Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Knuckles Chaotix is better than 95 percent of Sonic games.

Pretty much. It has great music and actually controls like a Sonic game.

I still don't get why they make you go through the stages in a random order though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

That loving Sned posted:

Pretty much. It has great music and actually controls like a Sonic game.

I still don't get why they make you go through the stages in a random order though.

They make you go through random stages as part of making it feel longer without actually making more levels. Which is probably related to why they removed playing as Sonic from it, it's kind of a 75% complete project.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If Knuckles Chaotix had been saved for the saturn and had sonic the dreamcast might have lasted more than half a generation.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Nintendo Kid posted:

They make you go through random stages as part of making it feel longer without actually making more levels. Which is probably related to why they removed playing as Sonic from it, it's kind of a 75% complete project.

They removed it because Mighty is Sonic.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
At least it looks better than Sonic Adventure

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Captain Matchbox posted:

At least it looks better than Sonic Adventure

Hey, Sonic Adventure was great.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

lots of pony avatars in this thread :nallears:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Nope

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

If Knuckles Chaotix had been saved for the saturn and had sonic the dreamcast might have lasted more than half a generation.
SEGA knew they were hosed the moment the PlayStation released. We're lucky that half generation of Dreamcast produced games that were actually good, because Sega was doing everything in its power to turn away fans.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
all sonic fans are broken people

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
This is akin to a super religious person scooping up some abortion juice and making it dance as a way of demonstrating that life begins at conception or whatever they do. Should probably let this go by now, even a leaked prototype is about 10 years too late to matter. Any real fan of the 90s Sega days is long past given up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sonic was a good franchise back when Sonic went fast. When he no longer went fast, the games were no longer fun. Just my 2 cents.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
don't worry, im sure the game sega cancelled because it was terrible will be worth playing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
This is really cool, op.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

d0s posted:

lots of pony avatars in this thread :nallears:

are people really this stupid

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

are people really this stupid

"lots" in this case means "two". I re-checked the thread just to see what he was on about.

so yes apparently some people lose their minds and ability to comprehend threads when viewing pony avatars.

Anyway this game looks like it might be interesting so hopefully it'll be fun or at least weird enough to be entertaining.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
shut up

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Grilox posted:

"lots" in this case means "two". I re-checked the thread just to see what he was on about.

so yes apparently some people lose their minds and ability to comprehend threads when viewing pony avatars.

Anyway this game looks like it might be interesting so hopefully it'll be fun or at least weird enough to be entertaining.

I meant like the dude doesn't realize angry autismals buy people these.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

So how's compiling that thing going OP?

Why don't they just buy new ones?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That doesn't really narrow things down.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Heran Bago posted:

Why don't they just buy new ones?
Because it's a sign that someone was angry enough at the internet to buy a pony avatar for someone else.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

mycot posted:

Because it's a sign that someone was angry enough at the internet to buy a pony avatar for someone else.

also they often get rebought because the kind of person who wastes money on that kind of thing isnt going to let things go

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Whats with the pony derail? I thought the topic was the furry blue hedgehog.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

why is it always loving sonic games that get crazy remakes by weird internet people. go finish that cool gameboy resi game or some poo poo

e: don't answer this

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StabMasterArson posted:

why is it always loving sonic games that get crazy remakes by weird internet people. go finish that cool gameboy resi game or some poo poo

Yeah, because that was a classic in the making tragically cut short before its time to shine. Also, was held ransom before being bought by the collective sperginess of nerds with more money than sense, iirc.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 17, 2014

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

We already have a group finishing Resident Evil 1.5, that's all that matters now :unsmith:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Any real fan of the 90s Sega days is long past given up.

Yes but a game from when Sonic was good is exactly the sort of thing that will re-ignite hope. It is cruel

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Please be careful about where you leak Sonic Xtreme, you wouldn't want to ruin the carpet

TheRedEye
Sep 10, 2003

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!

Nanomashoes posted:

Where's Bio Force Ape???

I leaked that. The prototype is still in my house.

All the ROM leakers hang out on Something Awful.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mister Adequate posted:

Yes but a game from when Sonic was good is exactly the sort of thing that will re-ignite hope. It is cruel

I'm sure the Sonic game deemed too lovely even for Sega will revitalize the franchise

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah, because that was a classic in the making tragically cut short before its time to shine. Also, was held ransom before being bought by the collective sperginess of nerds with more money than sense, iirc.

calling sonic xtreme a classic cut short might be jumping the gun. it probably isn't going to be very good, more of a holy grail of lost 90s curios

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

sonic fans crazy and delusional you say

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Gimme the beta OP

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I look forward to this replacing the Sonic Worlds engine.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome Welles posted:

We already have a group finishing Resident Evil 1.5, that's all that matters now :unsmith:

And I think the GameBoy port of RE was released, hell we even had an LP on here for it, it was mostly incomplete I think.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

First demo released, and it's predictably total poo poo. (the game of course, good work by the guys patching it together)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCMdV_oywQ

"PLAY" the "GAME" you've been waiting for!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hey cool I kind of forgot about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

F. Lobot posted:

First demo released, and it's predictably total poo poo. (the game of course, good work by the guys patching it together)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCMdV_oywQ

"PLAY" the "GAME" you've been waiting for!

the game so lovely even sega wouldnt release it is... bad?????!?

• Locked thread