Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It was a nice movie about grief and robots with a team superhero origin story sort of happening as a bit of an afterthought. In fact, a lot of things in the movie felt like afterthoughts compared to the overall theme of grief and robots. Still, I'd watch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

Level Slide posted:

It was a nice movie about grief and robots with a team superhero origin story sort of happening as a bit of an afterthought. In fact, a lot of things in the movie felt like afterthoughts compared to the overall theme of grief and robots. Still, I'd watch it again.

you got all that from a pg kids film? Did you take your daughter to go see it or something? Otherwise I don't see any other reason why you watched that garbage.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TheRatboyGenius posted:

you got all that from a pg kids film? Did you take your daughter to go see it or something? Otherwise I don't see any other reason why you watched that garbage.

lots of people attach too much meaning to childrens movies to justify their choices

(seriously though i had no idea that one was superhero based at all)

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't stand most current kids movies so ibforce mine to watch the ones I liked when I was a kid

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
ha ha the puffy air baloon robut is a funny!!

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

shiksa posted:

lots of people attach too much meaning to childrens movies to justify their choices

(seriously though i had no idea that one was superhero based at all)

I know! It's like get a life already sheesh.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I know! It's like get a life already sheesh.

Ive noticed at kids movies there are a lot of Asian couples in their twenties. What the gently caress is wrong with you going to a kids movie on a Saturday night

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

mookface posted:

Ive noticed at kids movies there are a lot of Asian couples in their twenties. What the gently caress is wrong with you going to a kids movie on a Saturday night

Ugh, Don't even get me started on couples like that, if it's not asian's in there twenties watching that garbage, it's loving stoners. Hypothetically... if we were to go see a movie on a Saturday night? What would we see?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Ugh, Don't even get me started on couples like that, if it's not asian's in there twenties watching that garbage, it's loving stoners. Hypothetically... if we were to go see a movie on a Saturday night? What would we see?

Interstellar

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was okay, Baymax is cute. Superhero aspect was super unnecessary except that it was totally necessary since it's a Marvel property.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

mookface posted:

they are handjobbing each other under the seat ofc

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

mookface posted:

Interstellar

We can always go see Birdman next saturday.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Better than the Incredibles? Yes or No

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mookface posted:

cant blame the girls honestly

its like, what are you going to do instead, gently caress an asian dude? you gotta be kitten me...

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
I saw your movie OP called small dick 4.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I missed the first 5 of those movies. Not jumping in this late.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

neato burrito posted:

Better than the Incredibles? Yes or No

No

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
best time to see movies stoned is the 8 am matinees with like 2 old people sleeping in the theater.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

TOILETLORD posted:

best time to see movies stoned is the 8 am matinees with like 2 old people sleeping in the theater.

Yeah do drugs and see a movie in theaters intended for children thats not creepy as gently caress at all.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
why didn't betamax grab his fist

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

amuayse posted:

why didn't betamax grab his fist

Because it's a movie.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mookface posted:

I can't stand most current kids movies so ibforce mine to watch the ones I liked when I was a kid

Dark Crystal, The Neverending Story, Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, Labyrinth, E.T., The Secret of NIMH, etc, etc.

Yeah, my kids love that stuff.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

What theaters near you do 8 a.m. showings? Earliest I've ever seen around here is like 10 a.m. and there are a lot of goddamn movie theaters where I am.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
you should feel like a failure and ashamed if you actually willingly saw this movie for baby kids. my favorite movie is just three hours of a single shot of a guy doing his taxes, that's a real adult movie. 5/5 would stare emotionlessly at it again

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

HD DAD posted:

you should feel like a failure and ashamed if you actually willingly saw this movie for baby kids. my favorite movie is just three hours of a single shot of a guy doing his taxes, that's a real adult movie. 5/5 would stare emotionlessly at it again

Same, except it's a six hour movie with an hour long scene of Japanese men at a business meeting trying to sound important and relevant.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Baymax's rampage was the best part of the movie

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I tried to watch guardians of the galaxy but I was way too high for that poo poo. The racoon was confusing the hell out of me. How is big hero 6 for weed viewing

edit: I stopped where it was like "whoa did he just say 'I didnt ask to be made' like thats too much "

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
lot of insecure twenty years olds trying to seem grown up on this thread. "that toy is for bayyyybies, i only play with grimdark big kid toys"

seriously excellent movie, worth seeing in theatre.

Canned Ham Radio
Feb 4, 2009

Long range, Mobile,
And Delicious!
Pillbug
I have a group of nerd friends. We all hit the local cheap theater on Thursday night to see whatever is currently playing. $6 bucks to get in and $6 for a large popcorn and a soda. Can't beat it as a way to spend time with good friends and we have even found a few movies that weren't too bad.

On that note, Big Hero 6 wasn't bad.. It was soooo much better when we realized that if you stuck beymax in a pair of corduroy pants it would be our friend Keith..

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

lot of insecure twenty years olds trying to seem grown up on this thread. "that toy is for bayyyybies, i only play with grimdark big kid toys"

seriously excellent movie, worth seeing in theatre.

this is legit due to theater spelline

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Grief and Robots sounds like an awesome name for a band.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Internet's got a point

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Dark Crystal, The Neverending Story, Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, Labyrinth, E.T., The Secret of NIMH, etc, etc.

Yeah, my kids love that stuff.

We watched the princess bride the other day.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I don't get down on adults for liking kid movies, but as a parent, gently caress you if you have the ability to go to a goddamn adult movie and you choose the kids movie. You know what I would do to get a day off without my kid so I could go see Interstellar? Seriously, gently caress you OP.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i just judge a movie on if i will be entertained for whatever it's length is, other than that who cares.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Wooten posted:

I don't get down on adults for liking kid movies, but as a parent, gently caress you if you have the ability to go to a goddamn adult movie and you choose the kids movie. You know what I would do to get a day off without my kid so I could go see Interstellar? Seriously, gently caress you OP.

My dad took me to see "Starship Troopers" when I was 11. It was the only thing he ever did right as a parent.

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!
It was actually a really good movie GBS. Shame on you.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Apthous posted:

My dad took me to see "Starship Troopers" when I was 11. It was the only thing he ever did right as a parent.

My dad took me to see that when I was 11 too. I remember they used "song 2" by blur in all the trailers, but it wasn't in the movie. There was a 30 something neckbeard behind me that shouted "a woooohoooo" every time something blew up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Wooten posted:

My dad took me to see that when I was 11 too. I remember they used "song 2" by blur in all the trailers, but it wasn't in the movie. There was a 30 something neckbeard behind me that shouted "a woooohoooo" every time something blew up anyway.

I don't know where I saw the trailer for it but I demanded that my parents take me to see it.

• Locked thread