Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
1. E - For :science:
2. E - Our crew will thrive on solutions built from duct tape and bullshit!
3. A - Because it worked out so well for us last time!

Glad to see this story picking up again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
B

1c3 may have let us down in the past, but I'm sure he'll come through for us this time!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
If we can figure out how to do D, then I'm confident that it will be the right choice.

Maybe we have an empty Zima bottle? That's got to be better than us pushing buttons directly!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
It's a little known fact that our captain is a master Drunk-welder!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

stevey666 posted:

Just to be clear, are we welding with tools or with one of our hands? Or both? And who do you want to weld with you if anyone?

One is very loving dangerous, the other is seriously very loving dangerous.

Welder in one hand, use our natural welding ability with the other. We'll get the job done in half the time!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

Colonel Wood posted:

This. And bring everyone to have a weld off. Whoever finishes their assigned section first wins a night with a prostitute at the next port

Unless it's Natalia or Cassandra. If they win, they get a night with Hugh!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
D. "Everybody, let go of the ship! 1c3 (or AI, whoever is more appropriate), electrify the hull!"

The ships are partially welded together. With any luck, we'll fry the bastards in the open airlock.

Edit: I realize our ship may not come equipped with a system to electrify the hull, but this detail doesn't matter to Hugh. Decisive action (and lots of alcohol) are what matter to Hugh. Details are for other people to worry about!

Phearson fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 29, 2014

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

Outrail posted:

Best worst/worst best plan

All our dicking around with our ships electricals makes this a potentially viable plan? I'm confused how we haven't accidentally done it already.

Hugh doesn't do anything by "accident"

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
Well, we're just going to have to assume that Hugh had been able to mitigate 5 of those reasons during alcohol-fueled fugue states. I'm not opposed to rolling the dice on the other two.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

Colonel Wood posted:

I think its a challenge to continue to think of the worst/best courses of action

Just another way of saying "outside the box" really

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
D. Hugh doesn't do anything small, so he should have a fuel tank for the welding torch attached to his suit, and a nice, long hose going from it to the torch itself. None of this "all-in-one" handheld crap.

Hearkening back to his days spent in the space rodeo, he should have no problem throwing the torch and catching it on the ship to pull himself in.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
A!

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

Colonel Wood posted:

We vent our suit's built in booze supply into the welder line for one last burst of thrust (and use a finger to plug the hole in the welder line). There's a lot of booze in this suit! Who said alcohol never got ol Hugh anywhere?

This man speaks true

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
*slow clap*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?
The AI should retrieve it body and turn it into a sentient burger

• Locked thread