Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ughhh I'm in too many games but I can't say no to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Raaaawwwwwrrrrr??

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

RRRRRR GHRAAAHHHHH RRAHAHHHGHHH (welcome back Meinberg)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Confirmed and I'm so excited to play. There is an all star class of players here. Quick what is everyone's favorite giant monster movie? I am partial to king Kong vs. Godzilla.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

anything with MST3K in front of it

Someone post the gamera song. Gamera is really sweet. Gamera is made of turtle meat!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dugong posted:

What I'm a crab and everyone else is a volcano or a God

Well we know your personality but what does that say about your monster??

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If Terrordon dies I would be so disappointed. Why would you kill the best part of the game so far?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Little Shop of Horrors~

This is a very good choice. There needs to be more giant monster musicals.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think I hung out with Terrordon in New York once. Now let me tell you about it every time Terrordon is mentioned in passing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Look man you don't put the Mona Lisa in a box. He's made this art and he's gotta let it out. The whole world needs to hear his dubstep remixes of random noises.

Also I am just gonna go out on a limb and guess that Terrordon is BP or something and that's why he's assuming this larger than life presence. Well either that or Terrordon is a VT and he's just having a blast with his great name.

Suggested vig targets: Science of Suck for hating the fun that is Terrordon. Opop, he knows what he did. Met.

Please don't vig: Meinberg, he's a national treasure.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina don't be ablist. Terrodon is so big. Imagine him trying to type a keyboard. you'd be out one keyboard! Keyboards are expensive! Terrordon has to have his followers write for him so we can understand what he's saying. Would you rather he lurk? Because I sure wouldn't!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg is a national treasure don't vig him. He came out of "retirement" for this. At least let him survive day 1.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Merk in xmen when he was the Beast. He kept posting winney the pooh meets Dr. Hank McCoy fan fiction.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Hah! Even I, Krak, herald of Terrordon laugh at this. Terrordon has proof against missiles fired by rude and hateful soldiers, so of course He has proof against bullets. Terrordon's wrath is matched only by his generosity, He has instructed me to offer you a boon for amusing Him so. This is an honor few have ever been allowed, cherish your day Armored Arachnid.

Oh mighty Terrordon. If I can have the honor, it would please me to go on a one-on-one game of basketball against your mightiness. I may not be as powerful as the greatness of Terrordon but it would please me to attempt to slam a dunk with your almighty mercilessness.

As for volunteering for the volcano, that's not very good odds that the volcano is gonna get saved. It's basically all or nothing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

we should volunteer people we think are scummy

We can't volunteer other people. Folks can only choose themselves.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

I still agree with Ernie's logic, although I'm not sure how all that meant "therefore we should fullclaim" in an earlier post.

Yeah that was mainly the part that I didn't get. Although now Ernie's cleared it away as just a joke, I still don't like it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Ernie is posting, and honestly I'm sick of playing with lurkers. Give him a day pass if for no other reason than he's trying, probably harder than you are. I would be angry if I were him too.

I could be down for just a plain and simple lurker cuddle. Motley has straight up 2 posts in this game that's "I'm in" and "confirmed." There is nothing lost voting him. He's not a new player. As of right now he hasn't shown that he's anything but dead weight. Let's dump some chumps and make the game stronger overall. ##vote Motley

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Everyone, let us be like America for the 30 years before the Civil War. Let's ignore this debate of whether Ecco or Ernie are scummy (falling on the Ecco side, but that's neither here nor there) and get rid of complete dead weight tonight. Help me make this island Motley-less.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ixt thoughts:

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, the psychadelic octopus is the only person who's pinged me at all for scum.

This is the only thing pinging my scumdar right now about Ixt's posts. "this guy is scum, okay see ya!" He never ends up explaining why. I guess you could say throughout his posts he's just dropping reads to make it seem like he's dropping reads and not actually giving any explanation.

I don't think his side chatting is scummy, especially this early in the game. There was nothing wrong with vodkachat or Opop chat. Although him getting mad at Ernie for saying that he was scummy seems like he is on a hair trigger. But I do remember him getting easily frustrated. I'm not really seeing him being scum.

Somber on a side note I'm so bummed that you had to drop your Terrordon PR because you have no access to a laptop.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

He's in the lead, as in, he has the most votes, as in, all else being equal he is the easiest to vote off. Why would I jynx a good thing?

I dunno why you'd jynx it but I know you could always "jinx" it. It seems so petty for me to say that a two vote (edit: now one vote) lead when it's a 4 v. 2 scenario is this make him the easiest to vote off. Technically yes but we are still a long long way to go.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

In general it's not good to unvote people based on claims.

If you agree to recharge Meinberg though I'll agree to vote someone else.

Thank god you are here telling us what is good and what is not good. We would be lost like babes in the wood if you weren't here telling us when something is a good thing or a bad thing. Tell us more, oh great Ecco.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Context is importantttt

You are just mafiadadding pretty hard and are pretty condescending in the process and I am not a fan of it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

What are you doing?

Who would switch to Hurt? This poo poo is unhelpful.

I don't like the holier-than-thou attitude Ecco is taking with the discussion. The fact that part of Ecco's argument on why Ernie not Ixt was

EccoRaven posted:

Nah I'm ignoring Ixt because I don't find the case that persuasive, and I like my feeling on Ernie, and Ernie is in the lead, so, I have no reason to sabotage it.

I totally understand not feeling the case on Ixt. I don't really feel like it holds water as well. But saying that Ernie is in the lead when he had all of 4 votes when it takes 12 to actually lynch was pretty dumb to cling to. Aside from that Ecco has just been a dick all day and I'm just tired of it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Well boy howdy sir you have me convinced

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

For those that don't get it, the scum mind set here is (and I did this myself and recently took it out of my game once I realized it): I really should look like I have something to say about the current majority lynch candidate. What can I say that is completely unhelpful but looks helpful?

Combine that with him willingly diving into an argument with Ecco that does not do even the slightest poo poo towards finding us scum and you have yourself an amazing d1 case - a d1 case that you should vote behind.

Context helps when looking at the posts.

Somberbrero posted:

Alright, but Ixt also has very little content but that very little content is scummy.

Somber said look at Ixt in response to my push Motley since he had two posts. I did and only found him a little bit sketchy, and didn't think that was strong enough for Somber's push.

merk posted:

Hurt is diving into this Ecco discussion and has not even voted anyone or explained to us who he thinks is scum. He is playing like a Survivor.

I actually have voted so you are actually just making things up Merk.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

One would assume. No way for us to know since he is a quiet ghost.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So aside from Fier and Ixt who is actually here?? Because barring some kind of miracle there's no way we're making it to those 12 votes.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Gonna throw my vote on the ##vote Ixt pile primarily because I want to see if we can stop this from a No-lynch. But at the same time it seems like nobody is here.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'll apologize in case you actually get cuddled but I am 99 percent sure that it ain't gonna happen. Enjoy your game Ixt. I'm going to bed.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Why Mush?? Now Ernie won't be able to let Meinberg be our gun of justice!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

:911:

American Girls and American Guys
We’ll always stand up and salute
We’ll always recognize
When we see Waves of Grain Flying
There’s a lot of monsters dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head

My daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye