Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

In other news, goons continue to not understand jokes.

I put the :rolleyes: smiley as a way to indicate my sarcasm but I guess it went over your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

mind the walrus posted:

I put the :rolleyes: smiley as a way to indicate my sarcasm but I guess it went over your head.

No, sorry, I meant the other guy. I was quoting you in agreement.

EDIT: Wait if you were being sarcastic then I don't actually know what you meant by that so I don't know if I agreed

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

Is there still a cad mock thread? I enjoyed reading those

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672461

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
isnt there a penny arcade thread in pyf or something. posting about this in gbs gives me weirde deja vu

edit: nvm the post above me suffices

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I've always thought Penny Arcade was a ripoff of The Angry Beavers.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
that was a horrible cartoon i incessantly watched as a child. also catdog. where did the poop come out

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No, sorry, I meant the other guy. I was quoting you in agreement.

EDIT: Wait if you were being sarcastic then I don't actually know what you meant by that so I don't know if I agreed

It was one of those "have it both ways" bits of sarcasm where the sentiment was genuine but the defensive tone was hyperbolic and making fun of assholes who need to defend PA's spurious honor.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I've always thought Penny Arcade was a ripoff of The Angry Beavers.

Y'know I always did see Comic-Tycho as a ripoff of Norbert but I never once articulated that to anybody.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/10/08/what-it-looks-like

Penny Arcade can sometimes be pretty okay.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/09/03/accomodations

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

This was a pretty good one yeah.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'll give them this, the Halloween 3-parter about Australians not getting Halloween worked:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The art style just gets worse and worse as time goes on.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

lmfao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

a hole-y ghost posted:

Heh. I think not.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ok this had a certain degree of self-awareness too

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

penny arcade is still funny sometimes but the art really fell off a loving cliff after the artist decided to give everyone bizarre bulbous weird-colored noses

like literally one day instead of people having noses he started drawing eggplants on their faces and weird buck teeth and distorted mouths

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 16, 2014

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was blown away that the skinny one has the stereotypical "nerd-voice", where you get a bunch of saliva in your mouth and lisp near your back teeth. I thought people just did that for fun, I didn't realize anyone actually talked like that.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I think it's important to note that the child's play charity was started out of spite. There was some big news stories about video games causing terrorism or something. So they went "Oh we're all dangerous assholes eh? How bout I start a charity where gamers help sick children? Who's the rear end in a top hat now?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr_Amazing posted:

I think it's important to note that the child's play charity was started out of spite. There was some big news stories about video games causing terrorism or something. So they went "Oh we're all dangerous assholes eh? How bout I start a charity where gamers help sick children? Who's the rear end in a top hat now?"

is that actually important to note

soprofol
Nov 2, 2014
of course they cant start a normal charity

no, everything in life is about videogames

"so for our charity i decided we as gamers would send children videogames! euuuuughhghhh!" /nasally nerd human being voice

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm not really sure that matters. You think they've been running a charity for 7 or 8 years out of spite?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

soprofol posted:

of course they cant start a normal charity

no, everything in life is about videogames

"so for our charity i decided we as gamers would send children videogames! euuuuughhghhh!" /nasally nerd human being voice

actually it was a cool thing they did hth. and their life is video games and they get mad bucks for doing it which is pretty much every gamers wet dream

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Xaris posted:

actually it was a cool thing they did hth. and their life is video games and they get mad bucks for doing it which is pretty much every gamers wet dream

It is every gamers wet dream. Except that people that self-identify as gamers are scum.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was blown away that the skinny one has the stereotypical "nerd-voice", where you get a bunch of saliva in your mouth and lisp near your back teeth. I thought people just did that for fun, I didn't realize anyone actually talked like that.

The guy has super messed up teeth, so it's no wonder he can't pronounce things correctly.

Awkwardness ahoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3yhl8wra0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K9xVa4CTqE

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Penny arcade is one hell of a webcom.

I like when they do stuff with the world of Warcraft. loving warlocks and tauntauns cracks me up every time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

wait so they are supposed to be their cartoon representations? so the bald girly one really is into zoo sex

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

wait so they are supposed to be their cartoon representations? so the bald girly one really is into zoo sex

You did this already

you literally did this already are you a broken rec ord

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
I don't get most of the references OP.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

there's no difference between this and starting a charity for real reasons

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

PA is dumb, but not as dumb as the sad nerds on its forums

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

enraged_camel posted:

PA is dumb, but not as dumb as the sad nerds on its forums

I remember a time where you had to, like, pass some sort of evaluation to get onto the forums and they would only allow X number of people to register per month. I never registered because that poo poo is dumb.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

barfoid 4 posted:

I don't get most of the references OP.

same i guess the one about australian was funny but why dloes everyone have wobbly mouth now

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I remember a time where you had to, like, pass some sort of evaluation to get onto the forums and they would only allow X number of people to register per month. I never registered because that poo poo is dumb.

it's basically a bunch of stinky tumblr-types who were rejected and alienated in high school, and then came together said "let's create our own forums so we can be cool too!"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

You did this already

you literally did this already are you a broken rec ord

No I'm not

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

No I'm not

but yeah

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

lonesomedwarf posted:

hello, friend, please tell me where this is from, and thanks in advance

How loving stupid do you have to be to not recognize Keanu's chin?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I wonder if it's ever come up that the way gabe draws his wife looks like tychos's wifu. I wonder if gabe's wife ever wonders why her husband doesn't draw her.

I wonder.

Edit: god drat these characters are confusing.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 16, 2014

soprofol
Nov 2, 2014

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

President Kucinich posted:

How loving stupid do you have to be to not recognize Keanu's chin?

how abot you tell me what its from persident friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Haha, what's next? Paying?

• Locked thread