Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The fish eye lens is a pretty interesting idea since it let you see further ahead in each direction. Might have been a bit disorienting to play, but maybe I'll be able to see for myself in the near future.

Here's the same part of a stage from some different viewpoints:

The last screenshot reminds me of LittleBigPlanet, where you move in 2D but can tap up or down to switch to a different layer. The first Sonic game to use both 2D and 3D movement was Sonic Unleashed, which worked better than in the Crash Bandicoot games where pressing up or down on a 2D part would just make you fall off the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Knuckles Chaotix is better than 95 percent of Sonic games.

Pretty much. It has great music and actually controls like a Sonic game.

I still don't get why they make you go through the stages in a random order though.

• Locked thread