Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Hitting them with a rolled up newspaper until your arm gets tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergeant Handsome
Nov 26, 2012
those sonic fans just gotta get laid brah

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

a self-inventory of how loving stupid you are / why no one likes you

and weed

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
people with autism are possessed by satan

an exorcism is needed to return your child to normal

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Das Butterbrot posted:

scientists can cure symptoms of aauttism in mice by putting microbes in ttheir butt, i read an article about it today
some goon in another thread suggested that since buttcrobes don't get inside a butthole in the womb, the baby butt needs to come into contact with mommy's butt bacteria during birth in order for the baby's digestion to work properly

sounds about right

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

The Royal touch can cure all ailments.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress Your Website posted:

That kid will grow up to post here

haha the kid is dead

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
gender reassignment.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Pharmaceutically significant doses of Sonic the Hedgehog and Bubsy on the SEGA Genesis, no wait, sorry thats to CAUSE autism, there is no cure :(

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Das Butterbrot posted:

scientists can cure symptoms of aauttism in mice by putting microbes in ttheir butt, i read an article about it today

How does putting microbes in your butt cure autism in mice?
This sounds like shamanism.

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011
next time don't get vaccinations STUPID

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
The day autism is cured is the day the SA forum will cease to exist.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
I have a groundbreaking idea: how about negative reinforcement in a way that doesn't require average social understanding to get? Basically either explain the reason (also never trust an autistic to implicitly understand abstract words like "gross") or give it straight away like you would to an animal.

It's pretty much a language barrier except the language autistics don't know is something that no one has completely formalized so it's really hard to teach. I imagine you could roleplay an autistic p.well by learning a foreign language and then moving into the country without knowing about the cultural norms and also never having listened to an actual conversation in that language.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How does putting microbes in your butt cure autism in mice?
This sounds like shamanism.
one of the myriad of things that gets labeled as autism is a hosed up digestion

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
Negative reinforcement is different than punishment. Negative reinforcement is a good thing just like positive reinforcement. Punishment is less effective than reinforcement in general.
In conclusion, use candy.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Lots of anime. The exaggerated facial expressions will slowly cause the autist to understand basic body language and emotions.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

ashgromnies posted:

haha the kid is dead

LOL kid got owned by his mom DAMMN

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
lsd + ketamine + weed

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Greeks and Roman cured it by leaving the special babies on a hillside

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I secretly developed the ability to detect autists in a 50 meter radius

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
A bucket full of feces and urine usually does the trick.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Pretty sure my sperm cures most diseases. Give it a taste OP.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Life hack: a bullet to the head cures every disease in existence

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

pick up 100 boxes of these

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine if autists could communicate with each other

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

Imagine if autists could communicate with each other

Know the short story by philip k dick? where the cephaloid babymen creatures can tell the future via telepathy with eachother. it was based off two autists sharing a trainset

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Autism owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

don't cure autism they're funny to watch

• Locked thread