Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Their generic beer is really good for $4/sixer beer.

also, canned dolma

This is the stuff:

6.2% but it doesn't taste like a high alc beer. Yum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Demonachizer posted:

lol do you know much about wine? Wine having sediment isn't on its own a bad thing nor considered a fault.

I know a little, but cheapo wines from Trader Joe's aren't exactly enhanced by a mouthful of poo poo.

Sediment belongs in high-end wine that's aged, and even then, not everyone likes it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Red posted:

I know a little, but cheapo wines from Trader Joe's aren't exactly enhanced by a mouthful of poo poo.

Sediment belongs in high-end wine that's aged, and even then, not everyone likes it

:words:

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

I haven't seen it in my life outside of Trader Joe's :shrug:

Well, I currently live in the Pacific NW, AKA the land of endless white people, so it is probably a bottled tea haven.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
they got tejava at ralphs, albertsons, costco, alpha-beta, etc.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
trader joes is great for buying cheap as poo poo spices and seasonings. their cheese selection isn't terrible but not super great. avoid their produce and meat. some of their frozen stuff is good, some not. basicially go there to buy condiments, booze, snacks and poo poo but not for actual food shopping

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
there is no joe here

only trader ming

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
a trader joes I went to in CA had a bottle of 18 year old single malt for like 30 bucks

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

spooky girlfriend posted:

Well, I currently live in the Pacific NW, AKA the land of endless white people, so it is probably a bottled tea haven.

Yeah it's everywhere around here but then I have to remember not everyone lives in a place where you can g buy fermented turmeric soda at your local hippie grocer. Seriously gently caress that poo poo tho, fermented soda is gross and costs like 4 dollars a bottle if I ever meet this "wylie" fellow i'm gonna kick him in the taint.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Skinny King Pimp posted:

it's the us brand of aldi nord. aldi sud is just aldi in america.

That explains a lot of the complaints, Aldi nord is the far inferior Aldi

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my trader joe's had this up in their store before corporate decided it didn't fit their theme

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Huh, three pages and no mention of Speculoos cookie butter, you goons are slipping.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Get their God drat frozen macaroni and cheese its so loving good.

Real cheese. Real good. Real loving good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Get their God drat frozen macaroni and cheese its so loving good.

Real cheese. Real good. Real loving good.

they have a "Guilt-Free Lite" mac and cheese that's quoted as "half the calories" but if you look at it, it's like literaly half the size (normal is 14 oz, lite is 7 oz) for 2/3rds the price and it's same calories per serving

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

they have a "Guilt-Free Lite" mac and cheese that's quoted as "half the calories" but if you look at it, it's like literaly half the size (normal is 14 oz, lite is 7 oz) for 2/3rds the price and it's same calories per serving

at least they don't compromise on flavor and know that fatasses wont do math and just eat the whole box regardless

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I go to Stop and Shop because it's right down the street. Honestly their prices are poo poo but at least it's not Shaws.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Too bad I live in Pennsylvanistan and no booze at trader joes.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

TJ's is really just a really nice snack shop. As a grocery store, it's farily lovely though. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are loving amazing, their store brand verison of Oreos (Joe-Joe's) are actually better than Oreos, and the peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets (both with and without salt) are pretty loving good. It's also the only place that I've ever seen frozen gnocchi entrees, so I usually grab a couple of those too.

Basically, go get your meat, produce, bread, etc. at a real grocery store, snacks at TJ's.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

what is this like a hipster supermarket or something?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Infidel Castro posted:

TJ's is really just a really nice snack shop. As a grocery store, it's farily lovely though. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are loving amazing, their store brand verison of Oreos (Joe-Joe's) are actually better than Oreos, and the peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets (both with and without salt) are pretty loving good. It's also the only place that I've ever seen frozen gnocchi entrees, so I usually grab a couple of those too.

Basically, go get your meat, produce, bread, etc. at a real grocery store, snacks at TJ's.

You basically hit the nail on the head. Cheap liquor, cheap tasty chips, cheap frozen stuff for when you're throwing a party and need snacks, tiny little stroopwafels, etc. It's the adult version of those candy shops that had barrels of neat poo poo and big metal scoops. I will argue that their bread is quality, so long as you plan on eating it the same day you buy it.

Vorik posted:

what is this like a hipster supermarket or something?

It's sort of like Aldi for your quirky aunt.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 13, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mikemil828 posted:

Huh, three pages and no mention of Speculoos cookie butter, you goons are slipping.

THey turned it into an ice cream. It's not that great to get its own ice cream!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSizePotato posted:

they have some pretty good stuff, op. not expensive either.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FogHelmut posted:

at least they don't compromise on flavor and know that fatasses wont do math and just eat the whole box regardless

Lmao at anyone who doesn't eat the entire package of whatever they have.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nonsense posted:

THey turned it into an ice cream. It's not that great to get its own ice cream!

dunno cookie ice cream sounds pretty good

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gummy penguins and strawberry ice cream mochi.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Infidel Castro posted:

It's also the only place that I've ever seen frozen gnocchi entrees, so I usually grab a couple of those too.

They now have shelf stable gnocchi just sittin out next to the pasta and there is no fuckin way Im gonna trust that

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Infidel Castro posted:

100% this. Trying to persuade my fiancee that we shouldn't make it our primary store b/c the things we actually eat (vegetables, fruit, meat) are more expensive and lower quality there, but she's gotta have her chocolate coated espresso beans.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Apollodorus posted:

100% this. Trying to persuade my fiancee that we shouldn't make it our primary store b/c the things we actually eat (vegetables, fruit, meat) are more expensive and lower quality there, but she's gotta have her chocolate coated espresso beans.

The other secret is Trader Joes gets stuff from the same places as Giant or Safeway, then just rebrands it for a higher markup.

On the bright side it tends to attract nice scenery.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
Just here to reiterate that Trader Joe's is good, but mostly for booze, condiments, and eccentric/quirky snacks. Meat and produce I would get elsewhere.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pillow Clerk posted:

Just here to reiterate that Trader Joe's is good, but mostly for booze, condiments, and eccentric/quirky snacks. Meat and produce I would get elsewhere.

Yeah the meat is overpriced and the produce is pretty bad.

I miss not being close to H mart after moving.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 14, 2014

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I live in the part of the south where there is no Publix so realistically I do need a TJs in my life

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im glad i have a trader joes and a regular grocery store within similar distance because trader joes is absolute poo poo if you actually want to cook something

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pillow Clerk posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

California has this weird hippy grocery chain called Green Sprouts but it's bomb produce/meat.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

California has this weird hippy grocery chain called Green Sprouts but it's bomb produce/meat.

those used to be bony's and then henry's

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
lol its just called sprouts and they are pretty cool but they dont got that trader mings chicken son

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
henrys was kind of ridiculous im glad they got pwned

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

fyodor posted:

henrys was kind of ridiculous im glad they got pwned

sprouts is henry's they just changed the name to rebrand due to bad press.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

sprouts is henry's they just changed the name to rebrand due to bad press.

What was the bad press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

spooky girlfriend posted:

What was the bad press.

hippies are gross and and testing for food contamination just involves a whole bunch of chemicals which hippies want no part of. Which is bad when their organic suppliers use raw poo poo to fertilize.

so ecoli or salmonella.

• Locked thread