Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Goons are citing this so terribly often, it should be renamed the Gooning-Kruger effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

Is there a name for the thing where you obsessively follow people who are effected by Dunning-Kruger on the internet op

twitch.tv

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

Goons are citing this so terribly often, it should be renamed the Gooning-Kruger effect.

lol

they should call it... the Gooning-Lowtax effect

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
im a genius with an iq of 400 and im really good at arm wrestling

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the secret is to blend in as part of the crowd until just the right moment when you can optimally make other people feel bad about how dumb they are

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I dunno it seems to me there's alot more Krugering than Dunninging itt, but I maybe suffering from confirmation bias.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
I think they should study people who know about this effect's ability for self assessment. The meta dunning Kruger effect.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

cargo cult sunk cost fallacy dunning-kruger effect for all intensive purposes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
IM SO GOD drat loving GOOD AT DRIVING EVERYONE ELSE IS A REEETARD

*stomps on brakes before crashing into a lightpole in rage*

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I always wonder about this but I didn't know the name for it. I think about it a lot

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7fqaNNXQMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Tarquinn posted:

Well I don't listen to people because -I- am the best, so I wouldn't know about this

• Locked thread