Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fallie
Jun 21, 2009
Really happy to see you LP this, Agent! Loved your series of the first game, keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Does that buckler even give you the bonus? It's supposed to go into the ring slot :ohdear:
And eat those thorny fruit :argh:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 8, 2014

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yah the buckler does give it's bonus when in the hand but I change it before the next episode anyhow.

I don't know what you're talking about with the fruit :wink:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Aren't spikefruits racial food for Spelling Bee or something? I don't even know what racial food means.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

How much do stat points matter? Would ratman mutation combine particularly well with a farmer's higher ending level?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Bruceski posted:

How much do stat points matter? Would ratman mutation combine particularly well with a farmer's higher ending level?

Stats are nice. One point is generally one damage with melee/ranged weapons, along with some other side benefits (like resists, carrying capacity, evasion/accuracy, etc.). That being said, mutation seems somewhat underwhelming since you often only really care about boosting weapon damage via stats, so only one stat will matter per character, and willpower is really only a secondary concern for a mage (max mana/mana regen). A ratman with mutation will have higher numbers across the board though, which could be helpful.

My favorite class is alchemists though. Just finished my first run through the game yesterday, and with two alchemists in the group combined with how much walking around a new player who explores everything thoroughly does, I was pretty much swimming in potion ingredients by the end of the game. In addition, as I'm sure Agent will show off, there are reasons why an excess of potion ingredients can be fantastic (for a teaser as to why, go back and reread what alchemy does at level 5, and then realize that that's only one of the great things it can do).

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 4 - Youtube

The most highly anticipated returning enemy I'm sure.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Is it just me, or is the new episode non-HD?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Agent355 posted:

Episode 4 - Youtube

The most highly anticipated returning enemy I'm sure.

A returning enemy? From the first game?

Could it be. . . Crotchbats? :ohdear:

Edit: Huzzah! Return of the Crotchbats! :swoon:

ousire fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 10, 2014

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Pierzak posted:

Is it just me, or is the new episode non-HD?

Youtube's still processing it, so if you want to watch it in HD, check back in a bit.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I could actually just wait a couple hours before posting it in the thread so the early adopters saw it in HD, but that requires patience. Of which I have none.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Agent355 posted:

I could actually just wait a couple hours before posting it in the thread so the early adopters saw it in HD, but that requires patience. Of which I have none.

Speaking of things you don't have, you missed a chest. :argh:

Even better, it's in one of the few areas you explicitly declared cleared (so it may have been intentional).

virtual256
May 6, 2007

PANTS!

I'm impressed that the game is coded to have throwing pants to damage.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

virtual256 posted:

PANTS!

Well, it certainly isn't the first or only game to have thrown miscellaneous items be capable of causing damage.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I have this strange feeling that I should call you Amuro when that flexatone sound is played, Agent355.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

virtual256 posted:

PANTS!

Amusingly, throwing items like that is one of the very few ways to attack underwater.

Also, you may have may want to take another look around the spike puzzle area thingy if you get a chance Agent, there may or may not be a thing there.

Edit: VVV Farmers don't increase food drop rates. There really is just that much food lying around, at least initially. There's less food as the game goes by, but still never such a paucity of food that you'll end up with starving dudes even if you explore everywhere and rest somewhat often. You might end up with starving dudes if you have one person hoover up literally all the food everywhere, but even then it's still likely that you'll be able to stumble over food somewhere.

Dirk the Average fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 11, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that they dropped enough food in the game for the Farmer to actually be a viable path. Or does he passively increase food drop from things that can drop food?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Would the optimal solo build in this game be a mutating rat farmer? That seems like the surest way to high levels and high stats in rapid fashion.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a point in the game where you can abuse the fact that you get a full stamina restore coming out of the water to do some casting, or do enemies just avoid areas with pools of water?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Is there a point in the game where you can abuse the fact that you get a full stamina restore coming out of the water to do some casting, or do enemies just avoid areas with pools of water?

I was thinking this, too. It's like the Mario 64 trick where breathing heals you. There are crotchbats in the area already, but I'd be worried about one of them blocking a ladder.

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
I watched the last 2 updates back to back last night so I cant recall in which you were talking about Poptarts.

But yes Paptarts Ninja takes his name form that old stable tactic in Mechwarrior games that has for better or worse existed in all multi player Mechwarrior games, and yes its a shame it killed the goon presence in MWO.

Mind you sidestepping around a corner in this game firing an AlphaStrike of all your throwing weapons and spells, and then stepping back and running away is pretty much the same thing, Ya think they should implement a spell delay when moving to counter it and balance the game?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MaskedHuzzah posted:

That reminds me, where's the drowning sound in the last video from?

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
That was the Sonic drowning theme... every time I hear it it makes me hold my breath while looking for a surface.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Panboy posted:

I watched the last 2 updates back to back last night so I cant recall in which you were talking about Poptarts.

But yes Paptarts Ninja takes his name form that old stable tactic in Mechwarrior games that has for better or worse existed in all multi player Mechwarrior games, and yes its a shame it killed the goon presence in MWO.

Mind you sidestepping around a corner in this game firing an AlphaStrike of all your throwing weapons and spells, and then stepping back and running away is pretty much the same thing, Ya think they should implement a spell delay when moving to counter it and balance the game?

I really really enjoyed mechwarrior online except for a couple glaringly awful design decision. Poptarts and god awfully huge maps were the mjajor players.

Running around in a boom jaeger was still a joy though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

MaskedHuzzah posted:

You don't get a full restore. Your stamina goes up to what it was before your swim. This means that if a character is at less than full mana, they drown sooner.

Arram Daywalker
Sep 30, 2013

Agent355 posted:

I really really enjoyed mechwarrior online except for a couple glaringly awful design decision. Poptarts and god awfully huge maps were the mjajor players.

Running around in a boom jaeger was still a joy though.

MWO had such potential. It still makes me sad that they couldn't make a compelling product out of it.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Is it just me or did that wand behind the forcefield grant a ton of resistances?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The cooldown time on the pants attack seemed pretty drat quick. I wonder if it would have been a viable tactic to use while Cow was still stuck with his starting weapon?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Calling it now, Grimrock 3 is going to have a Stripper class focused on using unorthodox thrown weaponry. LL Cow J, fastest stripper in the West.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Pierzak posted:

That reminds me, where's the drowning sound in the last video from?

The deepest recesses of my nightmares.

Jegan
Nov 5, 2009
Does the Essence of Fire work as a torch if you hold it? Does it light things up if you drop it under water?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh hey everybody, this game is 35% off on the Humble Store right now. It's not a huge discount, but it's under 20 bux (US) and that's all I needed to finally buy it. This game is really good and fun. Incidentally, gently caress THIS GAME.
e: for clarity, I received fair warning that basically said 'Maybe you should do this area later' but I was having none of that poo poo. Oh man does that area suck though.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 15, 2014

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Wrong thread, sorry.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
For anyone interested in grabbing this, Grimrock 2 is currently 20% off on steam until January 2nd. Might want to wait just in case it dips lower on a flash sale, but still a good time to buy

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

However if you decide to buy the game I'd make an effort to play ahead of the LP. A great deal of the fun of this game comes from exploration and playing into the unknown, so try and make the most of it.

Next update should be up over the weekend. I'd say tomorrow but tomorrow is actually when my family is going to celebrate christmas so I probably won't be around.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Gonna have to second that recommendation. There are some cool things in the game I would have been kind of bummed to have had spoiled for me had I not just banged out the game within a week of buying it.
e: I don't know if anyone mentioned it but you can throw bombs underwater to kill underwater things, which I wish I had known earlier.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 21, 2014

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm glad Agent is having a three day weekend. :3:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm glad Agent is having a three day weekend. :3:

4 day!

Actually the internet went out when I was uploading it during the night. TWICE.

Since my internet is horrible it kills my connection to upload so I have to commit to a good 90 minutes of no-internet while I'm awake or just upload it while I'm sleeping. Which unfortunately hasn't worked the last two nights, so I'll probably just upload it today and find something offline to entertain me. ETA like 8 hours maybe? Don't hold me to that.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 5 - Youtube

Now we get to go explore a ~new~ area, given that the last area we were in didn't seem to have any dungeon or anything. Time to pick north or south.

Agent355 posted:

ETA like 8 hours maybe?

Gah. So close!

E: oh and I almost forgot. The reason Olesh disappears in the last 4 minutes of the video is that he fell asleep :3:

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Agent355 posted:

E: oh and I almost forgot. The reason Olesh disappears in the last 4 minutes of the video is that he fell asleep :3:

Nice to see Olesh is deeply invested in the game.

• Locked thread