Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
What nice catholic girls actually believe

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Even if it's no longer relevant, it is still awesome!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Nobody gives a poo poo about alien abductions except for the idiots who watch The History Channel so no.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

EvilJoven posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about alien abductions except for the idiots who watch The History Channel so no.

Ancient Aliens is the new X-Files

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
this is now the new GBS dana scully thread

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Dongattack posted:

Scully is immortal. Discuss

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

ProfessorMurder posted:

Gingers have no souls, which is why the aliens don't want her.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I want to grieve.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

ProfessorMurder posted:

Leperflesh posted:

Oh man.

Back in the olden days when people still had to use modems to access the information superhighway and what you did when you wanted to see sexy pictures was scrape them off of terrible usenet newsgroups using automated uuencode decoder software and then organize them in folders on your hard drive, I did that with Gillian Anderson pics.

Don't judge me. This is a safe space.

Since I never delete anything (why bother, hard drives just double in size every couple years), here you go. I swear I had not plumbed this corner of my archives for years but this thread reminded me.

There might be one or two fakes in here, I dunno

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Dongattack posted:

gently caress too late!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's still a good show, as long as you stick to the standalone monster-of-the-week episodes. They hold up fine. The ongoing conspiracy stuff always bored me, and I don't imagine it aged very well.

Scully's hair and clothes in the first couple seasons are 90's hideous

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

perhaps the same could be said of all religions...............

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

ProfessorMurder posted:

Ancient Aliens is the new X-Files
Please do not insult xfiles

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

X-Files is more of a 90s Time Capsule than anything else.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Just got a mail from amazon that i can get the whole series for like $60 so thats pretty relevant

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean I appreciate X-Files as someone who didn't watch it in the 90s, especially as someone who likes all the genre fiction it influenced, but it seems really loving quaint in a post-9/11 America no joke :911:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

The fact that David Duchovny is just as hot today as he was when I was a girl makes me happy in a way I can't describe in polite company :unsmith:

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I only watch x-files when gbs is talking about it.

Conspiracy?? :ninja:

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

this is like the hundredth thread on the subject in gbs this year so I guess yeah.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Also the idea of FEMA being used to help alien colonization was legit scary before Katrina disproved the notion of FEMA ever helping any refugees

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Its relevant to SA, because we have the weekly thread about it. Someone should revive the Agent Cooper thread or start a tradition of weekly Twin Peaks threads imho, considering its revival its especially relevant in 2014 imho.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i want to believe plow scully

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

they should remake all the X-Files scene for scene but with hank moody instead of mulder

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

lol

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man I watched the COPS/X-files crossover episode a few days ago and it was really good. So I'd confidentially say that Scully is hot.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man I watched the COPS/X-files crossover episode a few days ago and it was really good. So I'd confidentially say that Scully is hot.

dat bitch had tha Hanta virus.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ProfessorMurder posted:

dat bitch had tha Hanta virus.

That was such a good part! Man that was thoroughly excellent episode.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
scully is my headmate waifu

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I watched x-files when i was a little kid in the 90s and it was pretty loving scary to kid me. pretty good show.

hasn't been relevant in a long rear end time though

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I like John Doggett. That one episode where some dude is actually becoming the terminator and he's all like, "That only happens in the movies", with a smirk on his face.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also gently caress anyone who says it's not relevant, I'm rewatching the entire thing and it blows away any dumb poo poo shows on these days.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
seriously, if Gillian Anderson came up to me and wanted to do it, i would be all over that in a flash

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WWAAAAHHHHHHH we're afraid of real character development and god forbid we kill anyone off unless they are leaving for some movie contract.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

why did x have to die

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

most story episodes sucked

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

the X-files added up to a whole lot of disappointment. It was the proto-Lost, I guess.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
gillian anderson looks better now as a middle aged blonde than she did in the xfiles, the 90s didnt agree with her

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 13, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

never forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwjZ2_87y1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Not a single nip

• Locked thread