Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

look i just want to know: WHY a pink yankee cap?

Don't hate what you can't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

Don't hate what you can't understand

It's the American Way

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TT is your strategy just to tell everyone "I have the numbers, hop on board to get the points", and hope that becomes self-fulfilling?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OK so what is this game aboot?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Opopanax posted:

OK so what is this game aboot?

Making friends and surviving.

Pops... will you be my friend? :3:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah ok

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

things have gotten... awkward..

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

TT is your strategy just to tell everyone "I have the numbers, hop on board to get the points", and hope that becomes self-fulfilling?

No, while that might affect stragglers I have enough to reasonably claim a numbers advantage

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If anybody has any secret groups or anything, feel free to include me so I can keep the viewers abreast of the drama.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Group chat d1 seems kinda overkill in this setup

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Roughly 24 hours remaining in day one.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

winvirus posted:

Roughly 24 hours remaining in day one.

Can't we have a double boots sometimes. The two players with most votes are getting eliminated.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

Group chat d1 seems kinda overkill in this setup

*looks at the player list*

yeah none of these people are gonna be doing group chats in a game of voting people off.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's a totally different setup and if they're expecting alliances to maintain themselves round to round they'll deserve what's coming imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

agreed wholly

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I know the true nature of this game.

We are living in a nightmare.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have seen its face.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mr.capps posted:

I have seen its face.

and it is handsome

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm confident enough that I have numbers that I ask anyone who's going to vote mills to vote me instead.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

By the way, so everyone is aware: Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 27 & 28) will both count as Non-Days, so that if a day starts on the 26th, for instance, the deadline will be on the 30th, because holiday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm confident enough that I have numbers that I ask anyone who's going to vote mills to vote me instead.

Cute.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i voted for Mills.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I honestly don't understand the mindset of players lying and acting tough D1

like sure there's no jury, but you don't shoot your load after the first pump

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

I honestly don't understand the mindset of players lying and acting tough D1

like sure there's no jury, but you don't shoot your load after the first pump

Is this to me?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

no

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Who is it about?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

various people I'm trying not to dirty

I can be mad about pointless duplicity without trying to sandbag their game out of spite

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Taste, you need to understand why this strategy is a losing one. It's because people need information, and you're refusing to give it to anybody. You're trying to put yourself in a position where you have the information and your "numbers" - which aren't sufficient, I guarantee you - can't exist in a state without you. You complain about people lying and acting tough, but that's exactly what you're doing when you talk about the numbers that you don't have.

You claim to have the numbers but you don't. Everybody who is talking to anybody knows this. You're trying to create a winning plurality against a fractured opposition, particularly (and overtly) by claiming things like this:

Tremendous Taste posted:

but that won't work because it's too obvious a play. You have claimed to me multiple times that you have the numbers in PMs, but I haven't received a single PM from anybody else who says they're on your side the entire time - why is that a side I would vote with? Why is that a side that anybody would vote with? Why should I have jumped onto a side that just promises me something but doesn't back it up? People need to feel secure and they absolutely should not on that side. Hell, I didn't receive a PM from Mills until I announced my vote in the thread. Why shouldn't I have voted for him? If you have the numbers and you want to keep them, you probably need to claim them in the open right now. Otherwise, you're done.

It's probably too late for that though.

I'm sorry for lying in my first PM to you. For those who don't know, my lie to Taste was this:

quote:

i won't vote mills tho

I had every intention of voting for Mills at that point, there was no reason to string you along, and I apologize. I'm not going to lie in this game anymore, to anybody. There will be information I won't give up, but I'll be honest and will say it's not information I'm giving up rather than just make up garbage. I will be announcing every vote I make. I want to play this low stress and just have fun with people.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am more than happy to be chill with anybody in this game. Hi, everybody.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:eyepop:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You're not having fun with me, Poque. :shrug:

That post is pretty disingenuous but it's cool. A lot of people already treating this like a Survivor season, and playing down your care factor has always been a strong strategy for a snake. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mills speaks!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I mean we all know how we each as individuals play these kinds of games; we've all watched each other do it. Everyone knows your game, Poque. No point saying "This time I'll be different." The same applies to everyone in the game!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sup Asiina

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What's disingenuous about it?

You never approached me. You went through Taste as an intermediary (whether you wanted that or Taste just took it upon himself) and that's not a fun way to play the game.

And sure, I never approached you either. But I have approached four people in this game, I believe - just looking at my sent PMs and how many messages don't start with "Re:". Everybody else that I've spoken to has approached me first.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mills posted:

You're not having fun with me, Poque. :shrug:

That post is pretty disingenuous but it's cool. A lot of people already treating this like a Survivor season, and playing down your care factor has always been a strong strategy for a snake. :)

*King Snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mills posted:

I mean we all know how we each as individuals play these kinds of games; we've all watched each other do it. Everyone knows your game, Poque. No point saying "This time I'll be different." The same applies to everyone in the game!

Then you should already know Taste's strategy won't work based on season 4 of Awful Survivor. IIRC, it was him who was trying to start an alliance based on "Join this alliance but I won't tell you who is in it." I could check with Little Mac, I remember him complaining about it after the merge.

• Locked thread