Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Ugh, theater people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
She gave a TED talk about how she was a literal couch surfing mooch but it was an enriching experience to eat out of the fridge of some poor Mexican people for real

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
She does seem like the kind of person who would lock herself in a room for three months and write a book because some guy told her he was saving a seat on the subway

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Last Buffalo posted:

Lol, Lena Dunham actually makes tons of money and isn't some loopy dork who makes a career out of mooching. She wouldn't touch Amanda Palmer with a chocolate-covered pretzel stick.

they should fistfight, imo

e: it would look a lot like the Lincoln/Douglas debates but as a shrieking catfight

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 12, 2014

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The constant, karmic tampon circle

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
At that level of writing there really aren't tiers it's more about what appeals to you or doesn't

uh I mean

fart

im gay !!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Gay Roads posted:

i don't know, anybody who doesn't write tough guy cowboy bullshit. also, there are writers from other countries too!

you might really like this dude

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
*fucker

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Yes but you probably need someone who's a true blue believer in ARTISTIC VISIONNNN like Gaiman to finally get the rights to Miracleman out of their quagmire which, if you care about superhero comics at all, was a really cool thing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
If I had GRRM's money at this point I'd pack it in and hire a ghostwriter to do the gruntwork while I entertain myself with weed/x-box/D&D no shame in acknowledging that you've moved up a tax bracket

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

mind the walrus posted:

If you actually knew what GRRM has done you'd know that the problem really isn't about a lack of pandering. In fact since the show has come out he's done a gently caress-ton more pandering instead of just writing the next book--he's published 3 books since ADWD; two are fanservice garbage no one cares about and one is an old story he wrote in the 80s that's technically a part of the GoT universe so his publisher is capitalizing on it. He might not owe the fans jack poo poo but they're free to call him out on being an rear end in a top hat all the same. That's what Gaiman and casual observers really don't loving get about the whole affair.

I like the crannogmen from the neck they are cool

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I like everything GRRM chooses to do, mainly eating pizza and sunning himself nyuk nyuk nyuk

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
What are they going to do when it's time to make Season 7 of Game of Thrones and Winds of Winter is still in REVISIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Proteus4994 posted:

apparently fatty is trying to talk them into doing a flashback season to buy time

lol the empire is crumbling

it's basically just a game to see how long he can coast without doing anything before the public finally dumps him

• Locked thread