Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

Oh my god I love the people who comment before finishing videos more than life itself. I live for you :allears:

Completely serious. You're my favorite.

They are truly the best thing in LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
You've got a the Farmer punching people from the back row? Now I wish we'd named him Luffy.

And now that Smash Mouth has eaten the eggs, a billion internet nerds can finally be silent.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I almost posted to sperg out about you not picking up that armor when you first walked over it. Then I watched the rest of the video.

Gonna not post before finishing just to piss you off now.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Fucken Olesh, stealing my sssecrets bit.

Bhruic
Mar 27, 2013
RIP throwing dart. At least this way Smash Mouth won't eat you.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Is this something or am I just seeing things? Kinda looks like ssssecrets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I loaded up the game to check and found a couple rocks like that. Apparently it's just one of the models they use for rocks, no sssssecrets this time.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Agent355 posted:

I loaded up the game to check and found a couple rocks like that. Apparently it's just one of the models they use for rocks, no sssssecrets this time.

:argh: Both of you huh?

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
So what is the deal with the new classes? Finding information about this game is difficult, to say the least. It looks like all the classes have access to the same pool of skills. Do they just have starting bonuses to make them unique?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SageNytell posted:

So what is the deal with the new classes? Finding information about this game is difficult, to say the least. It looks like all the classes have access to the same pool of skills. Do they just have starting bonuses to make them unique?

Yup. That and their listed "You get X HP/Energy per level" setup. The Alchemist's "50% less chance for gun jam" skill only has any relevance until you get 5 in Firearms too, since 5 Firearms means no jamming ever.

Honestly, it's the unarmed skill I miss most from the skill list. Though Enchant arrow spells no longer existing kind of turned me off from wanting to give bows a whirl. Primarily though I just feel too lazy to pick up after myself ammo wise anymore after the first game.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 20, 2014

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

It took me an embarrassingly long time to determine that wasn't just an in-game voiceclip. It's kind of hard NOT to use it now.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Can you not collect those crabs that are around the beach area as food? I keep thinking you should be able to grab them

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ousire posted:

Can you not collect those crabs that are around the beach area as food? I keep thinking you should be able to grab them

They do look eminently grabbable, though the downside of grabbing crabs is they tend to grab back and they're better at grabbing than you are.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Neruz posted:

They do look eminently grabbable, though the downside of grabbing crabs is they tend to grab back and they're better at grabbing than you are.

So, what you're saying is, it's not grabbing crabs that's hard, it's letting go.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

RickVoid posted:

So, what you're saying is, it's not grabbing crabs that's hard, it's letting go.

Having been grabbed by a crab yes that is exactly what I am saying, crabs are not fans of the whole concept of 'letting go.'

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
The obvious solution is to make the crabs collectible food items, but they damage you when you pick them up.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

ousire posted:

The obvious solution is to make the crabs collectible food items, but they damage you when you pick them up.

Or have it so you can pick them up but once they're in your inventory you can't move them :v:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

ousire posted:

Neruz posted:

RickVoid posted:

Neruz posted:

Having been grabbed by a crab yes that is exactly what I am saying, crabs are not fans of the whole concept of 'letting go.'

ousire posted:

Neruz posted:

Or have it so you can pick them up but once they're in your inventory you can't move them :v:

I think this is the process for how a NetHack feature gets introduced.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

ousire posted:

You CAN pick up fish in the water, so for the Farmer that's some good grinding there.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

JossiRossi posted:

You CAN pick up fish in the water, so for the Farmer that's some good grinding there.

poo poo, Agent you need to go fishing so Smash Mouth can be level 10 while everyone else is level 2.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Spelling Bee = <3

Also, Smash Mouth is so dreamy - look at how happy he is about the fact that he gets to eat all the turtle meat.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Eat the fish, Smash Mouth.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
The rock and pool
is nice and cool
so juicy sweet.
Our only wish
to catch a fish
so juicy sweet.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Grimrock kinda reminds me of this old gem back when Windows had nothing but card and strategy games as far as the eye could see.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I love how the character portraits are an inconsistent mishmash of different photo to pixel art conversions.

This LP is being more faithful than we realized.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Cheez posted:

Grimrock kinda reminds me of this old gem back when Windows had nothing but card and strategy games as far as the eye could see.

Oh man. That old gem. My father brought me a disc with a version, and I remember being far too young to understand many of the mechanics, and made progress mostly through trial and error. Not knowing much english at the time may have hampered me slightly, too.

Good LP so far, Agent! I caught your first Grimrock one, and I may very well end up playing along (and ahead) for this one. The games seems worth supporting.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

This is a good LP of a neat game.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
Agreed. I've been hoping that this lp would happen.

Decayer
Jul 25, 2007
Purveyor of fine tarts
Some things:
1. Maps are indeed 32x32 squares.
2. There aren't any secret buttons on natural entities such as trees and cliff walls, though there's a certain type of tree that might sometimes be... special.
3. I haven't read anything about attacks being more effective from the sides/back, at least.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Decayer posted:

Some things:
1. Maps are indeed 32x32 squares.

I loving knew it.

Also, for obvious reasons, don't panic, Agent is just gone for the holiday week and things will resume whenever.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Olesh posted:

Also, for obvious reasons, don't panic, Agent is just gone for the holiday week and things will resume whenever.

Nobody tells me not to panic. My uncle told me not to panic once. Once.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Halman posted:

Nobody tells me not to panic. My uncle told me not to panic once. Once.

That's Johnny Dangerously, isn't it?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 3 - Youtube

Delayed because turkeys. To make up for it this episode is almost unbearably long! I tried to come up with a good way to cut the episode that made it 2 reasonable length parts but didn't interrupt the flow of the dungeon but as you'll see it's just not really possible. This is 10 minutes of walking through the woods then a straight hour long dungeon.

Hopefully this is as long as the videos will get but do expect to see other 40+ minute videos just because thats the nature of this game. Large relatively self contained areas with no clear breaks except between major areas.

I will say that I had a huge blast recording this episode with Olesh so I'm hoping everybody enjoys watching it despite the length.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Y'know, what, after watching that? Thank you. You know your audience well, because I was all "Ah ah ah button button button!" when you missed it, even knowing that you wouldn't miss it. Also nice to know how sucky the heavy weapon situation starts. Definitely enjoyed that episode, although annoying rat-dudes less so.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Obviously those rats are either the luckiest linerats. Or Gunners.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Are you sure that the buckler you picked up is wielded in your hand? When you went to equip it the bottom right (wrist?) slot glowed.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I'm going to bite on this in hopes its not a trap.

The room is called Four Plagues because there are four plaques.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NinjaNerd posted:

Are you sure that the buckler you picked up is wielded in your hand? When you went to equip it the bottom right (wrist?) slot glowed.

That would make sense given how bucklers actually work. Though if it's true it means I've been doing it wrong for a very long time! I never really thought about it...

vvv: :allears:

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 5, 2014

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Wait, did you not pick your stuff back up from the four plague's shelves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
You can equip a shield and a buckler in the wrist slot! Or two shields and a buckler! Shields! Everywhere!

• Locked thread