk without having it fold itself in half because you sat down too hard in your skinny jeans

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol no my iphone doesnt start rendering videos made from my photos without my permission

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the real question though: is there uke and glock in the soundtrack?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

no please continue. this is a comedy forum after all

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hasseloff snipe

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

just a minor hitch

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cocoa Crispies posted:

so many dirty dypers itt

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i forget. how is apple supposed to add features to old phones that don't have the hardware required for them to work again?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

so i guess only the 4 and later had the crucial Siri Coprocessor on the board?

correct. the a5 (starting with iphone 4s and ipad mini i believe) had much improved far field noise reduction built in as opposed to the a4 which used some separate third party chip.

siri isn't perfect, but it would have been even worse if they released it for iphone 4 due to hardware limitations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

doesn't explain the iPad 2 not having it, but that hardly matches up to SFJI talking about "apple removing existing features" after an update. he likes to spout that one a lot so it's probably best not to engage

oh right i forgot ipad 2 had a5. i dont know. some older products don't come with newer features. with apple you're paying for great new features coupled with great new hardware and testing stuff for old devices (even if they share most of the same internals as newer ones) isnt worth it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

please leave

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yes, you know you're backing the right horse when the mentally ill phone flipping guy is riding it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob is obnoxious, but hes right

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

i used to be able to post to Facebook and Twitter from notification center.

Give it back jony, you smug son of a bitch

there used to be a widget for ios8 you could get that does this, but no idea if its survived apple's rage against launcher-type notification center widgets. which i dont fully agree with

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What the gently caress is dyp?

its the pants liners that your poo poo goes into

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dyp... diap... diaper! Boy have I got a really funny play on words for the other losers down at the computer janitor forums.

well you asked

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

carry on then posted:

it's cute how they let you use a computer unsupervised

honestly i'm surprised his caretakers/group home lets him deliver all of his phones to their address.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

someone threw their android out of a car window and theyre my hero

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its loving ugly

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mido posted:

don't shame

yes dont talk about how shameful android phones are, we are now in dyp-lite

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

lol @ mac janitors

it jus twerks, right!

i have never heard of this command and you should probably never use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

Haha, but seriously- we should doxx the gently caress out of that poverty stricken retard. *in Andre the giant/Lenny from of mice and men voice* durr... Any suggestions on A new anroid?? " stupid galoot I bet when he cums inside his miniscule wife she inflates like a water balloon taped to the hose. Haha. Stebe ftw.

• Locked thread