Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love the fact that the chicken can Intenso.

Now I want to see someone to an Intenso Chicken run for a section of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Looked it up in curiousity. Apparently X'tabay is roughly pronounced "Shta-bye".

Also, INTENSO CHICKEN is the best thing ever.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

To preface the below, I should stress that I am not a linguist; I'm just making educated guesses based on Wikipedia and such.

I'm guessing that the reason the 'x' is pronounced as [ʃ] (ie, the sh sound) rather than as [x] (as in the ch sound of Bach or loch) is that the name was originally Mesoamerican rather than strictly Spanish. (For instance the Mexican state Oaxaca is pronounced /waˈxaka/ in its standard transliteration into Spanish, but the original Nahuatl was /waːsʃakak/.)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

Also, INTENSO CHICKEN is the best thing ever.

It really is. I'm glad I tried it on a whim while recording, because I had no idea that the chicken could intenso at all.

I'll be sure to do it at least one more time before the LP is over.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You should have intensod the other chicken forms.

Intenso football forever.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

So far as I know Intenso only has three skins: Juan, Tostada, and chicken. Otherwise your costume/skin is irrelevant.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

NGDBSS posted:

So far as I know Intenso only has three skins: Juan, Tostada, and chicken. Otherwise your costume/skin is irrelevant.

Correct. No matter what skin you Intenso in, your Intenso form is always the same.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

kalonZombie posted:

Correct. No matter what skin you Intenso in, your Intenso form is always the same.

Well that's disappointing.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'd played the Gold Edition before STCE came out, but I'd not quite managed to complete all the powerups/challenge rooms/Combo Chicken sessions. To be honest, I'd purchased STCE when it was released but hadn't touched it until a few weeks ago.

And now I've managed to get absolutely everything - powerups, challenge rooms, quests (many of the later Combo Chicken requests are complete bullshit, but I still did them), and even the weirder achievements. So thanks for the inspiration, kalonZombie, and keep up the good work!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we learn that Heave is the most terrible out of all of us and is willing to make the jokes we don't want to.

Episode 5: You might be Tim Taylor. ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)

Tomorrow, Ape and I (maybe Heave if he wants in I haven't asked) will be streaming some Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and complaining about the Star Wars EU and how stupid it is (spoiler: its really stupid). If you want to watch it'll be at 9 PM EST at https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonZombie .

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
You better be talking about the loving light whips, I mean seriously who thought that was a good idea :v:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So am I misremembering or was X'tabay moved for STCE? I could've sworn I fought her in the forest...

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

She was in Pueblucho in the Gold Edition as well, so either you're misremembering or it was only the original game (on PS3/Vita) that did things differently.

Also, it's probably a good time to note that Xtabay actually has a significant backstory outside of the game. (I don't recall you guys mentioning it before, but if I've forgotten then by all means tell me.) Given the pronunciation chat above she's a demon (or the equivalent thereof) in Mesoamerican folklore who would seduce a lover to his doom (typically by throwing him some fatal distance) and then tear out his heart. If you're interested there's more on the subject either at Wikipedia (which in turn sources from some Yucatan tour guide which I've not read) or from the links at the bottom of said page.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Mexican skeletons? El Pollo Diablo? What is this, Monkey Island 3?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You mention how goats are our friends in many ways, but interestingly enough, they can be trained to be wet-nurses; in the U.K. it was how a lot of foundlings were fed when they were babies. Hence female goats being 'nanny'-goats.

Braitty
Oct 8, 2014
How is it that none of you mentioned the little detail that hair-demon-lady attacked you using zelda fairies or is that part of the don't mention the memes?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Braitty posted:

How is it that none of you mentioned the little detail that hair-demon-lady attacked you using zelda fairies or is that part of the don't mention the memes?

They weren't Zelda fairies, they were glowing human hearts with wings.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

wiegieman posted:

They weren't Zelda fairies, they were glowing human hearts with wings.

Zelda fairies might as well be flying hearts :v:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Happy new year! Here's a new video.

Episode 6 - Is there any gay Devil fiction? ... Youtube ... Polsy ... Hosted (Coming soon)

Also to kick off the new year, Skippy and I did a riff a few weeks ago. I finally got off my lazy rear end and edited it. The CD-I is the poo poo, man!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Echoing the love for Flameface, he's easily the best character in the game. Probably the easiest boss due to really obvious telegraphs, but he makes up for it with style in spades.

edit: Oh, and gently caress that QR code.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 1, 2015

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

edit: Oh, and gently caress that QR code.
Oh? It's not terribly substantive, but at least it's not some cryptic rabbit hole.

That QR Code posted:

- Congratulations! You successfully identified and scanned a QR code! Great Job!

- Félicitations! QR Code Numérisées!

- Congratulazioni! Codice a barre Scansionati!

- Glückwünsche! QR Code Gescannt!

- ˇFelicidades! ˇCódigo QR Eescaneados!

<3 Drinkbox Studios

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Well, at least you know what fanfic to overlay during the challenge rooms

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 1, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

Well, at least you know what fanfic to overlay during the challenge rooms
Yeah, well, I ended up finding, downloading and learning how to fiddle with a QR code reader for that one. Talk about anticlimax.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that they're incorporating pretty much every major gimmick in boss fights. That was some good scene-switch battle.

Calaca also had some amazing timing on that chickenation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Uh... did you guys fight the skeletal maharachi band boss yet, or..?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Samovar posted:

Uh... did you guys fight the skeletal maharachi band boss yet, or..?

No they didn't

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
By the way, this LP convinced me to get this on my Wii U to play with my brother while we are both home for the holidays, and we're having a great time. So thanks for that!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Glazius posted:

I like that they're incorporating pretty much every major gimmick in boss fights. That was some good scene-switch battle.

Calaca also had some amazing timing on that chickenation.
I can't help but wonder, did Calaca chicken-ize Juan, or did Juan chickenize himself, in order to keep Calaca's guard down?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey look, an update again. This time we start the second of two new areas in the game, but before that we start our path to the GOOD ENDING.

Episode 7: Wrassletalk ... Youtube ... Polsy

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if you mentioned that, but the elite esqueletos are STCE only... And thank God for that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you're grabbing something, can you switch them to another dimension as well?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I take it the murals in the background tell the story of the lady-wrestler?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Samovar posted:

I take it the murals in the background tell the story of the lady-wrestler?

The ones in the first area told the backstory of the ladywrestler, I think this one is jaguarman.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

If you're grabbing something, can you switch them to another dimension as well?

Nope. If you dimension swap while holding something, if they don't exist in both dimensions, you lose the grab.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that Intenso is implemented as an alternate costume that you can just swap to on the fly, which is why everyone has the same Intenso outfit and why there's only one Intenso chicken.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, you bastard. You cut RIGHT at the giant skeleton machine! Oh lord that thing, I can't wait to see you like suplex it or whatever.

Also, are you familiar with World Wide Wrestling?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Time to beat up more skellingtons.

Episode 8 - Skulls ... Youtube ... Polsy

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I like white chocolate. It may be an abomination before the gods of cocoa beans but it's a tasty one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kraid's close, But he's no Crocomire.

He also becomes an esqueleto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Chocolate cookies can be well imrpoved with a bit of spice. Just make sure to stir in a little of them, and to make sure you just use the seeds.

• Locked thread