Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Mad Rancher posted:

I would like Meinberg to be vigged, please.

wow rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What a bunch of busy little bees. Did anything actually relevant happen?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Opopanax posted:

What a bunch of busy little bees. Did anything actually relevant happen?

Ecco claimed a one-shot dayvig that will become self inflicted if not used by the end of the day.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Maybe it's just me being a rookie, but that sounds awfully specific and contrived.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
national treasure 3: the legend of meinburg's gold

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd believe it in a large game like this.

That said, faking a dayvig is a pretty common and harmless way to generate content on D1, so I'm okay with it even if he's lying.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vig Met. Last time he was scum he lurked and poo poo on people. Last time he was town he lurked and poo poo on people.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Vig Met. Last time he was scum he lurked and poo poo on people. Last time he was town he lurked and poo poo on people.

In my game when he was corrected on using the wrong gender pronoun he said "I don't care" and when people called him a tool for it he accused them about being butthurt SJWs.

Vig Met.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Asiina posted:

In my game when he was corrected on using the wrong gender pronoun he said "I don't care" and when people called him a tool for it he accused them about being butthurt SJWs.

Vig Met.
You know, I actually almost forgot about this.

Vig Met.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
omg just read the exchange from Asiina's game, Met is such a shitheel

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
awwwee monster hugs :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't care who you lynch long as it isn't me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean vig not lynch, but I don't want that either

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monathin posted:

Maybe it's just me being a rookie, but that sounds awfully specific and contrived.
its definitely specific but totally plausible

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I am here and confirmed and it's good to see all of you and I haven't read past page 2 yet but I will right now and I won't even edit posts because I was thinking I was going to edit this one after I read some more but then I remembered I can't but hi.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have heard Ernie say before that he only claims SK when he's not town. But then I read some more and he claimed it before he got his role pm. Why would you shoot Somberbrero? He's just chilling. Also, Monathin is town, thank me later. You could vig Met I don't remember him all that well has he posted? Apparently he used an incorrect gender pronoun and then was a dick about it. I'm also going to a hockey game tomorrow with some people and maybe it'll be okay but I'm worried our team sucks this year because all of Michigan's teams suck this year. We'll see.

Is anyone around?

Also, the psychadelic octopus is the only person who's pinged me at all for scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm here

Glad you joined the game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

In my brief skim of Met's play in a Star Trek game he didn't seem that hard to read or as bad as you guys are saying. Can I get linked to objectionable material?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm here

Glad you joined the game.

Oh hi, thanks for sending me the pm to join it, it looks like we have a good player list.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Ixt!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hi Asiina! My manager offered to sell me his homemade vodka today, should I buy it? y/n

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ask for a free sample bottle and proceed from there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

In my brief skim of Met's play in a Star Trek game he didn't seem that hard to read or as bad as you guys are saying. Can I get linked to objectionable material?

Met's just kind of a lovely person, but he's more the south park "too good for caring about things" kind of lovely and not overtly slur slinging lovely

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

bowmore posted:

Ask for a free sample bottle and lapse into unconsciousness

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Well it is 130 proof, so he says. Also, thanks Opop, I heard you moved or are moving or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ixtlilton posted:

This page and the next of Voyager mafia.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

My professional analysis is that Opop is a trustworthy Canadian who provides accurate information and we should ignore that for the benefit of everyone.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And by that I mean Met's thing, not Opop giving good information which should be recognized.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ixtlilton posted:

Well it is 130 proof, so he says. Also, thanks Opop, I heard you moved or are moving or something.

That is correct.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also I'm changing my PM and I'm Le Beaver now

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Also I'm changing my PM and I'm Le Beaver now

:goku:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Can't I skip jokephase and sleep through the afternoon/evening without being called a lurker?

and people are really blowing that Star Trek game out of proportion. From my point of view, I called someone the wrong pronoun. I was corrected. I said it didn't really matter to me either way. Someone said it was lovely to not call someone what they want to be called. I insisted that it just really doesn't matter on the internet and I'm likely to do it again unintentionally. People called me a lovely human being for not memorizing every soul who posts in Mafia. I didn't much care for how rude that was over something so minor, called one of them a Social Justice Warrior because that's exactly what it was. Someone who engages in shallow arguments in on social justice with an inflated opinion on their own righteousness. The fact its being carried over into here is just a continuation of them being lovely.

The basic principles on those opinions are fine. Respect everyone regardless of differences yahta yahta. But a lot of people in that game were being exceedingly rude to someone who deviated even slightly by being apathetic. I don't much care for it. It's an extremely toxic kind of groupthink.

Vig me if you like. It's either that or I'll be lynched for an argument in another game.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what is this even

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Exactly! Right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

E/N> [Mafia] Clash on Monster Island

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Vig bowmore for being afraid to die.

Also I can't think of a time when a player's had a posting gimmick and been scum, admittedly I can only remember 2 instances, ecco in the wire and keane in the league, so if some players with more experience can weigh in on this that would be good cos if my impression right and it's a largely town gimmick I'd happily suggest vigging the people who want somber dead.

I think there's some nice irony in Met being annoyed at people being rude to him after he told them he didn't care about being polite but I don't think it's worth vigging him.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Merk in xmen when he was the Beast. He kept posting winney the pooh meets Dr. Hank McCoy fan fiction.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Merk in xmen when he was the Beast. He kept posting winney the pooh meets Dr. Hank McCoy fan fiction.

Those were in two different games, he lied about being beast in x-men, feigned a beast-related meltdown after he realised he's claimed to be beast and town but also claimed not to have read his PM yet, but he posted the Pooh meets Beast fanfic in fanfic mafia, he was scum in both though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It always blows my mind when someone makes "being a shitheel" the hill they want to die on.

Speaking of blowing minds and dying on hills:

ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPP

A tiny toy raygun fires, it produces a number of colorful lights and makes an old-timey sci-fi laser sound, but, it does appear just to be a toy.

EccoRaven posted:

Night 0 I received a one-shot dayvig (some kind of ray gun). The message said I have to use it Day 1 or else it'll blow up in my face and kill me Night 1.

I want to use it now because jokevoting is dumb but unlike literally every other dayvig in the world I am going to use it as the town sees fit.
If you quote it you'll see invisible bold tags after the letters: "L" "I" "E" and "S".

I've still got a sinking feeling about Somber tbh.

• Locked thread