Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

so full of win even internet serious fun article website Vice wrote some poo poo about it

ive watched it 29193 times, how about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I was gonna watch it but then like everyone on my twitter feed watch clamoring about it and how you HAD to watch it so now I'm not gonna watch it nor do I ever want to watch it.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i watched it 1/3 a time, op

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
it's not even funny

i don't get it

why is it funny. is it just because it's so ~random~

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

imo its not really that great but people loving loooove a bandwagon and this one has the "eh you just dont GET this type of ironic humor" bonus elitism multiplier

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

First half was good, second half was super garbage crap

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post

queertea posted:

it's not even funny

i don't get it

why is it funny. is it just because it's so ~random~

its pretty funny, just not as funny as its given credit for. i think 'don't hug me i'm scared' and its sequels nailed the humour a bit more and are a little less derivative

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The past few days have been weird. I've heard 'Too Many Cooks' over and over, but I had no idea what it was until I clicked your link. I gathered that it was a show, but for some reason I got the impression it was some old British show. You have to admit it does sound like an old British show. Well, now I know it's a "surrealist anti-comedy" show on Adult Swim. Honestly, I like that sort of thing, so I'll probably like this too.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Fonzarelli posted:

First half was good, second half was super garbage crap
the Sci-Fi bit was pretty cool.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Nah

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I was gonna watch it but then like everyone on my twitter feed watch clamoring about it and how you HAD to watch it so now I'm not gonna watch it nor do I ever want to watch it.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I stopped watching halfway through. I did enjoy the first few minutes though. I didn't expect it to keep going.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Sir John Feelgood posted:

The past few days have been weird. I've heard 'Too Many Cooks' over and over, but I had no idea what it was until I clicked your link. I gathered that it was a show, but for some reason I got the impression it was some old British show. You have to admit it does sound like an old British show. Well, now I know it's a "surrealist anti-comedy" show on Adult Swim. Honestly, I like that sort of thing, so I'll probably like this too.
nah actually it's just a one of several one-off skits that they put on at 4:00 am to spook stoners

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

they're both really good

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

It's alright. It starts off with a bit of a Tim and Eric vibe, but then pushes the joke too far until it becomes tiresome. The rest is interspersed with some decent filler gags, but that's about it.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I don't use Twitter, so excuse my ignorance, but aren't those people on your feed your friends?

But even if they're not your friends, why is it so bad that a lot of people are enthusiastic about something? Maybe you should watch this show, and if you like it, you could join them in being enthusiastic about it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
My main takeaway from it was that the topless girl was pretty cute at least.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Too Many Cooks Took Many Cooks

It's actually pretty catchy.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
fun thing. internet give good fun thing.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I don't use Twitter, so excuse my ignorance, but aren't those people on your feed your friends?

But even if they're not your friends, why is it so bad that a lot of people are enthusiastic about something? Maybe you should watch this show, and if you like it, you could join them in being enthusiastic about it.

http://youtu.be/3iV8X8ubGCc

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

:goonsay:

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Watched like half of it and I didn't laugh yet so I turned it off.

I get that it's supposed to be ironically funny or whatever and it worked until it kept going and going and going and going and

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Butyraceous posted:

Watched like half of it and I didn't laugh yet so I turned it off.

I get that it's supposed to be ironically funny or whatever and it worked until it kept going and going and going and going and

They are trying to be Liartown USA. And failed.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I really liked when it kept going the first time and the guy hosed up the picture again with the bigger family and then it lost me

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I watched it and it's not as funny as people make it out to be.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Japanese Phone Box posted:

I watched it and it's not as funny as people make it out to be.

twitter users... getting excited over nothing???

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
honey i think that's not true

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bike without wheels posted:

its pretty funny, just not as funny as its given credit for.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kill yourself op

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
To enjoy this, you absolutely have to watch past the first 3 minutes, where at that point it finally breaks the monotony and becomes creative and interesting.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I didn't finish it because it was only moderately funny and went on too long maybe I'm aging out of Adult Swim's target demographic

(e: specifically I watched up to the part where they're in space)

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
GBS, truly on the cutting edge of being over things.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oppa gangnam style, op

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
This would have been interesting 14 years ago when you actually had to stay up until 4am to watch it, but technology just makes it dumb.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

RAGE HOLE posted:

GBS, truly on the cutting edge of being over things.

I would bet you actual cash dollars most posters in this forum are over the age of 25 which puts us outside the demographic of most things, yes

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
This is old news. Saw that poo poo on reddit like two weeks ago.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The video was kinda funny, but I really don't see how they're going to make this into a series without the joke running dangerously thin.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched I think half way it was like an ok SNL skit I guess???? (terrible)

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Typical Pubbie posted:

This would have been interesting 14 years ago when you actually had to stay up until 4am to watch it, but technology just makes it dumb.

That perfect hair forever marathon with the lovely fansubs was a work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

I watched it once, a few days ago and I'm still thinking about it. True art, imo.

• Locked thread