Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/meast/isis-currency/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
I would join ISIS if they were willing to pay me in Dogecoins.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
You see gold is worth something because people think it is unlike fiat currency that is only valuable because people think it is.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

SirDan3k posted:

You see gold is worth something because people think it is unlike fiat currency that is only valuable because people think it is.

DUH

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Gold dragons

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Time to send over Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to give ISIS the Nixon Shocker.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Apthous posted:

I would join ISIS if they were willing to pay me in Dogecoins.

doge is najis, brother. allah knows best.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Rand Paul/al-Baghdadi '16

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SirDan3k posted:

No man, gold has REAL INTRINSIC VALUE because it is shiny and can be used in electronics and poo poo.

You can't coat your high end cable connectors with dollar bills.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
drat, it's like LF and 4chan's /b/ forum had a baby

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

But is the gold purestrain?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
wanna flip coins, heads or tails?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Astrolite
Jun 29, 2005

Ero Ninja Gundam!
Pillbug

quote:

The currency will include seven coins: two gold, three silver and two copper.
The move is "purely dedicated to God" and will remove Muslims from the "global economic system that is based on satanic usury," ISIS said.

Purestrain godgold confirmed.

Also i would like to buy one bread for one gold please

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
gold silver and copper

where's the platinum to go with those clerics

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hifi entushiasts confirmed as ISIS agents for propping up the value of gold. I always knew it!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Astrolite posted:

Purestrain godgold confirmed.

Also i would like to buy one bread for one gold please

better than communist serbia where it was 500 billion fiat for a loaf of bread, 500 billion had it's own bill to make it easier to carry.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SplitSoul posted:

Our dogecoins shall fall upon western fiat like qassams

cryptocurrency insh'allah

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TOILETLORD posted:

better than communist serbia where it was 500 billion fiat for a loaf of bread, 500 billion had it's own bill to make it easier to carry.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Invest with Monex!

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Honestly it's a smart move for them. They can't back a currency they print through conventional means and have no access to the world financial markets. These metals have a solid value in and outside of ISIS area and can be traded throughout the world. If they went with a modern paper currency, it would quickly become worth less than monopoly money.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shadoer posted:

Honestly it's a smart move for them. They can't back a currency they print through conventional means and have no access to the world financial markets. These metals have a solid value in and outside of ISIS area and can be traded throughout the world. If they went with a modern paper currency, it would quickly become worth less than monopoly money.

what if each paper note had a small amount of gold leaf on it so they could stretch their gold further?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

Tito did nothing wrong.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

TOILETLORD posted:

what if each paper note had a small amount of gold leaf on it so they could stretch their gold further?

Probably wouldn't work out well for them. Coins are pretty easy to manufacture, while bills with things like gold leaf attached would require real effort and manufacturing capabilities.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I like how ISIS is doing everything conservatives in this country want to do themselves. From the gold standard to killing brown people.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MegaGatts posted:

I like how ISIS is doing everything conservatives in this country want to do themselves. From the gold standard to killing brown people.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

MegaGatts posted:

hey now be fair a lot of us don't really want a gold standard, just a standard, i'd be happier with a quartz is worthless right? A quartz backed dollar instead of a nothing backed dollar, heck make 1 dollar= 1 glass beer bottle or a soda can anything.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
goon project: let's counterfeit ISIS gold coins

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

isis were the real paleoconservatives all along

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

TOILETLORD posted:

hey now be fair a lot of us don't really want a gold standard, just a standard, i'd be happier with a quartz is worthless right? A quartz backed dollar instead of a nothing backed dollar, heck make 1 dollar= 1 glass beer bottle or a soda can anything.

nothing is real dude... not even money. think about it thanks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

all of their money is gonna be smuggled out for dollars and euros

Clyfe
Mar 21, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

No man, gold has REAL INTRINSIC VALUE because it is shiny and can be used in electronics and poo poo.

You can't coat your high end cable connectors with dollar bills.

I used to work at one of those lovely cash 4 gold type tv shows, and this was literally the reasoning.

Astrolite
Jun 29, 2005

Ero Ninja Gundam!
Pillbug
the intrinsic value of gold is exactly

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Is gold worth any extra if it is Nazi gold?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

nothing is real dude... not even money. think about it thanks

it's like some people have never even listened to Strawberry Fields Forever

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just pick something worthless tie the dollar to it and then it has the same value except you make 50% of the country who is unhappy happy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MegaGatts posted:

also killing sinful women by stoning

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
they even have some heads to put on the coins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
how long until somebody counterfits isis money and fucks up their fledgling economy

• Locked thread